Scalyfreak vs. Stress Hydra, Round 1

Scaly Freak

Stay sane: Workout three times per week, minimum.

This has not been done. Exhaustion and a lack of time has led to prioritizing other things. I will attempt to remedy this next week, but for the first part of my visit, this has not been high priority.

Stay calm: Meditate every day

Insight Timer's Sleep category has saved me from jetlag-induced insomnia. Due to the unusual office hours I have arrived back at the hotel right after midnight, and spend the next 90-120 minutes or so unwinding and settling down, with calm music and reading. Then I listen to one of the guided meditations for sleep, and I have no idea how any of them ends, since I tend to fall asleep before they do. Meditation is a sanity saver. :)

Prioritize victory: Victory is defined as finishing this project in a better state of mind than the battle with Stress-Monster left me with last year. 

This has, so far, been going well. I feel a little sad and awkward at the notion that I have holed up in my hotel room for the almost all of Saturday so far, but I am too tired to do any sightseeing or shopping, and staying well rested must take priority. It makes me a little sad though, but I hope to have time tomorrow to at least visit a nearby shopping mall and a museum. Sadly, I need to put in a few hours of work today and by the time that is done, there will be no time for fun and games. :(

• Like 4

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29

Short drive-by update:

I successfully returned home. I have been meditating. I have been working on my Camp NaNo project.

Further details to come... at some point later.

• Like 5

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29

Stay sane: Workout three times per week, minimum.

Um, yeah, no. The fact the hotel "gym" was so tiny that when there were five of us in there we got in each others' way, was probably a factor. Fail on this one. I also have not worked out at a gym since I got home, but I blame jet lag for that. It really messes things up.

Stay calm: Meditate every day

Yep. Did it, until I got home. Then I skipped meditating on the weekend, and started doing it on week mornings again. Therapist says meditation is critical for my state of mind if I'm not going to go to the gym (and acknowledged I have good reason not to go to the gym with all the stuff that's going on), so I need to keep doing it. I agree, so I'll keep this up.

Prioritize victory: Victory is defined as finishing this project in a better state of mind than the battle with Stress-Monster left me with last year. 

Win. Complete win. I feel good about this one.

On toward new challenges!

• Like 3

Book Riot Challenge 2021

10 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

This is an excellent outcome. It's good to have two stress battling tools, and very good that the meditation helped so much.

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

10 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

Nice!  

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11