• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sylph

sylph does a thing. anything.

On 7/5/2019 at 3:04 PM, sylph said:

More lunges and goblet squats yesterday afternoon. I was going to do actual squats, but hubs was monopolizing the rack. ;)

How rude. :P 

Go go salad club!

On 7/4/2019 at 3:09 AM, WhiteGhost said:

Workouts & salads :)  Sounds like you are succeeding at doing the anything thing

Trying, anyway. We'll see if I can keep it up through the rest of the month.

On 7/4/2019 at 10:23 AM, KB Girl said:

Rightfully so! :D

I was really insufferably smug about it. Good thing the smugness stayed only in my head.

On 7/5/2019 at 9:52 AM, raptron said:

SALAD CLUB!!! WOOO.

And nice. Lunges are so hard but I feel like they're just so good for ya.

I love/hate lunges.

On 7/6/2019 at 3:09 PM, Mad Hatter said:

How rude. :P 

Go go salad club!

He would've been more than happy for me to work in, that would've just been LOTS of plates to shift and I didn't wanna. ;)

• Like 1

Chest and shoulders on Saturday--DB chest press and DB OHP, IIRC. Plus 20 mins walking on the treadmill to start to address my horrendous cardio endurance.

Tonight I should do some rows and chins and things, though my neck is jacked at the moment--I must've slept funny on it a couple nights ago because my right-left range of motion is remarkably stunted for the moment. If I can lift without feeling like I'm making things worse, I will, but otherwise it'll be a rest day or maybe just some treadmill action.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2019 at 12:59 PM, WhiteGhost said:

Kinked necks are no fun. Hope it fixes itself soon

Definitely better today.

4 hours ago, raptron said:

I feel like sleeping is the most dangerous thing we all do. :P

Sure seems like it sometimes!

Yesterday on the drive home from work, my neck cracked in a very satisfying and slightly alarming way. Satisfying as it immediately felt about 80% better, alarming because it was VERY high up my neck. Like occipital/atlas/axis height. It was still pretty sore by the time I got home so I skipped the workout and instead took a hot shower. After keeping me awake for a bit of the night last night, today it is about 95% so I am comfortable that I can do some rows and chins tonight without doing damage to myself. :encouragement:

• Like 2

On 7/9/2019 at 3:01 PM, sylph said:

Yesterday on the drive home from work, my neck cracked in a very satisfying and slightly alarming way. Satisfying as it immediately felt about 80% better, alarming because it was VERY high up my neck. Like occipital/atlas/axis height. It was still pretty sore by the time I got home so I skipped the workout and instead took a hot shower. After keeping me awake for a bit of the night last night, today it is about 95% so I am comfortable that I can do some rows and chins tonight without doing damage to myself. :encouragement:

NICE.

Hey there, glad to see you posting a goal and whatnot.  I'll stick around and follow for the "usta'do" circus'y situation. 

I too am inordinately proud of you for eating salad for lunch twice this week.  I have a hard time these days eating salad at all.  At one point, if I didn't work out, salad was what I got for lunch.  Extra healthy too, since I don't like dressing.  These days I almost have to snigger at the thought of eating "just a salad".  So good for you.  Score one for Sylph!  

You know those days where everyone does their jobs, the whole team is on the same page and stuff just flows?

Today (honestly,  much of this week) is the opposite of that. :mad-new:

Anyway, didn't lift on Tuesday despite the neck feeling better, so instead did some chins and rows and ab tucks last night. Have a post work happy hour tonight so will likely get back to the gym on Friday

No Salad Club this week, but I'm going to set it as a goal for tomorrow. :)

• Like 1

On 7/10/2019 at 1:34 PM, Mad Hatter said:

Glad your neck’s feeling better already!

6 hours ago, raptron said:

NICE.

I'm so happy that it was relatively short-lived. I had (seriously) less than 90 degrees range of motion without some significant pain.

4 hours ago, mediaguy99 said:

Hey there, glad to see you posting a goal and whatnot.  I'll stick around and follow for the "usta'do" circus'y situation. 

I too am inordinately proud of you for eating salad for lunch twice this week.  I have a hard time these days eating salad at all.  At one point, if I didn't work out, salad was what I got for lunch.  Extra healthy too, since I don't like dressing.  These days I almost have to snigger at the thought of eating "just a salad".  So good for you.  Score one for Sylph!  

Welcome aboard! Did you get all moved into your house and everything?

