Elastigirl: Just keep plugging along

Elastigirl

On 7/9/2019 at 9:56 PM, Elastigirl said:

Also looking at the photos , I realize how much weight I've lost, and how much healthier I look. Which is great, and makes me proud. The downside is, at the time I didn't realize I was gaining weight. And we really were eating pretty healthy. Which is some of why I am afraid I am going to gain weight. I'm worried that if I don't keep an eye on it, that I will gain weight. However, I  wasn't ner as active then. And there probably is a balance between not paying attention and fussing if I gain two pounds. Also, all my clothes fit, so if I gain weight , I know it( I like these dear diary conversations, they help me work it all out:friendly_wink:)

You should be proud! Quite the amazing transformation :)

And working things out with or without help from others is really amazing about NF <3

• Like 2

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

15 hours ago, jstanlick said:

For some reason this just feels like a super hero’s alter ego to me. Scrapbooking with friends by day, but once they’re gone and you’re alone, training to take on evildoers everywhere :P 

Seriously though, sounds like a good day. 

I like it! I actually kind of feel like that. My friends are all these wonderful sweet gals, but most of them think 5# is a heavy weight. 

• Like 3

Wisdom 18   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

9 hours ago, KB Girl said:

You should be proud! Quite the amazing transformation :)

And working things out with or without help from others is really amazing about NF <3

Thanks.  NF is amazing. Part of the reason I am able to work it out before people even post is because people have posted so many encouraging things, that now I am able to internalize them and say them when I am struggling .

• Like 3

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Guys, we had an earthquake last night! Like 4.6, so nothing even slightly damaged. It was so funny, I woke up suddenly and thought  ," That was an earthquake" but the house was so still and nothing happened, that I second guessed myself and decided I'd just had a dream and something else woke me up. It wasn't until morning that  I figured out we really did have an earthquake.

• Like 7

17 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Guys, we had an earthquake last night! Like 4.6, so nothing even slightly damaged. It was so funny, I woke up suddenly and thought  ," That was an earthquake" but the house was so still and nothing happened, that I second guessed myself and decided I'd just had a dream and something else woke me up. It wasn't until morning that  I figured out we really did have an earthquake.

Glad it wasn't 'serious' or huge and that nothing was damaged, or you hurt.

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

That happen to me quite often, I even had few earthquake dreams, to discover only after that was a real one. But for really small ones (4 or less) and usually far.
The two slightly bigger ones I experienced were during the day, neither had any damage in my area.
Where I am from had a bigger one (6 I think?) long before I was born, but the fear got passed down to me as it really created big distruction. So be safe!!
  • Like 1

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

1 hour ago, Diadhuit said:

That happen to me quite often, I even had few earthquake dreams, to discover only after that was a real one. But for really small ones (4 or less) and usually far.
The two slightly bigger ones I experienced were during the day, neither had any damage in my area.
Where I am from had a bigger one (6 I think?) long before I was born, but the fear got passed down to me as it really created big distruction. So be safe!!

The news is always talking about how we are going to have a big earthquake. And I have dreamed that we had one before, so when I woke up and felt nothing, it seemed like it was a safe bet. Our news is always talking about how we are supposed to have a huge one (like 9) and that just overwhelms me and so I just don't even pay attention. I mean, if our whole neighborhood looks like  a doomsday scenario movie, there's probably not a way I can prepare for that. But I should get some supplies and be prepared for a few days without outside help

• Like 5

it never hurts to be a little prepared

as for all the HYPED up media.  yeah.  I really don't think that helps!

I think the idea is that we need big, bold threats to do modest things (as Americans), but , in part, this is exactly WHY we need big bold threats!

there's not enough big picture, objective, and dispassionate information in news these days.

the only place for right place for hype is HERE on resistence as we all do our best to be the athletic, lean and means BEASTS we were meant to be....

anyways. glad to see your ok.  

• Like 1

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

13 hours ago, TGP said:

it never hurts to be a little prepared

as for all the HYPED up media.  yeah.  I really don't think that helps!

I think the idea is that we need big, bold threats to do modest things (as Americans), but , in part, this is exactly WHY we need big bold threats!

there's not enough big picture, objective, and dispassionate information in news these days.

the only place for right place for hype is HERE on resistence as we all do our best to be the athletic, lean and means BEASTS we were meant to be....

anyways. glad to see your ok.  

I think all the hype does the opposite of the desired outcome of people being prepared. Newcasters should have to take lessons in how to talk like they are from Minnesota, and maybe  we'd all listen more:friendly_wink:

• Like 1

DId amazing on my photo album project. Sorted photos, threw away a  bunch (gasp!) and put 8 years worth of photos in albums. I only have a bit more to do. My husband was away on business, which is why I was able to focus so much on the project. I took it as a sort of planned vacation, where I had as much time as I wanted to focus on my project. Didn't track meals, or plan meals, ate a bunch of leftover and some frozen pizza. I usually had veggies, but didn't stress if I didn't. It was a nice vacation from routine.

This week,  I want to get back into MFP planning. I 'm eating at about maintenance calories, only I am not adding back in my calories burned while walking. I might in the next weeks eat more of a deficit, but I'll start there for now.

