• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

CourtnieMarie

CM charts a course on autopilot

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

 

Argh. If I got that notice I would start imagining what might be in the water. And then I would have trouble stopping thinking about what was in the water. Sea monsters, maybe. 

Generally speaking, these are highly precautionary measures. I don't recall any instances of sea monsters coming in through the sink. (The toilets, well, that's a different story altogether :P)

 

2 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

our town water is having issues and we had a "boil water" notice last night and this morning. ugh. so annoying. they advise not using the water for ANYTHING: brushing teeth, washing hands, etc. we boiled a batch in the instant pot. fingers crossed it's back to normal tonight. they say showering is okay if you're careful not to swallow any water but it sure made me feel gross anyway.

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

EXACTLY!

 

no it was just a water pump replacement which lowered the pressure. with lower pressure comes a higher likelihood for bacteria to accumulate. our state environmental agency ordered the town to put the boil notice on. and though they got everything back up to the required pressure overnight, the agency requires sampling to be sure. looks like the ban will stay until samples come back tomorrow afternoon!

If it was a precautionary boil water notice (and from what you describe, that would be my guess) then you can use the water, you just need to disinfect it first, i.e. boiling it, or if you've got unscented bleach, you can use that; 8 drops of bleach per gallon, let it sit for about 30 minutes and you're ready to go.

 

Hope that clears up soon though! It's a pain anyway you look at it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Generally speaking, these are highly precautionary measures. I don't recall any instances of sea monsters coming in through the sink. (The toilets, well, that's a different story altogether :P)

 

giphy.gif

 

59 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

If it was a precautionary boil water notice (and from what you describe, that would be my guess) then you can use the water, you just need to disinfect it first, i.e. boiling it, or if you've got unscented bleach, you can use that; 8 drops of bleach per gallon, let it sit for about 30 minutes and you're ready to go.

 

Hope that clears up soon though! It's a pain anyway you look at it.

thanks! it did say we could bleach it.. i felt weird about that... but, in any case, our bleach has already been moved to the new place :rolleyes: luckily we have the biggest instant pot so we can boil a lot of water at once!

 

actually when we did this last night and filled up containers, the water in my RTIC cup was still warm in the morning! after being in the fridge all night! good insulation.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, it does seem a little weird to add bleach. But, if you stop and think about it, most water treatment facilities do add chlorine (or chlorine and ammonia) to their water anyway. So, even pre-packaged/bottled water likely contained it at one point. But, good you have a solid solution anyway!

 

And that is seriously impressive that it was still warm!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

our town water is having issues and we had a "boil water" notice last night and this morning. ugh. so annoying. they advise not using the water for ANYTHING: brushing teeth, washing hands, etc. we boiled a batch in the instant pot. fingers crossed it's back to normal tonight. they say showering is okay if you're careful not to swallow any water but it sure made me feel gross anyway.

 

Or have any open wounds. Or get it into your eyes. Or get some into your ears. Or... or... or...

 

Bleh and yuck on boil water notices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

 

Or have any open wounds. Or get it into your eyes. Or get some into your ears. Or... or... or...

 

Bleh and yuck on boil water notices.

right?! i was totally freaking out in the shower this morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 2 – Thursday

 

I woke up for the gym but needed another hour of sleep. so I did some bw squats (60) and counter pushups (30) after the extra snooze.

 

left early to visit dad and it was a good visit :) dinner was ground beef with a frozen bag of jasmine rice that’s been in the freezer for at least a couple months – yay using things up! we had it with some broccoli and an Asian sauce. it was delicious.

 

Fitness: 2/5 runs, 3/5 workouts, 3/5 bridges & clamshells, 12/30 yoga

Sleep: 5/11 midnight cutoff, avg 7h35m

 

don’t know if I’m going to get a run in this week. yoga I should definitely be able to squeeze.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

and as of 10 minutes ago, we're no longer on a boil notice!!

