One of my challenges this month is food tracking so I can see what changes need to be made. I'm gonna drop details here.

Yesterday I ate the last of my kiwi cucumber bowls with about 1/2 cup of that damn yogurt. I accidentally bought vanilla (i prefer plain) and need to use that tub up.

Next was 3 banana besan crepes with cream cheese, blueberries and syrup. I snuck an egg in there and my stomach was cool with that.

Lunch was made up of half a tomato sammich with cheese, a lentil and veg jar (I premake stuff and toss it in bowls and jars), and for dessert I had two spoonfulls of peanut butter with two caramels (I love those two together).

I skipped my 4th eat time because I didn't have it in me to eat. My poor neglected fruit bowl. 

Dinner was a baked tofu steak and the last of my lentil veg jars. The dip sauce I made for that was gross. Heh. So I grabbed the soy sauce. Note to self... The other sauce is way better. 

My calories were about 1350 (I think... I made the lentil veg jars before I decided to count nutrition info so hopefully I remembered correctly what I put in there), about 62g fat, 125g carbs, and 78ish for protein. 

I would have liked to hit 1500 calories minimum, and perhaps 1900 max. My appetite was just not there yesterday. I shunned fruit then ice cream later when my daughter dropped by to see if I wanted to go grab some with her at the shop. 

But all in all, I'm alright with yesterday and food. But I was surprised by how low the calorie count was. I would have guessed it to be higher by a couple hundred. 

Gosh, I will need to follow you for some good plant-based fitness food ideas! :) All sound so good!

Fingers cross for you, I have never be able to keep logging my daily intake... I have tried it though, many times, but I always forgot at a certain point!

I also think that your intake was way too low, I think you could be much less strict on taking some more legumes, maybe you could add some oats!

Thank you. Are you a vegetarian, vegan, or just someone who likes to switch up foods? 

Yeah, I'm hoping I'll make it the month with the food logs. I never write recipies, so I'm thinking of making these things into a recipe book for myself. Maybe that will help keep me going with it. Or help me get ideas about how to modify things to get more out of them. 

I'm hoping the low cal doesn't turn out to be a trend with me. I'm not good with that being the normal... I'll do something if it is, for certain.

Otay today's food consisted of.. 

Cottage cheese and broccoli. I have no idea why I like it, but I really do. 

Next I almost killed last night's neglected fruit bowl. Some kiwi, strawberries, and cantaloupe. Yum. Then there was half a peanut butter sandwich.

Then I ate two of the remaining banana besan crepes with cream cheese and blueberries and a lil syrup. 

I made a spiced chick pea/green pea bowl and tossed in roasted garlic, onion, and cauliflower. It turned out good so I ate half of it. I had planned on it being 4 servings but whatever. Heh. 

I had a little more cantaloupe and strawberries. Finished the last bit of the morning bowl... 

Dinner wad falafal and a side of the chick pea cauliflower bowl. I went chick pea nuts today. 

My totals ended in 1415ish calories, about 49g fat, 205g carbs, 57g protein. I still want my calories higher, but it's better than yesterday and I will take that.

Oh and liquids (forget yesterday) I had 4 cups of black coffee and filled the water bottle 3 times. 

On 7/2/2019 at 3:04 AM, Elizabit said:

Thank you. Are you a vegetarian, vegan, or just someone who likes to switch up foods? 

Yeah, I'm hoping I'll make it the month with the food logs. I never write recipies, so I'm thinking of making these things into a recipe book for myself. Maybe that will help keep me going with it. Or help me get ideas about how to modify things to get more out of them. 

I'm hoping the low cal doesn't turn out to be a trend with me. I'm not good with that being the normal... I'll do something if it is, for certain.

I am omnivorous, but I am being highly affected by vegans' results, so now I am experimenting with placing the emphasis on plants and only eating a tiny bit of animal protein every day. So I have eaten quite a lot of grains and legumes lately, and it seems to work out so far! Seeing vegan bodybuilders prevail is very inspiring to me!

Writing a recipe book is a good idea, especially that it can help you a lot in being consistent!

I think you should eat more protein too, definitely. Adding some seitan or supplements could be a good choice too.