• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Yasha92

Yasha isn’t perfect

But she’s back!

Dis my goals. As you can see, I was planning to start in zero week. It’s still technically zero week for two more days so I’m not drawing up a new page.

8b85ed89e673bf0c809a7c6285f11f82.jpg

Today is Saturday, I did 10k+ steps and my Auslan word of the day is “Apple”. I did dishes and folding but not wiping surfaces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Yay!! I'm glad you're back, Yasha . Following!

Wolf

It’s good to be back!!!

Doom was one of the first video games I remember watching. I was too young to play, but sometimes I would sneak in and watch my Dad play it when Mum wasn’t home to tell me it was too scary XD

Glad to see you back! I missed you. 

Happy to be back! I missed NF and it’s good to know I can always come back home to the rangers ^_^

Missed you yasha, glad you are back xx

Yay Sal! Good to see you!

• Like 2

Today is Saturday (not sure why I thought yesterday was Saturday, but yay additional day of the weekend!)

Did 11k steps. I think some of those steps are a lie, because I was filing my nails when the tracker buzzed to let me know I hit ten thousand XD

Went to the gym, had a good session. Am tracking the actual numbers (best I can... I can’t remember what weight kettlebell I was using today for KB deadlifts) in a notebook. Gave myself a sticker on the calendar as well as in the book I’m writing my NF goals in. I deserve stickers.

DnD in the evening and we played late, a good game, a ‘bomb’ made of a keg of gunpowder, angelic battle rams, hand to hand combat with the devil minions of a major wizard. Good stuff.

Today’s Auslan word was “ambulance”, also I looked up “banana” since I bought bananas in the shop today not apples.

Big pre-DnD clean and ticked off the weekly chores that are my responsibility.

a3f4d91962889c04fae66e132787b7b1.jpg

e782df52e8b25775078509ae6e527364.jpg

• Like 1

My Fitbit will often track it as steps when   I am stirring something. But then some times it doesn't count it when I just walk a few steos somewhere, so I figure it counts even. It also counts steps when I am weeding, which I totally take credit for.:smile-new:

• Like 1

Heard back from the trainer regarding the weights I couldn’t remember, and as well as what I wrote above I managed 4x squats at 60kg, and the kettlebells I was using were 16kg in each hand for the kB deadlifts.

• Like 2

Sunday, the last day before starting the challenge proper.

Today’s Auslan word is “aeroplane”. It’s thumb and pinky out, zooming across like an aeroplane. I like this word.

I only got about 3000 steps today, had an online game I forgot about so didn’t take enough steps before the game started, then after the game finished I was suffering really bad stomach cramps (too much water? Shouldn’t have dipped my banana in Nutella? Sat funny and smooshed my guts? Too much abs at the gym yesterday? Who knows?) so didn’t move around much today.

Updated my resume and emailed it to myself. I have a job application ready to go, should be able to submit it tomorrow.

Did some chores but not all of my list. Did fold and put away the laundry which is always my bugbear.

I am going to get a standing desk tomorrow so I am excited for that, especially seeing as I am doing a step challenge for work and certain number of minutes at a standing desk counts for steps. Keen to start building some good habits this challenge. Would be nice to drop a few kilos too haha.

• Like 3

squats at 60 is brill!! xx

Thank you! My goal on the board for squats is 70, so not that far away, and 60 wasn’t a grinder.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Yasha92 said:

Thank you! My goal on the board for squats is 70, so not that far away, and 60 wasn’t a grinder.

You can definitely get there :D excited to see you reach the goal!! x

• Like 1

Monday, July 1.

I got to work a bit early to set up my standing desk. It looks pretty cool to me. Apparently it looks pretty cool to others too, because after I had set it up at least three other people asked our admin assistant if they could have one too (which now means I have to dig up the old medical certificates about my back because even though it was gathering dust in storage for someone to actually use if there is meant to be a reason). A little self conscious about it, because it means I am not as invisible as I tend to like to be, but if the trade off is health I’m down for it. I did a half-and-half, standing in the morning, sitting in the afternoon. Apparently for the work step challenge it is ten steps per min of using a standing desk. Given that I used it for four hours that’s like 2400 bonus steps!

Speaking of steps, clocked in 12thousand true steps today (before the bonus is applied). Partly because I played soccer in lunch, partly because of the standing desk I think.

I did my daily chores (wash dishes, wipe bench, check the mail) and as well called and spoke to the telecom people to arrange a refund of an overpayment which is 100% a chore. I hate calling and talking to the telecom people, but I think I got it sorted (have to wait 3-5 business days to see if the refund comes thru before I’ll know). I have spent more time on trying to get this sorted than the refund is worth at my hourly rate, but it’s the principle of the thing!

