• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Leafar the Lost

There should be a Wizards Guild.

I have noticed that there is no Wizards or Magicians Guild.  There  I know that the other guilds have real world exercises and activities, but I really think NerdFitness could find something that could fit into a guild for Wizards or Magicians.  Nothing is more nerdy that someone who uses magic.  Please consider this, because it is something that NerdFitness really needs.  Thank you. 

I would guess there is no wizard/magic users guild because well those aren't part of the Fitness aspect of the site - wizards traditionally spend more time reading/learning than doing things in the world.

21 hours ago, Strickland5 said:

I would guess there is no wizard/magic users guild because well those aren't part of the Fitness aspect of the site - wizards traditionally spend more time reading/learning than doing things in the world.

Yes I agree they do spend time reading and learning, but I think that's exact;y why there needs to be a Wizards Guild!  What we can do is list out all of the guilds and the types of exercising and dieting they represent.  Whatever is not covered should be in the Wizards Guild.  I really do believe NerdFitness needs this. 

11 minutes ago, Leafar the Lost said:

Yes I agree they do spend time reading and learning, but I think that's exact;y why there needs to be a Wizards Guild!  What we can do is list out all of the guilds and the types of exercising and dieting they represent.  Whatever is not covered should be in the Wizards Guild.  I really do believe NerdFitness needs this. 

The original guild definitions came from Steve's book - Level Up Your Life. They have been modified a bit over the years, but the goal was to encourage more fitness, so Wizards wouldn't really fit in with that. Whatever isn't covered in the current guilds is already covered with the Rebel guild - and personally, I don't think Wizard is generic enough for a catch all (although there is nothing to stop you from disagreeing with that!)

There isn't anything stopping you from taking on a Wizard persona though! Plenty of people have customized their personal characters to align with their personal goals. You could also create a hybrid class; maybe Battle Mage or something along those lines, depending on your fitness goals.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

The original guild definitions came from Steve's book - Level Up Your Life. They have been modified a bit over the years, but the goal was to encourage more fitness, so Wizards wouldn't really fit in with that. Whatever isn't covered in the current guilds is already covered with the Rebel guild - and personally, I don't think Wizard is generic enough for a catch all (although there is nothing to stop you from disagreeing with that!)

There isn't anything stopping you from taking on a Wizard persona though! Plenty of people have customized their personal characters to align with their personal goals. You could also create a hybrid class; maybe Battle Mage or something along those lines, depending on your fitness goals.

Thanks Sylvaa.  Based on the guild descriptions I would be a Ranger, since I am using cardio and weights, but I think Steve is missing out on potential Rebels would see themselves as Wizards or Magicians.  In D&D terms, any class could be a Rebel.  Based on looking at the guilds I could come up with a description, and there is nothing more nerdy than a magic-user. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leafar the Lost said:

Thanks Sylvaa.  Based on the guild descriptions I would be a Ranger, since I am using cardio and weights, but I think Steve is missing out on potential Rebels would see themselves as Wizards or Magicians.  In D&D terms, any class could be a Rebel.  Based on looking at the guilds I could come up with a description, and there is nothing more nerdy than a magic-user. 

I totally agree with the magic user being nerdy! I think the issue would be figuring out the fitness part, because it would have to be specific to magic users and they don't really go together well. 

2 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

I totally agree with the magic user being nerdy! I think the issue would be figuring out the fitness part, because it would have to be specific to magic users and they don't really go together well. 

I will try to come up with something. :)

In the 21st century technology is wizardry.  We even call people who are great with technology Tech-Wizards.  Perhaps the Wizards Guild could be composed of Nerds who primarily use technology to lose weight and get into better shape. This is my idea for a new guild of wizards.