• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Athaclena

Athaclena - is BACK!

I.... uh.... took a much needed break......

Quick update - then I'll get a challange going.....

Still a consultant with the same company - travel has slowed quite a bit (we'll see how long that lasts). Lots of changes at my company, which I think stressed me out more than I realized. I'm STILL in Atlanta - BUT - progress has been made in the Chattanooga move. A couple of weeks ago we emptied\moved 2 storage units and the storage\tool shed at hubby's parents' house to a storage unit in Chattanooga. Now we're working on boxing up OUR house and slowly moving stuff up. I figure probably a trip a month and we'll be ready to pop our house on the market by Oct\Nov. 

Hubby is now working. Not a FT gig, but he's been doing the "con circuit" setting up lan gaming areas. Some pretty big ones - basically WAS volunteering, finally convinced the guy that it could be done better - and is now getting paid and has helped them upgrade their experience with actual enterprise gear rather than throwing together crap. He requires a lot of downtime between gigs to recover - but he's doing something he loves and getting paid for it - so BONUS!

With everything going on - I finally took a break this weekend. My company takes 2 days for the 4th of July. I had planned to work on packing. Hubby tried to get me to go with him for his con this weekend to "getaway". Orlando in July? Heck no - it's crowded, hot and muggy. Yes, I love Disney\Universal - but - that wasn't what I needed. I ended up basically relaxing for 4 days. I was rested enough I got up EARLY today and walked. For the first time in.... um..... I'm not going to go back and read my threads to find out LOL.

Anyway - I'm back for this challenge - and babystepping away - again :)

• Like 4

Welcome back! 

I'm glad that you took the time to rest. And agree, Orlando in July is NOT the time to be going! 

And his job sounds like a lot of fun, actually doing something he loves. Fingers crossed it turns into FT if that's what you guys want. Maybe I'll get to see his work when I come down to Dragoncon. 

It will never be "FT" - but more of an "entrepreneur" thing. The guy he's working with can't do ALL of the lans LOL.

The guy he's working with IS doing D*Con this year - but hubby's made it clear - he's not working it LOL. So you can see the network gear and partake of his improvements in the FreePlay area - but hubby won't be there. Probably. 

So far this year he's worked at Dreamhack Dallas, F2Con, MomoCon and GuardianCon. He's "on tap" for Dreamhack Atlanta and I think something in Vegas too - at a minimum. So now he's traveling more than I am at the moment (and if you follow my threads - before this year I travelled a LOT - my fleece which goes with me everywhere has seen over half a million miles).

• Like 1

Challenge goals:

Each week - make progress towards move

- Pack boxes for Storage
- Pack boxes for Goodwill
- DELIVER GOODWILL Boxes!

Each day - need to move it move it!
The goal on my Fitbit is a measly 5k steps. Need to hit it - every day

That's it. Now to MOVE IT MOVE IT+
giphy.gif

• Like 3

Monday Update:
Hit my step count - YES!!!!

Then was awakened this morning at 3:30 with a mild headache and dry mouth - drank a glass of water. Was awakened at 6:30a with a full blown migraine - so took meds and ate part of a protein bar so it wouldn't upset my stomach. Pretty much gone by the time I dragged myself out of bed at 9:15a (thankfully - no early morning meetings) - so I'm in migraine "hangover" mode. *sigh*

Gonna try to still get my steps in - just not going to go outside in this scorching heat and humidity to do it. Maybe even pack a box later.... Just need to not let this ruin my momentum!

• Like 1

Tuesday update. Low level headache from noon-ish on. Didn't get my steps. 

Slept for crap last night. Woke up with another headache (pretty sure it's the weather this week - pop up thunderstorms). So no walking this morning. We'll see how it goes the rest of the day. Even if I don't get it done today - not throwing in the towel. Will try again tomorrow.....

• Like 1

OK - the daily headaches are getting to be an absolute drag. Haven't had any for WEEKS - and now this week I do. *sigh* I'm pretty sure they're weather related..... I can't wait to move - not sure it'll help, but it'll help in OTHER areas. The only way to completely fix the weather related headaches is move to the desert. And that's just not gonna happen LOL.

Had to work early this morning - so no early morning walk. Yesterday I didn't get quite to 5k steps - but did a lot more than Tuesday.

ONWARD!

• Like 2

Welcome back!
I will soon steal some of your goals... I'm moving as well.
So glad your crazy travelling has calmed down for a bit, it will allow you to pack!

• Like 1

Storms moved through last night. So a bit of relief this morning - and I S-L-E-P-T.

Hopefully I can focus and finish up the fiddly bits documentation at work on.... oh wait.... a client moved code to production this morning and it's failing. *sigh*

I'll shoot for a lot of walking\packing this weekend :)

• Like 1

More storms. UGH!

