• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Toshimi

Toshimi does stuff

Realizing I need to figure out a sustainable plan, mostly with food. Didn't realize how much everything was helping until it all fell apart the last 2 weeks. Need to find the balance of staying on track to feel better, but how to deal with some of the cravings. Going to go back to really strict on the food then have some more control of how I reintroduce things and what can I add without doing all the things, the only thing I've added that I feel like I do okay with is potatoes. Rice is for sure a no go. 

Food:

• Take supplements 4 times a day
  • no added sugar. no more than 1 serving a fruit a day. Sugar replacements (swerve/monk-fruit) only 2 x a week. 
  • Week 1- stick to strict food plan. Week 2-4 play with adding things in as able to. 
  • Drink the water! minimum 80 oz per day

Physical:

• Trigger point ball/Foam roller/stretching at least 3 x a week. 
  • Do some sort of extra moment 2 x a week.

Mental:

• spend 10 mins a day cleaning Monday-Thursday 
  • Go to bed by 10 pm Sunday- Thursday nights
  • Set alarm and get up at 6 am. 
  •  

Stuff to do this challenge:

• Review where we are with taxes for the year. 
  • Hem curtains for crafting room
  • Finish painting in master bath
  • Get Trello chores list done
  • Re-stack firewood
  • Get glucose meter & figure out schedule for checking it. 
  • Find a therapist that is accepting new patients 

Neat! I'm with you on the need to expand the palate. The world gets interesting when your tastes go beyond sweet. :)

Not doing so great with the no added sugar but working on it. I started testing my blood sugar levels yesterday. Should be interesting to see. the goal is to track at least twice a day. Once first thing in the morning and once 1-2 hours after a meal.

I did do most of the menu planning for the month, so that's been going decently.

Took the dog on a nice long walk the other day, and then used moving bags of mulch as my other workout. Stretching so far has been the easiest. Working on reading through some of the made strong workout stuff since I want to start doing that at least once a week.

Bedtime and wake ups going alright. Had to be at work early every day this week so was up before 6. We'll see how next week goes with going back to normal schedule

I think I'm modifying the mental portion a little. Be in bed by 10 on work nights. and using my panda planner.

It's more structured than bullet journaling and I've never really given it a full go. Filled out the month view for the most part. A few more areas to finish. Weekly  is done other than my "things I will do to make this week great" and "top 5 goals for the week"

I think this will help me with a morning/evening routine. Should only take 10 mins for each but would be nice to have something to start and finish the day. Today was a huge drag getting out of bed though. Hopping that as I get back to a more normal schedule it will be better. 

I've been looking into what options I have for getting back into martial arts training. Right now I"m a little torn between 2 options. 1- I found out the person who was my teacher most the time at the Kung Fu place is now teaching out of his house. or 2- going back to the Jujitsu place I went to years ago. I loved the kung fu style I was doing, but not sure about only doing 1 on 1 lessons, it was nice being able to work with other people as well. the Jujitsu- the times aren't ideal, but I think they could be doable. 

Goal is to make a decision by the end of the month and get started by next month. I have realized lately how much I miss some of it. 

So between now and then it's also how can I best prepare myself for getting back into it injury free. Knee has been a little iffy so need to start focusing on it some more with the stretching and strength. Back to wearing running shoes as daily shoes since I think that wearing cute shoes might be contributing to it being a little funky. 

On day 4 of taking blood glucose readings. The next few days I'm going to be doing it more than once a day ( I have a dr apt on the 11th) so I'd like some good data to go into that with. Over all the finger sticks have not been as bad as I thought. 

over all things going pretty okay. 

• Like 2

Have you had a chance to watch a class at the jujitsu place? The people involved may have changed if it has been several years. Since training with a variety of people is one of your reasons for going there, it would be good to see what they are like.

• Like 1