Today’s Auslan word was “Aunty”. I didn’t like that word, so I took the next word “baby”, which is a rocking motion with the arms, palms on top of each other.

Oh yeah, and I submitted that job application which I had written up. Two more close tomorrow which I am thinking of putting in for. All contracts though, nothing permanent.

56329fa5a68b700ba9dede5c2809e620.jpg

• Like 3

Do you have a friend who is deaf? What sparked your interest in learning to speak it? Why don't you like the term Aunty? 

• Like 1

Do you have a friend who is deaf? What sparked your interest in learning to speak it? Why don't you like the term Aunty? 

When I was a kid my cousins and I started learning, but never became fluent. I think I had a deaf friend when I was 5, which is what triggered the initial learning. Then I forgot pretty much everything I learned. Until about a month ago when I saw a Dad and daughter learning on the bus. I was able to introduce myself and ask her name from across the bus and it blew her mind. That warm fuzzy feeling decided me, that I would start learning again.

I don’t like the sign for Aunty because it is three taps of the thumbs together and I feel like it should be two XD

• Like 2

Tuesday, wow what a day.

Auslan~ my word of the day was Auslan. Which was hella helpful because I decided to throw myself in the deep end and go to an Auslan meetup. Nothing like thirty people talking in silence to teach you some new words! I learned(ish) “learning, certificate, TAFE, deaf society, how long?, maybe, soon, nice to meet you, Phoenix, what’s the sign for? Forgot, days, months, 2016, this year, prefer, do you smoke? Tired” plus a whoooole bunch more that I have already forgotten. I expect I will forget most of these words too, but it was good to be immersed. My favourite of the night would be “slower, no, slooooower!” It was hard but I think I did ok. There was a girl there who looked after me, her name was Elly. When she went for a smoke I went home (other people were going home and we had been there for an hour so I wasn’t being rude) and she chased after me to hug me goodbye so I think we are friends now (that’s how it works right, extroverts?). She added me on Facebook so yah.

10k steps~ a little over 12 thousand, plus four hours of standing desk and 45mins of yoga in lunch, so many bonus points! I was only just going to hit 10k (legit got the notification that I crossed 10k as I came up the house stairs) but we blew a light bulb and had to go get another one. The fuse keeps blowing when we turn back on that light (even with the new bulb) so clearly something is janky. I’ll email the real estate tomorrow.

Chores~ haven’t done dishes etc because all the lights won’t turn on.

Resume and PPD ~ applies for another role tonight before going to Auslan. Didn’t put quite as much effort into it as I would have liked, but I was in a bit of a rush. If I were successful in this one it would be a contract until early 2020. Still nothing permanent advertised. I’d rather have a few interviews under my belt before the role I am currently in comes up for permanent appointment, plus it would be really nice to have a backup. Ideally I’d just get this one in a permanent capacity (since the lady who’s parental leave I am covering is not coming back to this role), but the application hasn’t even gone up yet (I thought it was going up inMay) and HR paperwork takes forever around here, so better safe than sorry.

• Like 3

Wednesday ~

Auslan, I keep going back over ‘nice to meet you’. I also practiced my abc’s as I was walking to the bus stop.

10k, walked 13 thou steps, plus did three and a half hours on the standing desk.

• Like 2

Thursday~

I got a callback/phone interview about one of the jobs I applied for. Apparently I am on the short list, so that’s cool. Have to wait and see if I get called in for an in person interview. The role does sound interesting, but I’m not sure I’d want to give up everything I’ve spent a year working for with my current team. Still, it never hurts to have options, and interview practice is always a good thing. Otherwise a somewhat uninteresting day, got a bit of work done, modified the plan for peak a bit (release of results is Wednesday next week and I expect approx 200 enquiries on the first day), had a meeting or two and left work at 4 to go to uni and work on my assessment task. Worked on it for a couple (2.5) hours then caught the train home. Now that Ive started the assessment I feel a bit more confident about it. It’s due on Tuesday next week.

Auslan: oops, missed learning a new word today.

10 thousand steps- yep, clocked in just over 13 thousand and it was pouring rain today so I was sure I wasn’t going to hit the mark. One of my meetings was on the other side of campus which helped, and I got off a couple bus stops early on my way to uni in the afternoon.

UFYH, yep, washed the dishes, wiped the surfaces, checked for mail. Also posted my hair (yurp), a chore which has been on my to-do list for a couple months since the buzz cut.

• Like 2

Friyay ~

Worked, then mister and I went to the gym together. Proper update in the morning.

