Respawn: Tolsi's resurrection

giphy.gif 

Two years since my last visit?! Oops.

Time to start over! Back to square 1 :)

Me in a nutshell: I am a 27-year-old rugby enthusiast. A lot of good things happened in the past year: I obtained my thesis in October, started my first serious (office) job the same month, moved cities in January (back to my favourite city). Of course, this had some consequences: since moving, my rugbyteam was too far for me to travel up and down there three times a week. I didn't play rugby that much and I  didn't visit my gym as much as I should have - with this new life having a big impact on me and my routine, I decided to focus on work and a new life first before focusing on everything around it. This break from sports is clearly showing now: I feel unfit and gained about 10 kgs. Not too affected by it (as I knew it was a temporary thing), but I've had enough and would like to get back into shape!

My aim: to be fit before the rugby season kicks off again in September.

I'm focusing on three things:

1. Fitness (cardio, HIIT)

2. Diet

3. Strength (core + legs)

4 Week Structure

Week 1. Back in the Saddle pt I.
a. step 1: back to the gym!

b. make a diet plan

c. make a 4 week work-out plan

Week 2. Second gear.

a) gym on Mon, Wed, Fri

b) bring a healthy lunch + snack  to work 3x

Week 3. Sticking with it.

a) gym on Mon, Wed, Fri

b) bring a healthy lunch + snack to work 3x

4. Kicking it up a notch: HIIT!

a) gym on Mon, Wed, Fri

b) bring a healthy lunch + snack to work 3x

Specifics are coming later this weekend.

Look forward to the coming four weeks!

• Like 1

Welcome back, and congrats on the thesis (Phd? Master?)! I like your plan. What kind of stuff do you do in the gym? 

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

6 hours ago, Harriet said:

Welcome back, and congrats on the thesis (Phd? Master?)! I like your plan. What kind of stuff do you do in the gym? 

Thank you! It's good to be back :) I see I wrote thesis instead of master - I studied  Communication science.

Re gym: I went to a crossfit-ish gym for a few months and am now attending a 'regular' gym (a lot more affordable + right around the corner, so no excuse not to go). My routines are mostly based on what I learned at the CF gym and I'm a big fan of weight lifting and HIIT - the combination is perfect for rugby too. 

• Like 1
On 7/5/2019 at 8:01 PM, Tolsimir said:

4 Week Structure

Week 1. Back in the Saddle pt I.
a. step 1: back to the gym!

b. make a diet plan

c. make a 4 week work-out plan

1.b: today I bought carrots, chickpeas and sweet potatoes, tomorrow I'll prep my work lunches.

Made a gorgeous quiche for dinner tonight. 

Body is very sore after yesterday - great to feel this way again! Back to the gym tomorrow :) 

• Like 1
On 7/6/2019 at 2:27 PM, Tolsimir said:

Thank you! It's good to be back :) I see I wrote thesis instead of master - I studied  Communication science.

Re gym: I went to a crossfit-ish gym for a few months and am now attending a 'regular' gym (a lot more affordable + right around the corner, so no excuse not to go). My routines are mostly based on what I learned at the CF gym and I'm a big fan of weight lifting and HIIT - the combination is perfect for rugby too. 

Ah, cool. Are you going to get back to rugby eventually? Does the gym let you do olympic style lifts? (Crossfit uses those, right?) They're banned at mine. 

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

On 7/9/2019 at 2:05 AM, Harriet said:

Ah, cool. Are you going to get back to rugby eventually? Does the gym let you do olympic style lifts? (Crossfit uses those, right?) They're banned at mine. 

Luckily they're allowed at mine! There's a small 'functional' zone that includes CF-type stuff like (googled it) "functional rack, slam balls, plio boxes, bumper plates, olympic bars and kettlebells." I think there's such a popularity to it that they have to do it to keep their membership up. 

And yes - I intend to get back into rugby and play with my first club again :)

• Like 1

Fitness this week - have been to the gym once this week, going again today. Looking forward to it!

My biggest issue is diet. I gained a lot of weight since my lifestyle has changed significantly. I went from working in a concert venue (walking and carrying a lot, making long hours) and going to and from work on my bike to being in the office all day and getting there by metro (which is a 3 minute walk from my home), my lifestyle has changed significantly and I'm not sure where to start to get everything back on track. Gonna do some diet research today and come up with a plan... 

• Like 1