Lightning cleans her mind palace

Lightning

Week 2 Days 2&3

Strict Tracking:  Tuesday was great, Wednesday was not and today isn't so good either.  I let stress get the better of me.  I'll reign it in for the rest of today and pull it together for the rest of the week.  I keep thinking I'm over eating but the scale is holding pretty steady with the same 1 pound flux. Don't want to press my luck though.

Exercise 3x a week: Did 3 sets of deep squats, 3 sets of tricep push-ups, 3 "sets" of bear crawls up and down my living room and then 4 sets of the traveling frog move. I like to incorporate these animal flow moves because I feel like they hit upon and lot of muscles. 

Medicine/Supplements: All good here.   

Stop biting my nails: Took of the gel nails and was going to put new ones on but I have a tiny bit of natural nail now.  I decided to put a heavy top coat on the natural nails and see how I do.  I haven't felt like biting them at all.  I did catch myself twice, but it's always when I'm deep in thought.  The feeling of the nail polish was enough to alert me and I stopped before doing any damage.

Floor sitting: Missed one.  I'll be sure to remember tonight. 

Mind Palace: After talking to our Librarian I feel very confident about what I should be doing.  I've practiced quite a bit and really think I've put together a great storytime and found room to be creative despite the structure I have to follow.  I'm also doing well remembering the basics of the dewey decimal system and where to find books.  We had a patron come in that wanted books on France and the Louvre.  I knew to take her to the 900's (specifically around 914-917) for travel info and then to the 800's for art.  And right now I can picture exactly where those sections are in the library!  Getting better!

• Like 4

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

A couple of great days. I love animal flow workouts. 

• Like 1

Wisdom 15.5   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 14  Constitution-11

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Week 2 Wrap Up

Strict Tracking:  Had two really off days and then started to pull it together. It was a weird week and I didn't adjust very well.  This week has started off better.

Exercise 3x a week: Easily got in 3 workouts plus a day of dancing and bouncing at an all-day concert.

Medicine/Supplements: Missed a day.  

Stop biting my nails: Doing GREAT!

Floor sitting: More like stretching.  The floor sitting turns into stretching but I can't see why that shouldn't count.  Opening up my hips is the point of this task anyway.

Mind Palace: Not much to say here...

• Like 4

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

Week 3 Day 1

Strict Tracking:  Tracked in my head which isn't how I'm supposed to do that but it worked.  

Exercise 3x a week: I'm going to struggle with this one this week.  Too much going on but I'll work getting my head right and hopefully that will show me that I really do have the time.

Medicine/Supplements: Okay. 

Stop biting my nails: Still great.

Floor sitting: N/A

Mind Palace: So, got a new cat yesterday.  She is about 15 months old and has some weird anxieties.  I'm kind of stressed about acclimating her and that is taking over my mind.  I'm going to make a list of what we need to be doing to help her get comfortable (she is SUPER clingy) and picture everything going smoothly. I think if I do a brain dump onto paper it will help me sort my thoughts/concerns.  And a little positive imagery sounds like a good idea too.

• Like 2

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

52 minutes ago, Lightning said:

So, got a new cat yesterday.  She is about 15 months old and has some weird anxieties.  I'm kind of stressed about acclimating her and that is taking over my mind.  I'm going to make a list of what we need to be doing to help her get comfortable (she is SUPER clingy) and picture everything going smoothly. I think if I do a brain dump onto paper it will help me sort my thoughts/concerns.  And a little positive imagery sounds like a good idea too.

5a91eb37c7f87.image_-720x480.jpg 

Sounds like week 2 was a pretty solid win. You're way over majority on all the goals and sounds like the healthy nails are becoming a habit. Here's to a similarly solid week 3; the brain dump does sound useful. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Manarelle the Level 55 Amazon Assassin

Gryffindarling and Sith Acolyte, somehow.

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

1 hour ago, Lightning said:

: More like stretching.  The floor sitting turns into stretching but I can't see why that shouldn't count.  Opening up my hips is the point of this task anyway.

Very much counts!! The only drawback I see is if you think you have to stretch and all you want to do is sit , so you put it off. Just saying that because sometimes that's how my brain works, where I start of doing something like that, and suddenly my brain says I have to do it that way or it doesn't count, and then I drop the first thing I was doing.B)

• Like 2

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

I agree that stretching totally counts for floor sitting.  I have actually copied you on this and have implemented a floor sitting policy.  For me it hasn't turned into stretching - more like lounging :D 

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26Nerevarine [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I agree that stretching totally counts for floor sitting.  I have actually copied you on this and have implemented a floor sitting policy.  For me it hasn't turned into stretching - more like lounging :D 

22 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Very much counts!! The only drawback I see is if you think you have to stretch and all you want to do is sit , so you put it off. Just saying that because sometimes that's how my brain works, where I start of doing something like that, and suddenly my brain says I have to do it that way or it doesn't count, and then I drop the first thing I was doing.B)

Thanks!  I definitely prefer the stretch to the sitting so it's actually the other way around.  I start to stretch then tell myself I have to sit.  Took me a few times to realize I should just do what feels good since that was the whole point. 

23 hours ago, Manarelle said:

5a91eb37c7f87.image_-720x480.jpg 

Sounds like week 2 was a pretty solid win. You're way over majority on all the goals and sounds like the healthy nails are becoming a habit. Here's to a similarly solid week 3; the brain dump does sound useful. 

We have a cat cafe that does Yoga one Sunday a month.  I really want to try it. 

• Like 4

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

Just posting because I'm proud of myself! 