• Like 3

Saturday~

Got up early to be available for the electrician to come in and fix the light fitting. While he was here I got him to fix the light above the oven as well which has been broken for months so that was a win. Then I spent a couple hours doing an assessment task which is due on Tuesday. I got a fair way through it which is good, I am meeting my group member tomorrow to go through it and make sure it is all ready to go. I only just scraped a pass in the midsession exam for this subject so I really need a good mark in this report. I tend to get the urge to clean the house really aggressively whenever I am meant to be doing an assessment task (procrasticleaning), so I set myself a timer and superset my assessment and my cleaning for alternating 45mins with 15min breaks for about five and a half hours. Pretty much all my monthly and weekly chores (as well as the dailies) got done, just a few stragglers to finish off tomorrow. Then we had DnD and blew up the huge bombs on the wizards castle’s walls. He is not happy and sent an illusion to scold us. Our rogue got shock-wave blasted a mile away, but we found him and patched him up again.

Chores~ heck yes

10thousand steps~ paced the hallway for the last 200 steps to cross the line. One (just one) of my glutes is super tight from lifting yesterday (woo, 80kg for one rep!) so I was glad to scrape over the line. I ate like an absolute trashbin though, could not stop ploughing through all sorts of snacks on the table, even after drinking 5 litres of water and making myself a delicious dinner (tofu and stir fried veg on noodles) I was just hoeing down chips and cookies and cherries and anything else that came within grabbing reach. It was weird.

Auslan~ I finger-spelled a few words, but didn’t learn any new ones.

Plastic free July~ in terms of the ‘big 4’ (plastic drinking bottles, straws, plastic cutlery, plastic bags) I have done ok-ish. I used a plastic fork for birthday cake on Friday without thinking (I washed it up and put it back in the drawer, so at least it will be used minimum twice), I bought an iced tea which I thought was in a glass bottle which was actually in a plastic bottle, and Mr ordered me a McFlurry which came with a plastic spoon. I have been noticing how much plastic is on eeeeeverything though, which is what it’s really all about.

• Like 5

Sunday ~ my group member was sick, so worked on assessment myself and watched a lot of YouTube. Did some laundry (not folded yet) and submitted my tax return on top of my daily chores. Drank a loooooot of water (I’ve been using a new drink bottle which has rubber bands on it that you move up once you’ve drank one bottle etc. and it is quite motivating). Did groceries with Mr and made him many teas because he is suffering the DOMS like crazy. Did also chuckle a bit at him because I’m a big meanie and he is a T-rex.

Auslan ~ today’s word is “bed”. I’m ready for it.

10k steps ~ I am writing this update pacing the hallway trying to cross that line. Apparently our house is thirty paces long. (Made it).

Chores~ yep. I always forget how much easier it is to tidy up when I am doing a little each day. Today I was extra proud of myself because instead of waiting for Mr to put yesterday’s dry dishes away (his half of the process) when I was ready to do dishes I just put those away and got to it, rather than wasting time grumbling about the place wishing he knew that I wanted him to do them on my time schedule or interrupting him to ask him to do them. It is still his chore, and I don’t intend to make a habit of it, but it was a noteable difference in attitude.

• Like 2

Monday~ worked, finished my assessment, picked up my meds, fought the urge to buy junk food as a reward for finishing my assessment.

Chores~ dish drainer was still full of clean dishes so didn’t wash any dishes. Did check the mail.

Auslan ~ no new words today, all my brain is used up on assessment

Steps~ I remember it buzzing to say over 10thousand steps as I was walking to get my meds but it is on charge so no exact numbers.

• Like 3

Tuesday~ went to class, I couldn’t figure out why I was so darn tired- I was up late submitting the assessment, but not THAT late. Finally figured out at about 10 that I hadn’t had a coffee which was making me a zombie. Borrowed a mug from the kitchenette at uni and went and bought a plastic free coffee. Then at lunch they had ordered soup for us (because it is the City Central campus with a lot of high profile international students they like to spoil us with stuff like that and I have no shame in benefitting from it as a domestic student) and the caterers brought a mug library with them so we could have plastic free soup! It was a beautiful day and I took a walk by the harbour in lunch. All good stuff. Was going to go to the Auslan meetup, but decided to come home and spend the time with Mr instead (I think we are going to start the new season of stranger things).

95574f08a3ac63be7298bdec7b2405d1.jpg

04dc7bf6f4b9f7167f395a70faf807ce.jpg

Walking- yep, a bit over 11,000 steps

Chores- washed the dishes, wiped the surfaces, checked the mail. There is a basket of folding waiting for me, which I will get to eventually.

Auslan- I didn’t learn any new words today, but as I was deciding to come home instead of going to the meetup I was thinking about what the signs are for “I’m tired, I’m going to bed”.

• Like 2