Hello, Fellow Nerds and Geeks

I just wanted to drop a line to say hi and introduce myself.  My name is Jason (Stalwart).  I'm new to Nerd Fitness and also Rising Heroes.  I'm loving what I see so far.

I'm struggling to choose a class, and the website that is supposed to help with that isn't functional for me.  But I am loving being a rebel.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Stalwart said:

I just wanted to drop a line to say hi and introduce myself.  My name is Jason (Stalwart).  I'm new to Nerd Fitness and also Rising Heroes.  I'm loving what I see so far.

I'm struggling to choose a class, and the website that is supposed to help with that isn't functional for me.  But I am loving being a rebel.

Welcome, Jason! You don't have to choose a class yet. Many people start off in the level one challenges, then move into a guild when they have an idea what kind of sport or exercise focus they have. But even then, you can always switch it up later, so you can't go wrong. 

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

Welcome, Jason! You don't have to choose a class yet. Many people start off in the level one challenges, then move into a guild when they have an idea what kind of sport or exercise focus they have. But even then, you can always switch it up later, so you can't go wrong. 

Hi, Harriet!

Thanks for the warm welcome.  I saw in the book, Level Up Your Life, that one of the people was listed as a wizard, but I'm not seeing that class/guild.  Do people make custom classes, and if so, do they have to work alone or do they work with the Rebel guild?

1 hour ago, Stalwart said:

Hi, Harriet!

Thanks for the warm welcome.  I saw in the book, Level Up Your Life, that one of the people was listed as a wizard, but I'm not seeing that class/guild.  Do people make custom classes, and if so, do they have to work alone or do they work with the Rebel guild?

You choose a guild. I'm not remembering why someone was a wizard in the book. Maybe it was their avatar name? Or, below the avatar you have a ranking (you are now listed as member) and sometimes the guild leaders get creative and give you a special ranking.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

4 hours ago, Stalwart said:

Hi, Harriet!

I mean, sometimes people work classes creatively into their challenges, and note their "level" or "stats" or what have you in their signatures. But there's no structure for that beyond the given guilds and associated classes. 

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru