Snowkc Gets Back to Basics

snowkc

Late Week 3 Wrap Up!

1. Do something active every day, preferably for 30 minutes.  Not 100%, but doing pretty well at this! Between swimming and sneaking away to the office gym, this is going well. I've also done a few lazy stretch sessions, which I'm counting for this challenge. So the only day I didn't do anything was Sunday--recovering from a good friend's wedding festivities. Although, I think we danced past midnight, so maybe I can count that for Sunday...

giphy.gif

2. Say no to something at work.  Literally, just saying no once, and I'll be happy for the challenge. Nothing to add here, but I only had to get one! Because usually it's more like this: 
giphy.gif

3. Sleep 7 hours per night, 6 days per week. So much fail. Getting closer to 5-6 during the week and 7 on the weekends. With one big 8.5 night thrown in there. Not great. But, I do think I'm sleeping better with no alcohol. Even though I'm not getting the 7 hours, I'm not feeling nearly as tired as I should on a 5-6 hour night. So... that's still progress?

giphy.gif

4. Drink 10+ cups of water, 6 days per week.  Doing well on this one, again, partly because of a big water bottle at work and partly because no booze.

5. Bonus Goal: Dry July.  Winning. And starting to see the benefits. I'm sleeping better, which was one of my main goals.  But I'm starting to notice other things too. On day 20, I got complimented on my skin, which was neat (and unexpected). Also, in the last year or two, the "chicken skin" on my arms has gotten way worse. I blamed the hard water at our new house. But in the last day or two, I think I've noticed that it's getting better.  So that's pretty cool! 

I'm pretty proud of myself for not drinking during my friend's wedding festivities (including a bachelorette party). giphy.gif

But it was awesome to enjoy all of the fun and festivities (I was part of the crew dancing until the very end), and still be able to drive myself home and wake up the next day fresh as a daisy to do it all again. I'm sure it was very irritating.

giphy.gif

• Like 5
1 hour ago, snowkc said:

I'm pretty proud of myself for not drinking during my friend's wedding festivities (including a bachelorette party).

As well you should be. Well done.

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27

Challenge Wrap Up:

1. Do something active every day, preferably for 30 minutes.  Overall success! Not really doing any kind of intelligent programming, but I'm back in the habit of doing something almost every day. So mission accomplished.

2. Say no to something at work.  Literally, just saying no once, and I'll be happy for the challenge. Just the one. But I'm counting it.

3. Sleep 7 hours per night, 6 days per week. Fail. But getting better quality sleep, so not as tragic as it could have been. Still need to get better with time management.

4. Drink 10+ cups of water, 6 days per week. Generally pretty strong on this. A couple of days where I stopped paying attention, but usually good.

5. Bonus Goal: Dry July.  Very successful. No booze this month. I lost 3-4 lbs without much effort, my skin cleared up, and I'm sleeping better. It's one of those times where it's a shame when doing healthy things, you know, works.  Oh well. I think I'm going to keep it going for 90 or 100 days to see if my skin will continue to clear up and some weight to come off.  After that, I may reconsider, but I don't want to undo all the good tee totaling did in the last 30 days just yet. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, snowkc said:

Challenge Wrap Up:

1. Do something active every day, preferably for 30 minutes.  Overall success! Not really doing any kind of intelligent programming, but I'm back in the habit of doing something almost every day. So mission accomplished.

2. Say no to something at work.  Literally, just saying no once, and I'll be happy for the challenge. Just the one. But I'm counting it.

3. Sleep 7 hours per night, 6 days per week. Fail. But getting better quality sleep, so not as tragic as it could have been. Still need to get better with time management.

4. Drink 10+ cups of water, 6 days per week. Generally pretty strong on this. A couple of days where I stopped paying attention, but usually good.

5. Bonus Goal: Dry July.  Very successful. No booze this month. I lost 3-4 lbs without much effort, my skin cleared up, and I'm sleeping better. It's one of those times where it's a shame when doing healthy things, you know, works.  Oh well. I think I'm going to keep it going for 90 or 100 days to see if my skin will continue to clear up and some weight to come off.  After that, I may reconsider, but I don't want to undo all the good tee totaling did in the last 30 days just yet. 

Huh, the weight loss and better skin sound like awesome results. Excellent job being active! Programming can come whenever you're ready. 

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.