I like dressing. And cheese. And hard-boiled eggs. So, my salads aren't the healthiest, but at least there are a few things that I toss in that are also in the vegetable category. ;)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sylph said:

Hope that improves soon! Maybe the happy hour will help :D

18 hours ago, sylph said:

I like dressing. And cheese. And hard-boiled eggs. So, my salads aren't the healthiest, but at least there are a few things that I toss in that are also in the vegetable category. ;)

Meeee too, hahaha. But still! Lots of veggies no matter who else is riding along. ;) 

I brought a bunch of lettuce just shoved into a tupperware with a bunch of baby carrots mixed in for lunch today (pre-ride).  I have a turkey sandwich for after.  Does that count as a salad (the tupperware, not the sandwich)?

Are you moving your neck well again?

Keep doing the thing!

5 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Hope that improves soon! Maybe the happy hour will help :D

happy hour was good! A former colleague happened to be in town and she tagged along, which was great :)

1 hour ago, raptron said:

Meeee too, hahaha. But still! Lots of veggies no matter who else is riding along. ;) 

True, true. lettuce, spinach and broccoli have to count for something.

36 minutes ago, mediaguy99 said:

I brought a bunch of lettuce just shoved into a tupperware with a bunch of baby carrots mixed in for lunch today (pre-ride).  I have a turkey sandwich for after.  Does that count as a salad (the tupperware, not the sandwich)?

Are you moving your neck well again?

Keep doing the thing!

I have a very loose definition of 'salad' so I will say yes.

Neck is back up to normal ROM, hooray!

Salad Club goal for the day achieved! Another "do something" type workout is on the docket for the evening.

• Like 3

On 7/12/2019 at 4:22 AM, sylph said:

You know those days where everyone does their jobs, the whole team is on the same page and stuff just flows?

Booooo!   Hope everyone is able to find the right page and GET ON IT! :) 

No workouts this weekend, but house projects instead (think scrubbing all of the grout in the kitchen, dining room and front bathroom with a toothbrush) left me pretty worn out. Took a couple days of recovery.

I did do a meditation session using the Aware app yesterday, so that counts as something. I am currently eating my last entry in Salad Club and will hopefully get a workout in tonight.

• Like 2

Bravo on the house projects. It's so hard.  Do you ever just work out first thing in the AM?  Before the projects?  Anyway, way to go on "salad club" (whatevertheheck that is) and the Aware app.  I downloaded some body scanning guided meditations to give a try to.  

RL

17 hours ago, mediaguy99 said:

Bravo on the house projects. It's so hard.  Do you ever just work out first thing in the AM?  Before the projects?  Anyway, way to go on "salad club" (whatevertheheck that is) and the Aware app.  I downloaded some body scanning guided meditations to give a try to.  

RL

I would love to be a morning workout person. Unfortunately, hubs is a 'sleep in later than i do person' and the ability to move around iron plates without making a lot of noise is not a skill I've mastered yet, so while our gym is in the basement, morning workouts aren't a thing I can do on the regular.

And Salad Club is... I don't know where it came from, really. A few months ago a bunch of assassin-y types were all trying to eat more veg/salad and had it in their goals. Hence Salad Club. :)

• Like 1

Got a bit of a workout in last night with some DB bench and DB OHP. Dinner and a shower, and I promptly fell asleep on the couch until hubs woke me up to go to bed. heh.

• Like 2

Went to lunch with a colleague on Friday and had a SUPER DELICIOUS crab/avocado sandwich (with a wonderfully fresh salad on the side). Yum.

We had some wicked thunderstorms come through Friday and Saturday, lost power for a bit (thank goodness for generators) and so this afternoon I got out into the exceptionally humid soup of a day to clear some of the one million branches that had fallen into the driveway and yard. The 50-ish minutes that that took will qualify for my workout for the day. Ugh.

Came in, showered and had a sandwich, once I stopped sweating profusely. 

• Like 1

Went to lunch with a colleague on Friday and had a SUPER DELICIOUS crab/avocado sandwich (with a wonderfully fresh salad on the side). Yum.

YUMMM.

We had some wicked thunderstorms come through Friday and Saturday, lost power for a bit (thank goodness for generators) and so this afternoon I got out into the exceptionally humid soup of a day to clear some of the one million branches that had fallen into the driveway and yard. The 50-ish minutes that that took will qualify for my workout for the day. Ugh.

Phew, yes. Definitely a workout.