Up and drinking coffee. I think hubby and I are going to try to swing up to Chattanooga today (it's only about a 90 min drive - see - not THAT big of a move....well.... if it wasn't for all of the STUFF) to take care of some stuff (getting a PO box so we can register our Business there, get the 2nd storage unit, etc.).

So busy weekend ahead - and of course we'll get a few storm systems as Hurricane Barry (it made Cat 1) makes landfall (which it is doing literally right now).....

If any of you are in the path of Barry - stay safe and dry!

• Like 1

Made a day trip to Chattanooga to take care of a UPS mailbox so we can go ahead and move our Side Biz up there. Swung by the storage place to go ahead and lock in the other big unit - and it's completely changed hands. They didn't have the computers up to rent a new unit - and so I have a 4 day (they're going to extend it) reservation and he's going to "try" to reserve at the same rate. He seemed concerned that it would be 3 weeks before we could get back up there. I'm like - DUDE - that's why I'm here TODAY..... and I'm going to to Atlanta right after we grab some food.

I'll start scoping out other big units in case they don't honor the agreement. Now that everything is all packed nicely in one unit - it wouldn't be THAT big of a deal to rent a truck for 1 day and move it if they REALLY piss me off......

• Like 1

Wednesday morning - woke up with a headache *sigh* and had an early morning meeting - so bailed on walking.

I did get my 5k steps in yesterday - and cooked a healthy dinner - and cleaned the kitchen. So YAY :)

• Like 4

Its sad but I find it so hard to get 5k on a normal day for me. I used to walk so much too when I was a teen lol. 

I have been feeling a bit headachy lately with all this muggy weather where I am. Do you have that poopy weather too?

• Like 1

I'm in "HotLanta" - so it's muggy pretty much from March to October :)

What gets me are thunderstorm "fronts". The barometric pressure goes up - and migraine occurs.......

So - I didn't get my steps in yesterday - BUT - I got my walk in this morning. So 3 times in one week. HUZZAH!

• Like 3

Got in my steps today.

That's *4* days this week I've dragged my rear out of bed and walked! It's the most level part of the walk - and it's only like 3k steps - but it's a start!

Next week I'm going to do the next challenging segment of the hood - and try to get up early enough it's tacking on at the beginning of the walk so I can bring the WALK up to 5k steps.

And maybe this weekend I'll pack a box or 2 LOL.

• Like 4

Didn't pack any boxes this weekend *sigh* - so big FAIL there..... 7 days in a row of afternoon thunderstorms + migraines. BLECH!

That being said - I walked 4/5 days last week. So I feel fantastic about that!

I dragged my rear out of bed this morning and not only walked - added a neighborhood neighborhood - SO - I got an entire 4k steps this morning. Gonna try to do that every morning I'm capable of. If I do well this week - I'll try to add a 3rd segment next week :)

Hubby is heading to QuakeCon this week - so I'm going to up my veggie game for dinner.

• Like 2

Tuesday morning - and it's RAINING! So I didn't get my walk in this morning - DANG IT. It's supposed to "cool off" today - with a high of only 81 - so maybe I'll walk tonight. The cooler drier air means walking in the morning the rest of the week should be nice. I know 73 sounds cool - but when the humidity is 90%+ - it's still stifling!

Wednesday morning - it was nice, cool and low humidity. I was running a TAD late so didn't complete the same circuit as Monday - but got MOST of it. I'm on track to hit my 5k mark today still.

Hubby is heading to QuakeCon - so I'm home with plans for healthy food with lots of mushrooms (gotta stock up on those when hubby is gone due to his allergy).....

Now that I'm getting a morning walk under control - now time to PACK BOXES LOL. I'll try to get a few boxes together to get donate this weekend....

Thursday morning - took a call while on my walk - but I got the full, planned circuit in this morning. So I'll hit the 5k planned steps which I JUST missed yesterday....

Dinner was delish - of course I got to smell it for 3+ hours simmering in the crock-pot LOL. But nice to have something awesome for dinner. I also spent a little time doing a much needed "scrub" down of the sink\counters. Will try to get the STOVE tonight as well....

• Like 3

Friday morning - got in my full, planned walk.

So that's 4/5 days WOOT 2 weeks in a row. That's - uh - a record for me in recent-ish history.

I'm planning on going through the main floor of the house tomorrow and pack up stuff to take to Goodwill and TAKE it on Sunday. 

I'll call this challenge a success regardless. But I'll report back Sunday on my weekend progress :)

Looking forward to doing the SAME thing next challenge - except maybe with more boxing up of stuff and increasing my daily walk.....

• Like 2