Yay!  Our water is back on again too, but we didn't get any notice.  Now I am really nervous about what kind of bacteria have have been accumulating in the interim :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2019 at 12:07 AM, WhiteGhost said:

Yay!  Our water is back on again too, but we didn't get any notice.  Now I am really nervous about what kind of bacteria have have been accumulating in the interim :( 

that's tough. how long was it out for? I don't think ours ever had bacteria but they had to ban it while they sampled to be sure. If yours were able to sample and came up with clean results, then the outgoing water from your plant should not have bacteria above legal limits anymore. the bacteria will continually be killed off by the chemicals and pressure in the plant.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 2 – Friday

 

good day at work albeit a bit stressful in the middle of the day. got out of there on time and picked up some coffee for the 2.5 hr ride out to bro-in-law’s house.

 

I ate cheezits and chocolate for dinner lol

 

Fitness: 2/5 runs, 3/5 workouts, 3/5 bridges & clamshells, 12/30 yoga

Sleep: 5/11 midnight cutoff, avg 7h37m

 

Week 2 – Saturday

 

woke up for about 15 mins at quarter to 6am to play with our niece :) I was able to go back to sleep for another hour and a half though!

 

made the additional 2.5 hr drive to the venue town of the wedding. We were able to chill for a couple hours before getting ready and heading over. It was a beautiful ceremony with a delicious bbq buffet dinner! lots of dancing and drinking ensued.

 

veggies: cabbage salad, coleslaw, green juice

 

Week 2 – Sunday

 

We had made sure to pack at least two totes and our winter shovels so that we could drop them off at the new place on our way home. unfortunately we forgot to pick up a couple things we needed for the next couple weeks so Spouse has to go back on Tuesday. BUT we finally remembered our vacuum and cleaned out the kitchen cabinets.

 

veggies: green beans & spinach

 

week 2 scores!

Food: 3/3 weekend vegetables

Life: 6/10 boxes packed; 2/2 moving; 1/2 dad insurance

Fitness: 2/5 runs, 3/5 workouts, 3/5 bridges & clamshells, 12/30 yoga

Sleep: 7/11 midnight cutoff, avg 7h35m

 

fitness fell by the wayside last week. but everything else is looking good! hope to make it to the gym once before our river float trip this weekend!

tenor.gif?itemid=4186058

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

that's tough. how long was it out for?

32 days (but who's counting)  Apparently the city was replacing the whole pipe network for our neighborhood.   It was the hot water pipes, so no chance bacteria could have been growing in the unused pipes in the interim,  right? Right? :unsure::huh:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

32 days (but who's counting)  Apparently the city was replacing the whole pipe network for our neighborhood.   It was the hot water pipes, so no chance bacteria could have been growing in the unused pipes in the interim,  right? Right? :unsure::huh:

 

 

wow! that's an undertaking. my non-expert opinion says, no. bacteria typically needs water to grow. if they were brand new pipes and they didn't put them in use until all of the pipes were ready, you're probably fine :unsure:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 3 – Monday

 

slept in after a semi-late night unpacking, making bfasts, etc.

 

visited my dad after work, it was a tough one. went home and cooked dinner. we’re trying to use up stuff in our pantry and this pancake mix had been there for over a month. so I added some garlic powder and dried onions to it for a savory side. we had some leftover sausage & peppers so I heated those up and added spinach. not to shabby!

 

I made some overnight oats for today’s bfast and watched half of an episode of stranger things.

 

Fitness: 2/5 runs, 3/5 workouts, 3/5 bridges & clamshells, 0/30 yoga

Sleep: 7/11 midnight cutoff, avg 7h54m

 

 

the plan.

M: visit dad

T: AM circuit; PM yoga; make dressing for camp salad; laundry

W: AM run; work dinner

T: AM gym; visit dad

F: AM yoga; travel to Maine

S: AM yoga; canoeing

S: travel home; groceries; meal prep

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 3 – Tuesday

 

okay so I slept in AGAIN but not as long and was able to get another quick BW circuit in. 60 squats and 30 counter pushups.

 

work was fine thankfully. I did laundry when I got home and made dressing for a crucifer salad this weekend. folded some clothes and then made dinner. we finished watching stranger things and I did not do yoga. we got to talking about the house and installing gas lines for new dryers but it kind of tipped me over the edge and I ended up having a bit of a freak out cryfest. with everything going on, I’m not surprised and I’m going to try to be kinder to myself about missing these fitness goals. I’m definitely having way more cold feet about moving into a new house than I did about getting married. that was way more fun.

