• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rhovaniel

One PvP to rule them All - Darebee's Daily Dare, LOTR Edition!

That was tougher than it looked! My balance gave out with a minute to go, so just the 1 point for me. 

Anyone else stand on the other leg for an extra three minutes just to balance yourself back out? :D 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rhovaniel said:

Anyone else stand on the other leg for an extra three minutes just to balance yourself back out? :D 

I thought about it before trying but noped out pretty quick after :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pecs said:

I did have a 'what the hell you loony' moment, but hey, it felt odd only doing the one leg!

• Like 1

Day 1 done: 3 minute single leg balance.

I wobbled, and my cats looked concerned (or confused, or both?) but done w/ EC!

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Got the 3 minutes.  1

Not in one go

1 min eyes closed.  1

for a total of           2

And damn, that sucked.  I have crap for balance.

Done with extra credit. My shoulders will thank me, ha. Tried closing my eyes afterwards and immediately lost balance.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

By the way, do we get extra glory for singing 'I believe I can fly' whilst balancing on one leg? Asking for a friend..

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Tried the single leg balance with my eyes closed and totally failed! Still, did it again with my eyes open and completed with EC :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pecs said:

Same!

Done with EC. I was surprised, the muscles that got the most tired were in the hip of my standing leg.

By the way, this version of the DD is a little harder than in past challenges. in the past I think we had 5 weeks (35 days) to get the 70 points, so you didn't have to be perfect to get titanium. But as @Rhovaniel said, mithril is even more precious!

• Like 2

Done with EC! I did good on the balance part, but by about the two minute mark, my arms were tired, and my standing leg was real tired.But I didn't want to give up when I was almost there.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

That was tougher than it looked! My balance gave out with a minute to go, so just the 1 point for me. 

Stopping after the first leg was an option? :P

• Haha 3

It seems all the cool kids are doing this, so I guess I'll pitch in too.  :D 

tenor.gif?itemid=13020348 

I'm shooting low and going for at least Iron, but of course I am trying for all the EC I can get so I get higher than that.

For today (July 11), I did the whole 3 minutes in one stint and I did the last minute with my eyes shut; but afterward I realized a) I had my left leg curled around my right leg instead of up in the air, and b) my arms were a bit below shoulder height, not horizontal. So, I switched legs and did it again correctly, and that was much harder and very unpleasant but I did it in one stint despite the pain.  :P  I tried closing my eyes but immediately started to fall over, so I decided it was better to get one EC point than no EC points.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

By the way, do we get extra glory for singing 'I believe I can fly' whilst balancing on one leg? Asking for a friend..

no extra points, but ALL the glory! 

Related image

13 hours ago, Inazea said:

Done with extra credit. My shoulders will thank me, ha. Tried closing my eyes afterwards and immediately lost balance.

Closing your eyes made it so much harder!!

10 hours ago, Jarric said:

Tried the single leg balance with my eyes closed and totally failed! Still, did it again with my eyes open and completed with EC :)

Nicely done! 

8 hours ago, Xena said:

Same!

Done with EC. I was surprised, the muscles that got the most tired were in the hip of my standing leg.

By the way, this version of the DD is a little harder than in past challenges. in the past I think we had 5 weeks (35 days) to get the 70 points, so you didn't have to be perfect to get titanium. But as @Rhovaniel said, mithril is even more precious!

Oh, I hadn't realised that. I am more than happy to extend the PvP by 5 days to allow for a little leeway, if others would prefer? 

3 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

It seems all the cool kids are doing this, so I guess I'll pitch in too.  :D 

tenor.gif?itemid=13020348 

I'm shooting low and going for at least Iron, but of course I am trying for all the EC I can get so I get higher than that.

For today (July 11), I did the whole 3 minutes in one stint and I did the last minute with my eyes shut; but afterward I realized a) I had my left leg curled around my right leg instead of up in the air, and b) my arms were a bit below shoulder height, not horizontal. So, I switched legs and did it again correctly, and that was much harder and very unpleasant but I did it in one stint despite the pain.  :P  I tried closing my eyes but immediately started to fall over, so I decided it was better to get one EC point than no EC points.

Sky!!! So glad to see you here my friend! And well done!

Yesterday was a deceptively hard one, well done everyone. Today is 200 squat punches, EC being in one go. Lets get those legs burning!july12.jpg

• Like 4

Oh no today was mean. I did jump squats yesterday. I needed to actually warm up just for this to manage the EC :D

I did it tho! It took 2 tries but eventually I manged all 200 punches in the squat hold! (don't know what my legs think of this yet, we'll see in a while!) 

• Like 3

A day late, but I want in! going for mithril so I made up yesterday too, hope that's ok. 

Holding that squat really made the legs burn, should've punched faster xD 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

A day late, but I want in! going for mithril so I made up yesterday too, hope that's ok. 

Holding that squat really made the legs burn, should've punched faster xD 

Usually, making up dares for previous days isn't allowed, but as I am myself changing the rules and extending the challenge by 5 days (thanks to @Xena for the idea) I'll allow it for today. Especially as I failed to make it clear at the start. It should make it a little easier for people to hit Mithril!

Image result for ill allow it

• Like 3

@Rhovaniel I modified your code a little bit so we can include everyone without having to rewrite the coding every time a new person joins.

Going for iron. Bonus points if I make silver. A pony if I make gold.

Going to try for yesterday's (one foot balancee) and today's (squat punches) dares.

• Thanks 1