Elastigirl

No real creative ideas for a theme this time.  Just keep doing what I'm doing

Health/food

Pray before meals

Think about my fullness when I eat

track food on MFP as a tool, unless I don't

I may do a deficit, then again I may not, still deciding on that

Fitness:

Right now I am working on crow presses, which is a progression to the floating crow. I would like to achieve that

Also doing ring work, and some kettlebell work, and lots of walking, because I love it

Life:

start every day with prayer and Bible

working on Mari Kondoing my house; goals for this month are the guest bedroom, and all the bathrooms 

Also going to start photo booking my actual pictures. I've  been scrapbooking my digital pictures, but I have tons of pictures that  are just in boxes. I'm buying photobooks and going to give all the photos a home

• Like 14

Wisdom 18   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Crow press practice; The idea being to be in the crow, then lower yourself down, then go back up

• Like 7

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Sounds like a great plan for the month!

My partner and I just moved in and the Mari Kondoing has been real! We're lucky to have a very active "Buy Nothing" group for our neighbourhood where we can give things away. Good luck with your purge.

Following for inspiration

• Like 1

XELAC HEARTSEEKER, Ranger of the North

Half-Elf Ranger Level 1

STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 1 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | INT 1

Previous Challenges: 1 |

Ideals

Grow: Personally. Body, Mind, Spirit, and Heart. - Empower: Those within my circle - Create: The world I want to live in. - Enjoy: My life. - Nurture: Relationships

5 hours ago, annyshay said:

Here for the usual awesome!

Glad to see you again!

1 hour ago, Fonzico said:

Following along for consistency inspiration!

Hey there!

6 minutes ago, Xelac_Heartseeker said:

Sounds like a great plan for the month!

My partner and I just moved in and the Mari Kondoing has been real! We're lucky to have a very active "Buy Nothing" group for our neighbourhood where we can give things away. Good luck with your purge.

Following for inspiration

Part of the reason we need to get rid of stuff is that it has been 20 years since we moved into our house. It's amazing how much stuff we have accumulated. I think we have a by nothing group for our neighborhood, I should check

• Like 1

Following!

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

On 6/27/2019 at 10:56 AM, Moros said:

Following!  The crow progression is really awesome.

Waving hello, and thanks!

21 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following!

Yay glad to see you.

Insert beginning of challenge ramblings and musing here:

I decided this week to take a break from tracking food. Which is creating all sorts of intense feels. One, when I don't track , I feel like just letting my inner toddler run free, and eating whatever I want. Not sure why that happens. When I track on maintenance, I am pretty low key about my tracking, not being overly exact,  and I am eating enough. Then there is the worry that I will gain weight. I am at a happy weight now, but pretty close to where I start feeling too fluffy, so I feel like there is no margin for  letting loose. Which is why I want to lose about 5 more pounds. Which is a good enough plan. My worry is that once I get to that weight, I will still tell myself I have to be super careful, or I will gain it back. I need to put more trust in myself. I've maintained weight for a long time. I like healthy food, I like to work out. I guess I am afraid that I will just overeat. Which is not entirely an unfounded truth, it is fairly easy for me as a 50 ish year old woman to gain  belly weight. I like the weight I am at, but I also like food,- a lot. I'd like to eat more treats than I do now. I'd like to have a chocolate milkshake with fries every week, and not have to worry about gaining weight. Somehow I need to find that balance, letting myself indulge on occasion, and then eating less on others. Watching my weight, but not being worried about it. For this week anyway, I am not tracking food, but I do still pay attention to portion sizes and hunger cues. End of ramble

Here is my training log

yesterday
crow practice
leg circuit: goblet;single leg deadlift roll to pistol, jump squat
Last evening the arch of my foot started hurting it is almost better today. However, any time I add in the roll to pistol this seems to happen. No other single leg work causes it, or even the jump squats. Maybe my ankle muscles are strong enough but my foot tendon isn’t? Not sure, maybe I will try roll to double leg squat with a light kettlebell, or just reverse pistols.

Today
warm up
kettlebell swings 20 and 25#
crow practice; holds and presses
5 x circuit
pull ups : Did these on the ring today! I was waiting to do these on the ring as I felt I need to work on the bar a bit more, but today I did some step up from bench to negative and felt strong. I forgot how much I enjoy ring pull ups!
push up

reverse row
dip; some full some partial

3 x circuit
top position; first toes on ground, other off ground
plank, first longer, second RTO. last a mix of both
lounge chair stretch

• Like 4

On 6/28/2019 at 3:47 PM, Elastigirl said:

I like the weight I am at, but I also like food,- a lot. I'd like to eat more treats than I do now. I'd like to have a chocolate milkshake with fries every week, and not have to worry about gaining weight. Somehow I need to find that balance, letting myself indulge on occasion, and then eating less on others. Watching my weight, but not being worried about it.

When you find the answer to this conundrum, bottle it up and market it and you will be a billionaire please share it with your lovely Ranger friends.  ;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

SKY ELVENWORD

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 44

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

2021 Books in Progress:

How We Love (82%)  |  Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (60%)  |  Pilgrim's Progress (32%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  | What Did You Expect? (36%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%) 

2021 Books Completed:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets  |  Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban  |  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire   |  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix  |  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  |  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows  |  Lady Windermere's Fan 

Following~

I almost got a crow pose the other day, yay for crow-inspo’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

When you find the answer to this conundrum, bottle it up and market it and you will be a billionaire please share it with your lovely Ranger friends.  ;) 

LOL, I know right?