 

i also think it's about time i start looking at my health insurance and see how to get therapy covered.

 

Fitness: 2/5 runs, 4/5 workouts, 3/5 bridges & clamshells, 0/30 yoga

Sleep: 7/11 midnight cutoff, avg 7h54m

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

we’re trying to use up stuff in our pantry and this pancake mix had been there for over a month. so I added some garlic powder and dried onions to it for a savory side. we had some leftover sausage & peppers so I heated those up and added spinach. not to shabby!

Nice!

 

39 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

we got to talking about the house and installing gas lines for new dryers but it kind of tipped me over the edge and I ended up having a bit of a freak out cryfest. with everything going on, I’m not surprised and I’m going to try to be kinder to myself about missing these fitness goals. I’m definitely having way more cold feet about moving into a new house than I did about getting married. that was way more fun.

HUGS. And well, one is is a party with your friends and about celebrating the person you looooove. The other one is kind of an isolating, super ADULTINGfest where you two are solely responsible for making everything happen that you need to happen and the only reward is like... being comfy in your new home -- which is a good one, but far more abstract and further off than having a great big dance party. ;) Plus, uh, YEAH. You have a lot going on right now in general. Hope the cryfest was cathartic! 

 

39 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

i also think it's about time i start looking at my health insurance and see how to get therapy covered.

Good luckkkk. It's such a tricky realm to navigate. In my last bout of therapy, I did find that there are some folks who are very willing to sliding scale for you if you aren't covered.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

I’m definitely having way more cold feet about moving into a new house than I did about getting married. that was way more fun.


Awww, sorry about that. At some point soon, all the kerfuffle will be over, and you'll be snug and content in your home. I really hope you're covered for therapy. It can be super useful with the right person. 

In the meantime, here's a pup on a trampoline. Because science tells us that seeing pictures of fluffy animals increases our emotional resilience.

 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d2f345d6358743059

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, raptron said:

HUGS. And well, one is is a party with your friends and about celebrating the person you looooove. The other one is kind of an isolating, super ADULTINGfest where you two are solely responsible for making everything happen that you need to happen and the only reward is like... being comfy in your new home -- which is a good one, but far more abstract and further off than having a great big dance party. ;) Plus, uh, YEAH. You have a lot going on right now in general. Hope the cryfest was cathartic! 

thanks :) i hadn't really found a good way to explain what I was feeling, but this is very close <3

 

1 hour ago, raptron said:

Good luckkkk. It's such a tricky realm to navigate. In my last bout of therapy, I did find that there are some folks who are very willing to sliding scale for you if you aren't covered.

good to know, i'm sure it'll take some time to find a good fit and price if i'm not covered. but it's something i've been touting as GREAT but never getting into it myself. time to get down to the business of healing!

 

1 hour ago, Harriet said:


Awww, sorry about that. At some point soon, all the kerfuffle will be over, and you'll be snug and content in your home. I really hope you're covered for therapy. It can be super useful with the right person. 

In the meantime, here's a pup on a trampoline. Because science tells us that seeing pictures of fluffy animals increases our emotional resilience.

 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d2f345d6358743059

yessss for science!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2019 at 8:45 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

work was fine thankfully. I did laundry when I got home and made dressing for a crucifer salad this weekend. folded some clothes and then made dinner. we finished watching stranger things and I did not do yoga. we got to talking about the house and installing gas lines for new dryers but it kind of tipped me over the edge and I ended up having a bit of a freak out cryfest. with everything going on, I’m not surprised and I’m going to try to be kinder to myself about missing these fitness goals. I’m definitely having way more cold feet about moving into a new house than I did about getting married. that was way more fun.

Hugs dude - the adulting that goes with just moving apartments did me in for a bit. And house buying is like a WHOLE 'nother level, so totally understandable. Especially on top of other stuff you've got going on.

 

On 7/17/2019 at 8:45 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

i also think it's about time i start looking at my health insurance and see how to get therapy covered.

Props to you for taking this step - I'll be similarly looking at this stuff soon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2019 at 8:45 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

I’m definitely having way more cold feet about moving into a new house than I did about getting married. that was way more fun.