1. My anxiety was really, REALLY coming on strong and I managed to get through work and then turned my anxiety into action.  And...

2. AND I did a crow pose.  For reals.  Only a couple of seconds but it was solid and I was able to replicate it.  I think the floor sitting and stretching has helped.  I can get into a deep squat and it makes it easier for me to find the right position for my legs.

• Like 5

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

Woot!!!   Double win! 

• Thanks 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26Nerevarine [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Woot! I agree,  stretching the hips really helps with the crow

• Thanks 1

Week 3 Day 2

Strict Tracking:  Good!  I'm actually back down to 135 so I'm doing something right. 

Exercise 3x a week: Got in a lame one yesterday.  I'll take it though.  Some yoga, crow practice and tricep dips. 

Medicine/Supplements: Good.

Stop biting my nails: Bought some clear gel to strengthen my nails.  Should be a fun thing to do this weekend.

Floor sitting: Sat down on the floor with the new kitty. :cat:

Mind Palace: Noticed that I had trouble with recall at work yesterday so I'm going to put some time into this today.

67147555_10214425352528568_3784233867041

• Like 4

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

3 hours ago, Lightning said:

Floor sitting: Sat down on the floor with the new kitty. :cat:

Aw, your kitty is adorable. Grats on the food tracking milepost, and while lame workouts are annoying from a tracking pov, hey, you still did it. Nice work.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 5:02 PM, Lightning said:

Just posting because I'm proud of myself! 

1. My anxiety was really, REALLY coming on strong and I managed to get through work and then turned my anxiety into action.  And...

2. AND I did a crow pose.  For reals.  Only a couple of seconds but it was solid and I was able to replicate it.  I think the floor sitting and stretching has helped.  I can get into a deep squat and it makes it easier for me to find the right position for my legs.

Woot! Woot! Great going.

New Kitty will come along as soon as she feels safe and has made the place her own. In the meantime you are doing great!

Have you chosen a new ring yet for when you win the nails challenge ;)

• Like 1

Mrs.Van Starting from Scratch 🦸  👱‍♀️

On 7/19/2019 at 12:30 PM, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

Woot! Woot! Great going.

New Kitty will come along as soon as she feels safe and has made the place her own. In the meantime you are doing great!

Have you chosen a new ring yet for when you win the nails challenge ;)

The annual Irish Festival is in 2 weeks. I’ll be sure to get a ring there!

• Like 2

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

Week 3 Day 3-5

Strict Tracking:  Shark Week. I always give myself a day or two off when it comes to food. Went back to tracking yesterday. 

Exercise 3x a week: DH and I traded in our fancy, but oldish, bikes for new ones. Took a ride today. 

Medicine/Supplements: Good.

Stop biting my nails: Good. 

Floor sitting: Lots!

Mind Palace: Not much. I lost momentum on this. I’ll look to finish strong week 4. 

• Like 3

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

Now I get it...

I've been stressed about my daughter's health.  Won't go into specifics because she is an adult and I don't want to share her story.  But, it all came to the surface yesterday and I ended up binge-eating like it was my job.  Even though eating to cope with stress is not a habit I want to indulge I also knew exactly what I was doing and just let it go.  I feel SO much better today and ready to shake off the stress and just get on with things.

• Like 2

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

5 hours ago, Lightning said:

Now I get it...

I've been stressed about my daughter's health.  Won't go into specifics because she is an adult and I don't want to share her story.  But, it all came to the surface yesterday and I ended up binge-eating like it was my job.  Even though eating to cope with stress is not a habit I want to indulge I also knew exactly what I was doing and just let it go.  I feel SO much better today and ready to shake off the stress and just get on with things.

So sorry to hear, and praying for your daughter (and you).

• Like 1

Mrs.Van Starting from Scratch 🦸  👱‍♀️

On 7/22/2019 at 8:44 AM, Lightning said:

Now I get it...

Oof. Best of wishes to your daughter, but nice to make that connection and set it aside. Hope week 4 is treating you well.

Tracking:  Strict tracking is becoming mindful eating. I’m not sure why but I feel like I’m managing it well. I’ve been eating freely, weighing myself to stay accountable and  tracking a couple days a week for further accountability. 

Exercise 3x a week: 1 decent workout. Going to ride my bike today. 

Medicine/Supplements: Good here. Missed one day.

Stop biting my nails: Fantastic!

Floor sitting: Meh. I’m doing okay but let this slip. Working on it as I type this. 

Mind Palace: Pretty good here. When I shelve books or straighten up I’m trying to make a mental picture of where certain subjects are located. Also took some pictures so I can remind myself what call number goes with the topic I’m working on. 

• Like 2

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

Got sick. About halfway through my shift at work I felt it coming on. Finished my day then I was down for the rest of the weekend. Last night I was able to eat again, which was lovely. 

So, not the ending I wanted but overall I’m happy with the challenge. 

Don’t know if I’ll do the next challenge. I need to decide if this format still provides the extra push I’m looking for. If I do decide to join the next one I know it will be late since I have a big family weekend coming up. I’ll figure it out next week. 

Best if luck to everyone one in their next endeavor!

• Like 3

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

Boo for ending with not feeling well. Hope the recovery continues. 

7 hours ago, Lightning said:

I need to decide if this format still provides the extra push I’m looking for. If I do decide to join the next one I know it will be late since I have a big family weekend coming up. I’ll figure it out next week. 

It's all about finding what works for you. Do what you need to do, but know we're here even if you want to just chat. Good luck with the family weekend.