Leimanu...WILL...take starting photos, and measurements, and be OK

Leimanu

I have one goal for this challenge that I want to complete by the end of the month.

I will take starting photos and measurements and be OK with it.

I've been meaning to since the start of the year. I even worked with a NF coach for a couple months and only eventually got around to a few photos.  Never took measurements.

It's just so hard after taking the "before" photo only to gain lots and lots.

I keep trying because it's important. It feels like extra heavy clothing that I can't take off and the last 15lbs have affected how I move and think about myself. Yet, because of all that, the success story is going to be so good.

About my weight loss journey: I've been in the Rebellion since 2012 and lost 45lbs and was fit for about 15 minutes and then gained it all back plus more and I moved from cold upstate NY to sunny Florida and have worked on my depression and found out I was an emotional eater when I worked in social services for the last 4 years but now I'm studying for an MBA and work in the university's library part time and my company's fund development department part time and have been feeling a lot better since that change last April. Here's a picture of my cat.

Comet 2.jpg

• Like 4

<--<< Daughter of Artemis >>-->

Now for the proper challenge.

For fitness, I thankfully have a new healthy habits I'm maintaining and I'm a little tracking-out, so I want to keep scheduling fitness as a priority and work towards other lifestyles goals for July. I got Warrior Dash in Feb 2020, only 7 months away!

I love when a challenge starts with the start of a new month!

1. Fitness, theme song by the goddess Lizzo.

C25K, 2x/wk

- add it to Les Mills BodyPump that I've been hitting 2-3xwk.

2. Healthy eating

One new healthy habit, 7d/wk.

If I couldn't maintain a new daily habit, then it was too complicated and I have to simplify.

3. Camp NaNoWriMo for July

Instead of a work goal, I have a time goal. Work on creative writing projects 1hr/day

- book

- blog

4. SquareSpace

Whatever it looks like, launch blog "Roving Curiosity." Good deadlines are the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission.

July 16 - launch

July 20 - lunar landing

July 24 - splashdown

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Leimanu said:

I have one goal for this challenge that I want to complete by the end of the month.

Cool. Do you have a plan for getting to the point where you're okay with the photos and measures?

About my weight loss journey: I've been in the Rebellion since 2012 and lost 45lbs and was fit for about 15 minutes and then gained it all back plus more and I moved from cold upstate NY to sunny Florida and have worked on my depression and found out I was an emotional eater when I worked in social services for the last 4 years but now I'm studying for an MBA and work in the university's library part time and my company's fund development department part time and have been feeling a lot better since that change last April. Here's a picture of my cat.

Awesome that you're feeling better recently. I feel you about the weight regain. I have now come full circle and am just as heavy as I was in early 2017 when I decided to lose weight. I succeeded...just not permanently, apparently. 

Oh, that workout clothing is quite interesting. It doesn't look very breathable, though. Well, except for the, um, mesh leggings. Very large holes. 

Yay to writing and creative projects! So many writers here in the warrior's guild for some reason. 

• Haha 1

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

I wish that I had taken before photos.  I never did because I had been on the cycle of workout for a while, get distracted and quit, lose all of my gains, start working out again, etc.  I just didn't see the point because I figured I was going to be at the same place anyway in a few months.

However, at one point the workout thing stuck and I have been going for a bout 3 years now, and while I feel like I have made significant progress it would have been nice to have some before pics to compare against

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

On 6/26/2019 at 8:52 PM, Harriet said:

Cool. Do you have a plan for getting to the point where you're okay with the photos and measures?

...No.  No plan.

I've been working out regularly since Feb and even though no weight is lost there's been a little body composition change. Photographic proof that a small step every day gets you pretty far over time.

On 6/27/2019 at 11:11 AM, WhiteGhost said:

I wish that I had taken before photos.  I never did because I had been on the cycle of workout for a while, get distracted and quit, lose all of my gains, start working out again, etc.  I just didn't see the point because I figured I was going to be at the same place anyway in a few months.

However, at one point the workout thing stuck and I have been going for a bout 3 years now, and while I feel like I have made significant progress it would have been nice to have some before pics to compare against

SAME

• Like 2

I'mma go bujo on this challenge. I basically use a bullet journal to make a calendar every month and then ignore it until the next month. I just love making the spreads, though. I do that every month regularly :) 

I took some inspiration from other's health and tracking spreads. I also tried to make everyone incredibly simple. Basically, if I'm not able to do it every day, it's too complicated. So here's how I'll tracking exercise and movement:

No photo description available.

An official spot for the measurements.

I purposefully made the profile tiny since I don't expect too many updates.

No photo description available.

And tracing for Camp NaNoWriMo! My goal is to work an hour a day on creative writing projects. For every hour, I get to color in a book. Each shelf has a books for the days of the week in July. 