On 6/30/2019 at 7:44 AM, Lightning said:

Following for the crow, walking and scrapbooking!  I want to make an album and frame some photos from my trip to Ireland but I keep putting it off.  Maybe you'll inspire me to set some time aside for that.

Thanks!   I got one of those phot hangers, where you can hang several pictures, for our Disneyland trip, and it makes me so happy

11 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Following~

I almost got a crow pose the other day, yay for crow-inspo’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yay, and thanks

• Like 2

Lovely summer weekend:

Went on a walk on Saturday with hubby. Then we had friends over for dinner, games, and chatting. We lit up our outdoor firepit and fixed s'mores. Yum.  I always feel like eat some more:smile-new: but kept my intake to two, one would have been ideal, but two is decent.

Then Sunday was church, and then dancing in the afternoon. Followed by dinner  with some people from church. Salmon, roasted veggies, and ice cream for desert. We sat at on the back deck for dinner, their backyard is lovely, and we had lots of  good chatting, and laughter.

I didn't track food last week, and was a lot more relaxed. It felt good. Today I decided to track food. I am trying to go a bit under on calories, but we are eating dinner out with my sister, so we shall see how it goes. I've looked at the menu, and they do have some yummy salads, so I think I will have a salad

• Like 6

Such a good weekend! And you rock this challenge!

Then Sunday was church, and then dancing in the afternoon. Followed by dinner  with some people from church.

Read this and thought: is this my post? So often my Sundays are like that in winter (reversed: crochet, dancing, mass, dinner with my church friends)
I miss the fact that my community stops during summer but glad yours doesn't!

Have a lovely week
  • Like 2

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

1 hour ago, Diadhuit said:

Such a good weekend! And you rock this challenge!

Read this and thought: is this my post? So often my Sundays are like that in winter (reversed: crochet, dancing, mass, dinner with my church friends)
I miss the fact that my community stops during summer but glad yours doesn't!

Have a lovely week

It is nice. We have a little less activities, but some stuff we still keep up. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I didn't track food last week, and was a lot more relaxed. It felt good. Today I decided to track food. I am trying to go a bit under on calories, but we are eating dinner out with my sister, so we shall see how it goes. I've looked at the menu, and they do have some yummy salads, so I think I will have a salad

Did the same and it was a nice break.  Also planning to track and keep myself just a little under but eating out is tricky.  It's nice that salads always sound so good this time of year.  And salads are ALWAYS better when someone else makes it.

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

In order to have more treats but still be careful- would maybe a weekly calorie goal help you? if for maintenance you need 1500 then eat 1300 on regular days and then put the 200 in a sort of saving pot for when you want chocolate milk shake with fries and still stay in your weekly budget? to give you some peace of mind? 

• Like 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

19 hours ago, NicTheRugger said:

Following! I like that you have a healthy mix of goals in different areas. I'll be cheering you on!

Hey there, glad to see you and thanks!

3 hours ago, GoodDoug said:

As always, I like your simple goals. I am also really proud of your crow progression. 

Thanks

4 hours ago, KB Girl said:

In order to have more treats but still be careful- would maybe a weekly calorie goal help you? if for maintenance you need 1500 then eat 1300 on regular days and then put the 200 in a sort of saving pot for when you want chocolate milk shake with fries and still stay in your weekly budget? to give you some peace of mind? 

Clever idea

8 hours ago, Lightning said:

Did the same and it was a nice break.  Also planning to track and keep myself just a little under but eating out is tricky.  It's nice that salads always sound so good this time of year.  And salads are ALWAYS better when someone else makes it.

See, I don't really like restaurant salads. I usually think my salads are better. That said, the lettuce in this salad was very fresh tasting, and I had it with prawns which were delicious. But, it seems like salads in restaurant are 90% lettuce, with a smattering of protein and other things. I like to fill mine at home with carrots, radishes, cucumbers, tomatoes, an all sorts of goodies. And salads do sound good this time of year. It is much easier for me to eat lighter in the summer, I love all the fresh veggies

• Like 4

Tracked food.Walked twice today, 15,00 steps

Training log:

yesterday

DId some general warm up
Then I practiced falling face forward. I was a bit awkward, not sure if I’m doing it right. I’ll re watch the tutorial and play with it some more

Crow practice: Struggled today. I was in shorts, and it just seemed super hard, my arms kept slipping. I guess I’ll work out in my leggings next time

kettlebell swings 15# 50 swings no rest

3 x circuit_ I’m trying out what I did for kettlebell lthe method that I did for my kettlebell workouts, which was waving the difficulty, Monday 3x circuit, Wednesday 4x, and Friday 5x

push up- knee ,strong, worked on full movement
plank- some RTO, strong
dip - a couple full, rest toes on ground
top hold-strong
rest
3 x
ring pull ups, negatives
wrist stretch
lounge chair

today:

practice falling forward
crow training; holds and presses; much improved today; I actually felt like I was able to open up my hips a bit more and sink my crow down

kettlebell swings with 15# ; about 70
4 circuits
goblet 25 #/25#/30#/ 35# about 5-7 reps
single leg deadlift 20#/25#/30#/30# balance is much improved
kb swings 20# ; worked on timing of the swing, about `100 reps
frog stretch
wrist stretches

• Like 8