Elastigirl: Just keep plugging along

Elastigirl

8 hours ago, KB Girl said:

With those planks and pushups you should definitely join the mini challenge :)

I missed it. I will look at that thanks

• Like 1

Wisdom 18   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

13 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

today:

practice falling forward

What kind of fall are you learning? Just asking because when I did aikido we did a lot of falling practice and I really enjoyed it. And it's super useful in life.

Edit: A more accurate way of asking this would be...what kind of landing are you practicing with a forward fall?

• Like 3
On 7/3/2019 at 3:46 AM, NicTheRugger said:

What a great workout!

Thanks

On 7/3/2019 at 9:37 AM, foxinthenorth said:

What kind of fall are you learning? Just asking because when I did aikido we did a lot of falling practice and I really enjoyed it. And it's super useful in life.

Edit: A more accurate way of asking this would be...what kind of landing are you practicing with a forward fall?

Yes, I suppose it is the landing that is important.:smile-new:See my answer below in reply to Lightning

15 hours ago, Lightning said:

Workout sounds great. And also curious about the falling forward. I did some falling/roll combo when I was messing around with parkour. Wondering if it’s similar.

Thanks. No it isn't a roll. It's a tutorial from GMB (surprise:friendly_wink:) More on how to catch yourself in a fall, and where to place your hands

1 hour ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

Hallo! *waving*

Sorry I'm late.

Nice going with your workouts! It is super impressive, as usual. I'm going to catch up on the rest of your challenge now ;)

Hey there, no worries, I hope you enjoyed your mini holiday. I saw the pic's on facebook. Looks like you guys were having fun

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

Thanks. No it isn't a roll. It's a tutorial from GMB (surprise:friendly_wink:) More on how to catch yourself in a fall, and where to place your hands

Hey, thanks for the link.  I know several people who could benefit from this video - including me :)

• Like 3

Rebooting Ranger and Legionary

"Only a Dead Legionary Gives Up" - Day of the Starwind

"It always seems bad at first, but then I find a way" - Samurai Jack

22 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Hey there, no worries, I hope you enjoyed your mini holiday. I saw the pic's on facebook. Looks like you guys were having fun

Yes, thank you. The outings were really fun. I loved the toboggan ride: quick, a little bit scary when shaken from side to side, but all in all great fun.

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

On 7/4/2019 at 12:53 PM, Moros said:

Hey, thanks for the link.  I know several people who could benefit from this video - including me :)

Your are welcome.  I so need it. I'm always tripping

On 7/4/2019 at 1:55 PM, KB Girl said:

So much love for GMB.

I know, right?!

• Like 1

Hmm, not sure when I updated last

Fourth of July we went on a nice, easy hike. We slept in and didn't have time to geocache because we were going to a friends. The hike was in a conservation area nearby. Nice woods, alder trees and a few evergreens.   A few rolling hills, but mostly flat. We walked about 5 miles. Came home, and we fixed a giant green salad, with lettuce from our garden. Went to friends for a barbecue, then we went to see the city fireworks.

The next day hubby had off, so we went out to lunch at the marina. I had the most amazing salad- full of shrimp and crab. Then we walked along the marina, even though it was really actually fairly cold for July (we are still waiting for summer weather here)

Saturday was game day. And I worked out with kettlebells.

End of last week I didn't track food on MFP, and I don't think I will this week either. Next week I am going to go on a deficit, so this week I am relaxing things a bit as far as food.

• Like 8

On 7/7/2019 at 12:35 AM, Elastigirl said:

Your are welcome.  I so need it. I'm always tripping

I think you may have meant that in a different way then some other people might think :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Rebooting Ranger and Legionary

"Only a Dead Legionary Gives Up" - Day of the Starwind

"It always seems bad at first, but then I find a way" - Samurai Jack

37 minutes ago, Moros said:

I think you may have meant that in a different way then some other people might think :)

What I don't mean:https://giphy.com/gifs/trippin-6megzONKn3eJa/fullscreen

giphy.gif

I do mean:

1245860857-c0bc59837b7b7c18ce9d3e9ad8bdc

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Yesterday I spent  a good deal of the day sorting photos. I had about 10 years worth of photos. I had a drawer full of photos, a file box and another small box of photos. I was really daunted at first by the amount of photos. Tempted to just shove them back in the drawer and make my son deal with them in 40 years when I die.:friendly_wink: Decided to just start sorting, tossing photos that were no good, duplicates, or that didn't bring me joy. Turned out a lot of the photos I already had put in other scrapbooks (saved the duplicate because....?) Or just had duplicates of a lot of photos. So I narrowed the piles down a bunch just by doing that. Today I am going to try and sort by year. Some may just be guesses, because I apparently didn't believe in labellling.B) I do know why Mari Kondo has you start with non sentimental things first and then go to sentimental. If I had done the photos first, it would have been harder for me to dump them (as evidenced by my previous saving of duplicates that I had already put in books) Now I have the mindset " I want to save the best photos so that we will have a book to look at that will bring us joy"