Image may contain: drawing

• Like 8

Following for all things Camp NaNo. :)

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29

23 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Ooooh following for all things BuJo!

And to support a fellow nerd in the body love and acceptance journey. It's a hard road to walk, but so far it's been worth it.

And congrats on the in-progress MBA - how much longer til graduation?

I think I"m finally getting the flow of Bujos and making tracking a thing I want to do. Coloring is essential!

Thanks :) I tried a couple times this past week to get photos, but I decided to go straight to breakfast. Almost.

I was just reviewing my courses. It's going to fast! I plan to graduate by Aug 2020, just one little year away. A lot of my courses are 8-week online classes, so they buzz by really fast! Thankfully I"'e learned a lot.

• Like 4

On 6/26/2019 at 4:14 PM, Leimanu said:

1. Fitness

C25K, 2x/wk

2. Healthy eating

4. SquareSpace

WEEK 1 UPDATE

1. C25k

I really wish I counted Week 0. Week 0 went so well. Unfortunately, except for a walk at lunch on Monday, no movement this week.

2. *sigh* forgot to do a healthy habit. Again, Week 0 went well but there was no tracking.

3. NaNoWriMo

YOOOOOOOOOOO I'M DOING SO GOOD HERE! I've worked a little bit everyday except July 4. I got some first drafts of content for the blog.

4. SquareSpace

I watched a webinar on how to set it up. Pretty cool.

Lessons learned:

The night before affects the success of the following day. Must set it up right: pack lunch, set coffee, sleep enough.

There is just something, I don't know, that feels still stuck. The Week 0 successes were pretty easy, almost established-habit easy, so what was with the low energy and binge eating of the later half of the week? It felt like an old familiar emotion, so I guess there's some inner work still to be done.

image.png.aeedbbf17712e607c988bbf972754999.png

Btw,  I heard that Mercury's in retrograde in July, so if you want an excuse for stuff, there you go.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

On 6/26/2019 at 2:50 PM, Leimanu said:

A lot of people really don't think about how important this can be to mentally seeing how you've changed.  I try to do this every now and then, but not too frequently.  In fact, I wish I did it a little more often in the past because it really can help to realize how far you've come. Also, it can be a motivator to try to keep yourself fit and not slip too far back.  (When you look at it and you say "whooooooaaaa man" it can be motiviation!)  

On 6/26/2019 at 2:50 PM, Leimanu said:

m studying for an MBA

MBAs for the win!  

• Like 1

"I can do this all day!" - Captain America

"You're much stronger than you think you are" - Superman

"I am Groot" - Groot.... I feel like this one really says it all

Never forget the "P" in PR stands for personal.  Encourage other people's accomplishments.

Previous challenges: 1st , 2nd  , 3rd  , 4th

On 6/26/2019 at 4:14 PM, Leimanu said:

C25K, 2x/wk

- add it to Les Mills BodyPump that I've been hitting 2-3xwk.

2. Healthy eating

One new healthy habit, 7d/wk.

If I couldn't maintain a new daily habit, then it was too complicated and I have to simplify.

Instead of a work goal, I have a time goal. Work on creative writing projects 1hr/day

- book

- blog

4. SquareSpace

Whatever it looks like, launch blog "Roving Curiosity." Good deadlines are the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission.

July 16 - launch

July 20 - lunar landing

July 24 - splashdown

Yoooooo, I thought this challenge ended last week!  I <3 NF, and I already can't wait for the next one. July was so amazing. Not crushing-challenge-goals amazing; just summertime coolness.

Challenge Recap

I was great the first two weeks and then wandered off.

1. c25k

I made it to week 4, and I will have to repeat Week 4. Getting tuckered out because I ran for 5 minutes is embarrassing.

Lesson learned: As long as I got an amazing playlist, I'm gtg and enjoying the app.

2. Health eating

Lesson learned: keep on simplifyin'....

3. Camp NaNoWriMo

I hit it with a solid week of content creation. Lots of ideas and starts for blog posts.  

Lesson learned: remember how you wrote almost every morning, first thing, for 3 months? Incense & coffee? Remember that.

4. SquareSpace

I started the free trial and worked on it for about 3 days, but something wasn't jiving.

The girl who doesn't know how to code is considering WordPress.org. It seems like the most flexible options for the long-term. I want to make something of this blog and I feel I can contribute and help others with it.

Lesson learned:  In the meantime, keep on writin'...

Super cool life update: I got a grad assistant position in the Communications department (& fund raising dept) at my university. Super sucks that I have to leave the library which I adore, and now I have a job I can't do homework at, but the position has a lot more of what I want to do professionally.

See the source image....but not NF :) 

• Like 5

You made it!

giphy.gif

I was worried you dissappeared. AND it sounds like you did awesome.

• Like 1

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%