• Like 7

On 7/12/2019 at 1:09 PM, Elastigirl said:

*gasp* either this is quite the coincidence or you live in the same state as my parents! They didn’t feel it. :P 

21 hours ago, foxinthenorth said:

*gasp* either this is quite the coincidence or you live in the same state as my parents! They didn’t feel it. :P 

I live in Washington state

Training log

I don't have the daily dares listed, but I have been doing those. And walking. Today I also cut some Dahlia's from our yard, to make a pretty flower arrangement. And ha some fresh Kale from the garden.

On Sunday my elbow was slightly sore, So Monday’s workout I decided to ease up on the pull ups. Instead of doing both pull ups and reverse rows I just did pull ups.

warm up
crow practice- did only one set of presses, stopped before I was tired (to be gentle on my elbow)

4 rounds of each super set : do superset 4 x then move on to the next
dip- strong
tuck hold- focused on sitting up straight

pull up (only three rounds)
plank hold

knee push up- focused on keeping hands to side straight body
top position hold-squeeze legs together

wrist stretches

today
crow presses and hold- tried just raising and lowering my rms, not sure if I’m doing it right, I need to re-watch the tuturoial

5 circuits
jump squat- a little weak feeling
single leg deadlift 25 # (30 last set) first one wobbly, the rest solid
double leg roll to squat with 15# kettlebell -worked on planting feet firmly and not caving legs in

wrist stretch

• Like 7

On 7/13/2019 at 9:02 PM, Elastigirl said:

Our news is always talking about how we are supposed to have a huge one (like 9) and that just overwhelms me and so I just don't even pay attention.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d2f5a4f3136574673

• Like 2

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

15 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

That's an impressive amount of work you did! :loyal:

Thanks

• Like 1

Morning started off not so good. Today is the day my friends come over for prayer. The plan is to have the dishwasher emptied and counter cleaned before they get here. I did do my Bible reading, but then was on computer while I ate breakfast, and I let it suck my in with it's awful time warp powers, and didn't get to the kitchen. After they left though, first thing I did was the kitchen. Then I worked out.

On Amazon Prime Day, I did buy the Air fryer. I'm excited to play with it and make some yummy food. I also bought a mortar and pestle. Mr. Incredible brought back some whole spices from India, so I bought the mortar and pestle , and will try cooking some Indian food.

I finished my re-read of The Lord of the Ring trilogy. I still love it. Every time I read those books, I find more reason to love them. And now I am reading a Christian book, You Who, Why You Matter and How to Deal with it by Rachel Jankovic. It is really good reading. Talking about how and why we need to find our identity in God. 

I've been tracking with MFP, about at a 250 calorie deficit. Basically, going for a walk and not counting the calories. It's rainy today so it may not be as much of a deficit. And we have our family church camp this weekend, so it won't happen then either.  I'd gained a small amount of weight the last couple weeks, and this is just to sort of get me warmed up to lose weight next week.

• Like 7

I'm in the middle of my annual LOTR re-read. It never gets old. Do you read the appendices?

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

8 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm in the middle of my annual LOTR re-read. It never gets old. Do you read the appendices?

I read some of them. The Kindle highlights them, so sometimes I would go through and read them. I didn't just read them straight through though. I should read it annually. It's been over 5 years since the last time, which is way too long.

• Like 1

I love re-reading lotr. Especially by audio book. Mr and I listened to the audiobooks as we drove around New Zealand on our honeymoon, so in addition to being excellent books read well, they have an added layer of warm and fuzzy memories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I am really excited to hear about your adventures with the air-fryer.  I really want one but I'm concerned I won't use enough, even though I have heard so many great things about it. 

Had to look up double leg roll with squat!  Never heard of that combo before. Wow!

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

17 hours ago, NicTheRugger said:

What a great workout! Glad to hear that you had a nice time at your Bible group. Keep up the good work!

Thanks

11 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

I love re-reading lotr. Especially by audio book. Mr and I listened to the audiobooks as we drove around New Zealand on our honeymoon, so in addition to being excellent books read well, they have an added layer of warm and fuzzy memories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never listened to it on audiobook before. That would be fun to listen to on a long car trip. Same with me as far as memories. One of my favorite memories is when my husband read it to me and son and me

4 hours ago, Lightning said:

I am really excited to hear about your adventures with the air-fryer.  I really want one but I'm concerned I won't use enough, even though I have heard so many great things about it. 

Had to look up double leg roll with squat!  Never heard of that combo before. Wow!

I've wanted one for a while, but I was wondering if I would use it enough. I got some birthday money, and so I thought it would be fun even if I don't use it very often.

One of my KB books had the double leg roll with squat. GMB has a double leg roll, or a single leg into pistol. I can do the single leg roll into pistol, but then afterwards my instep arch of my foot is sore. So I thought this might be a midway progression

I have read (much) of that series of book.  I agree that it it Kindred... but

it was simply too much for me.

there is one of the ten books (4?) that is significantly harder to read.  I think it delves deeply in the aes sedai

as I remember it.

*less black and white than LOTR

* a much more complicated plot; 3 Main characters with intricate and seperate Plot!

* some of it is rather dark.  LOTR generally doesn't linger much in the mind of those who descend into treachery or madness (sarumen/Deneathor)
* you don't get quite the same idea of built mythology/languages/culture.  Instead it seemed more than wheel of time explored pychology- explore the ideas of insanity, masochism/etc. 

idk perhaps I should try to read it again??

I heard that they are working on a film.  if recent films are any indication: I feel very sad for lovers of that book.

there is a good chance some scriptwriter will come and mess up the deep plot of their fav book!

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....