Also looking at the photos , I realize how much weight I've lost, and how much healthier I look. Which is great, and makes me proud. The downside is, at the time I didn't realize I was gaining weight. And we really were eating pretty healthy. Which is some of why I am afraid I am going to gain weight. I'm worried that if I don't keep an eye on it, that I will gain weight. However, I  wasn't ner as active then. And there probably is a balance between not paying attention and fussing if I gain two pounds. Also, all my clothes fit, so if I gain weight , I know it( I like these dear diary conversations, they help me work it all out:friendly_wink:)

Also worked out yesterday. Changed my ring workout to superset instead of circuit.Crow practice, and went for a walk

My workout now looks like this

All on the rings

negative ring pull ups

knee push up

dips

tuck hold

reverse row

top position hold

• Like 11

On 6/26/2019 at 11:10 PM, Elastigirl said:

Crow press practice; The idea being to be in the crow, then lower yourself down, then go back up

On 7/2/2019 at 10:03 PM, Elastigirl said:

I guess I’ll work out in my leggings next time

Heyyyyyyyyy, I know those leggings! ;) 

We need to send you some more :D. I've decided that on my off days, I'm going to practice crows. It's low impact and won't interfere with anything...it'll just help get me stronger! You're doing great. Keep it up, EG!

Wolf

• Like 5

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

2 hours ago, SheriffWolfpool said:

Heyyyyyyyyy, I know those leggings! ;) 

We need to send you some more :D. I've decided that on my off days, I'm going to practice crows. It's low impact and won't interfere with anything...it'll just help get me stronger! You're doing great. Keep it up, EG!

Wolf

I still love them!  Crows are great for off day practice.They build strength and balance. I'm slowly working my way to doing a floating crow

1 hour ago, TGP said:

thats for quoting that wolf, I missed it

wow- Elastigirl!

you've made good progress with the crow. GJ!

I feel like my life is possibly taking a strange detour. First I'm tripping and now it sounds like sometimes I'm working out naked part of the time? B)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Hey EG! I'm just popping up to say hi :) I'm sort of back! By which I mean, no challenge this time, but I'm going to be trying to reconnect with you amazing people. Oh, and, shameless plug, I'm also running a 30 day Daily Dare PvP if you're interested...  :D 

• Like 1

Rangers Gonna Ranger

Current Challenge: The Adventures of Rhovaniel: Vol I

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25

2021 Quests:

Run 3 Laps of Oblivion| Run and Complete Man vs Lakes | Achieve a full pull up| Achieve 10+ unbroken push ups| Write 90,000+ words of a novel (0/90,000)| Read at least 20 books (4/20)

18 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

it sounds like sometimes I'm working out naked part of the time?

Wait, you only work out naked part of the time? Am I doing it wrong?

• Haha 7

level 10 Half Ogre Ranger

Healers Brigade

1st  | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th | 16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | 22nd | 23rd | 24th | 25th | 26th | 27th

Current

On 7/10/2019 at 5:26 PM, NicTheRugger said:

That ring workout looks awesome! Keep up the great work :D 

Thanks

8 hours ago, Lightning said:

Crow looks great and so do you!  I understand the fear about gaining weight, but the fact that you are paying attention means it won't get out of hand.  Plus, you are so active I'm sure you will walk it right off!

As far as being active, well I can use that sometimes as an excuse to overeat, but for the most part, I think I'm fine. But you are right, I am paying attention, so it isn't going to happen. And I am way more active than I used to be.

• Like 2

Had friends over to work on scrapbooking. I put tons of pictures into my photo album. My goal is to have them all in this week. This makes me feel so good. I had photos from the year 2000 that I had not done anything with.  After my friends left, I put on my weighted vest and went for a walk. Then I came home and did  crow practice, kb swing, kb Turkish Get Ups and finished with walking lunges. Then I  had some gluten free dairy free pizza for dinner. I also had some celery stick. Truth, I feel a bit overfull. It is so hard to stop with pizza! But it is a nice treat on occasion

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Had friends over to work on scrapbooking. I put tons of pictures into my photo album. My goal is to have them all in this week. This makes me feel so good. I had photos from the year 2000 that I had not done anything with.  After my friends left, I put on my weighted vest and went for a walk. Then I came home and did  crow practice, kb swing, kb Turkish Get Ups and finished with walking lunges. Then I  had some gluten free dairy free pizza for dinner. I also had some celery stick. Truth, I feel a bit overfull. It is so hard to stop with pizza! But it is a nice treat on occasion

For some reason this just feels like a super hero’s alter ego to me. Scrapbooking with friends by day, but once they’re gone and you’re alone, training to take on evildoers everywhere :P 

Seriously though, sounds like a good day. 

• Like 5

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava