Hi, all. I'm Joey and I live in Denver. I'm a new member of the Academy and thought I should introduce myself. I'm a 46 year old lesbian who spent most of the last decade caring for my wife through multiple years of illness and not taking very good care of myself. My wife died in January and now I'm figuring out how to start living in a way that doesn't involve interrupted sleep and eating standing up over the kitchen sink. I did not go through all that crap to not live my life to the fullest now so here I am.

I am 80% powered by spite at any given moment. Therefore, my goal is get as strong and fast as possible so that I can live a very very long, happy, healthy, GAY AS FUCK life, because doing so will royally piss off Certain People in this country who don't want me to do that.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, joeydagger said:

because doing so will royally piss off Certain People

I like your style.

I don't know how in/out of shape you are right now, but I suggest checking NerdFitness blog for basic/begginer guides on various workouts. In this article you'll find 5 basic workouts. There are more, just browse blog archives. And about being fast: running and sprints

Cheers :) 

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges' status: 

Spoiler

Not gonna Challenge anymore for now. I took Steve's words and started thinking in days and years. Challenges are just short-term distractions. 

#16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Other activities: Bike build

13 hours ago, joeydagger said:

Therefore, my goal is get as strong and fast as possible so that I can live a very very long, happy, healthy, GAY AS FUCK life

I'm so sorry for your loss. This is an awesome goal that I very much hope you will succeed at. Good luck, and welcome to the rebellion. 

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

1 hour ago, aramis said:

I like your style.

Ha, thank you. Once I realized the power of spite to inspire change in my life, I was all set to go.

1 hour ago, aramis said:

I don't know how in/out of shape you are right now, but I suggest checking NerdFitness blog for basic/begginer guides on various workouts. In this article you'll find 5 basic workouts. There are more, just browse blog archives. And about being fast: running and sprints

Cheers :) 

Thanks! Since I bought the Academy program I'm going to let it tell me what to do for a while, particularly since I've been quite sedentary for a number of years now. I like the article on sprints - I feel like that's something I would enjoy once I'm warmed up to the concept of moving my ass around more and can do it without sustaining injury.

3 minutes ago, Harriet said:

I'm so sorry for your loss. This is an awesome goal that I very much hope you will succeed at. Good luck, and welcome to the rebellion. 

Thank you. It sucks and I don't recommend it. But I can definitely feel my wife's spirit over my shoulder encouraging me to go live my best, gay, spite-filled life. :) Thanks for the welcome and the well wishes.

• Like 1
On 7/7/2019 at 8:03 AM, joeydagger said:

I did not go through all that crap to not live my life to the fullest now so here I am.

Too bloody right. 

I've one queer friend who will announce "Today is a SPITE day" if they're struggling and want to find a motivation but don't have it internally to hand. It is normally followed by them getting stuff done, and they've ended up travelling despite disabilities and various constraints which would floor someone who didn't have the Power of Spite.

The world needs more people living their best lives. May that fire carry you far into a life of joy. 

And she's definitely still with you. No doubt.

~Halo

EPIC QUEST: To travel the world, writing, teaching and performing.

CURRENT QUEST: finish the darn PhD. (Deadline, Dec 2019)