 

On 7/17/2019 at 9:28 AM, raptron said:

HUGS. And well, one is is a party with your friends and about celebrating the person you looooove. The other one is kind of an isolating, super ADULTINGfest where you two are solely responsible for making everything happen that you need to happen and the only reward is like... being comfy in your new home -- which is a good one, but far more abstract and further off than having a great big dance party. ;) Plus, uh, YEAH. You have a lot going on right now in general. Hope the cryfest was cathartic! 

 

 

^^YEP. As someone who is currently doing this, it sucks, but I'm already starting to see how worth it will be. HUGS for solidarity 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks everyone! I haven't started looking for therapy options, that'll probably be next challenge :)

 

the canoe float camping weekend was AWESOME! and i actually got so much sleep. it was ridiculously HOT and i think that drained everyone. we didn't stay up around the fire as long as we would have in previous years. i got a sunburn on my legs but nowhere else so i was pretty diligent about sunscreen with that exception. i napped in the car for a whole hour on sunday and we were able to move a few more things to the house. i started feeling pretty nauseous though which might have been heat exhaustion or all of the cheese balls. not sure as i'm still not feeling 100%.

 

we had a friend from TX visiting monday night so we went out with her and talked late into the night (late for a school night anyway). yesterday was kind of a recuperating day except that work blew up and I was nonstop all day. luckily my sister is in town for a few days and went to see our dad in my stead.

 

today we're kind of getting back to normal! visiting my dad after work and hopefully some movement tomorrow morning. i have a massage thursday night and then The Big Move is this weekend. we got 2 more suitcases packed last night and we'll do more Friday night and all day saturday before the movers come sunday morning.

 

i don't know why I thought this challenge would be autopilot?!

tenor.gif?itemid=3533963

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i did get in some planned movement this morning! just yoga but it felt great. luckily our new place isn't more than a few minutes further from our gym, so i think we'll keep our memberships there. fingers crossed we can get back to some kind of fitness routine. seeing as we already signed up for discounted tough mudder next year and promised ourselves we wouldn't drop off a routine... oops.

 

we're moving this weekend and then have TWO FULL WEEKENDS where we aren't traveling! we've got a beach day and a concert planned but sleeping in our own bed. and then, of course, 3 weekends away. a wedding, camping by ourselves in ptown, and camping in VT.

 

did i tell y'all that i finally scheduled a meeting with an accountant and medicaid specialist for my dad's stuff? well i did! despite not getting in fitness time this challenge, i still accomplished my life goals

  • Confirm dad’s health insurance
    • Look at current secondary policy
    • Talk with an accountant regarding his scenario
  • survive moving
    • pack up 10 more boxes, 2 per week
    • set up internet
    • clean new house

i've also decided that i might not need an average of 7h40m sleep each night. i did get that average last week but didn't feel any sort of physical or mental improvement. plus trying to get those extra 10 mins is kind of stressing me out. so. i'm going to be happy with 7h30m and see how i feel.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

did i tell y'all that i finally scheduled a meeting with an accountant and medicaid specialist for my dad's stuff? well i did! despite not getting in fitness time this challenge, i still accomplished my life goals


There are specialists who help you figure out the medical insurance? That sounds useful. Well, happy moving! I hope everything goes smoothly and last minute stress is at a minimum. (But not zero, because then you wouldn't enjoy as much relief and happiness when you are finally settled in, right?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

i did get in some planned movement this morning! just yoga but it felt great. luckily our new place isn't more than a few minutes further from our gym, so i think we'll keep our memberships there. fingers crossed we can get back to some kind of fitness routine.

I'm sure you will! Things will calm down.

 

52 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

we're moving this weekend and then have TWO FULL WEEKENDS where we aren't traveling! we've got a beach day and a concert planned but sleeping in our own bed.

Oooh, fun! 

 

52 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

and then, of course, 3 weekends away. a wedding, camping by ourselves in ptown, and camping in VT.

:D Of course. 

 

52 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

did i tell y'all that i finally scheduled a meeting with an accountant and medicaid specialist for my dad's stuff? well i did! despite not getting in fitness time this challenge, i still accomplished my life goals

HUGE things.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now