• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rhovaniel

One PvP to rule them All - Darebee's Daily Dare, LOTR Edition!

Welcome good friends, to my own spin on a much-enjoyed PvP of old. That's right. It's the Darebee's Daily Dare PvP... Lord of the Rings Edition! 

Image result for Lord of the rings gif

The challenge itself is simple. Everyday, Darebee post a Daily Dare. There are usually two levels of difficulty – normal and Extra Credit, which usually means getting the exercise done in one set. For the purposes of this challenge, completing the dare earns 1 point. Completing the Extra Credit earns 1 more point, for a maximum of 2 points. Sometimes, there is such a thing as Extra Extra Credit. That’s cool, if you get this, let us know and we can all cheer your success. Sometimes, the Dare might be beyond your ability, and that’s cool too. Modify if you need to. We won’t judge, we’ll be proud. Neither Extra Extra Credit or modified Dares earn any points, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t bother trying. Not that you wouldn’t not try anyway, right. I mean, we’re Rebels, after all. ;) This is a personal challenge, the PvP is just for fun. Post how you modified a Dare and be proud of it. Seriously. Sign up and keep track of the Dares in this Spreadsheet (I hope it’s okay to emulate the work of my noble predecessors and reuse their spreadsheet format)

Image result for Lord of the rings gif

Anyway, at the end of the challenge, the person with the most points is traditionally called the Daredevil. However, as I’m mixing things up and throwing in some good old Lord of the Rings theming into this, this time the leader is crowned Blessed by Aragorn Himself. Now, is that not an incentive? 

Image result for aragorn gif

Also, I’m throwing in a title for the person who has to modify the most workouts. They shall be known as The Wizard’s Apprentice. This is no bad thing, to be under Gandalf’s wise tutelage! 

In addition, there is usually a Titanium through to Bronze tier system for points. 60 points, meaning that for each day of this 30 day challenge you complete both the dare and the extra credit, was Titanium. But we know of a metal much more precious, don’t we?

Related image

For this challenge, the tiers are:

Mithril – 60 points (30 days + 30 EC)
Not all that glitters is Gold – 45 points
Silver like the Silverlode – 30 points
Forged in of the Iron Hills – 15 points
Custom - A custom goal of your choice, but your specific target must be stated in the spreadsheet. 

Enjoy and Good Luck. This challenge will run for 30 days, so not quite in keeping with the challenges. Apologies for this. It runs from Thursday 11th July to Friday 9th August. 

EDIT: The challenge will now run for 35 DAYS, meaning that it ends on Wednesday 14th August. 

Edited by Rhovaniel
edited running time
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Sounds interesting and an awesome theme! What's an example of a dare?

Oh i should just check the site sorry!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Endor said:

Sounds interesting and an awesome theme! What's an example of a dare?

Oh i should just check the site sorry!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

That's okay. I forget that some people aren't familiar with the Daily Dare. For an example, this is todays:

july10.jpg

• Like 1

I've been away from the forums far too long and I could use an incentive to make time in the evenings for physio, so count me in (as long as you promise to bug me to keep updating Rho) . Going for Mithril.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jarric said:

@Rhovaniel

I can't edit the spreadsheet, only view it. I think you need to go on and change the sharing permissions?

Thanks for that. I think I fixed it...

This is awesome! Thanks for setting this up :) I'm going to try my best to squeeze these into my schedule because I can't resist a good PvP.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jarric said:

I've been away from the forums far too long and I could use an incentive to make time in the evenings for physio, so count me in (as long as you promise to bug me to keep updating Rho) . Going for Mithril.

You can count on me bugging you ;) 

2 hours ago, Raxie said:

This is awesome! Thanks for setting this up :) I'm going to try my best to squeeze these into my schedule because I can't resist a good PvP.

No problem! It was partly born of a selfish desire to get back into daily dares and give myself something to work on. So why not see if others were interested too :) 

2 hours ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

Gonna give this a shot! Gotta get moving :)

Yay! Glad to have you, mellon nin :) 

I realised that I entirely forgot to announce my own goal. I'm aiming for Gold!

• Like 2

Well, why not give this the old try :) I expect I will need to modify a few, but who knows. I'll aim for Silver, and see if I can get higher.

• Like 1

I need.......something.  My goal is anything.  I usually forget entirely or fizzle out after a couple.  

• Like 1

Going for gold!! Maybe with little mithril accents :-)

Love your special modifications this time around!

• Like 2

And we got extra extra credit on the first day! Wow! Naturally I had to do it :D

But ouch, I thought I was smart for starting with eyes closed but my leg was toast after it. The 2 minutes after that felt very long. Also found a clip on youtube of someone counting seconds which made this much easier! https://youtu.be/s56e26uVkOE

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Tateman said:

Well, why not give this the old try :) I expect I will need to modify a few, but who knows. I'll aim for Silver, and see if I can get higher.

9 hours ago, Endor said:

I'll have a crack at Silver! 

mrn04hd.gif?noredirect

7 hours ago, Rinna said:

I need.......something.  My goal is anything.  I usually forget entirely or fizzle out after a couple.  

7 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

This sounds fun.Count me in!

6 hours ago, h3r0 said:

CHALLENGE+ACCEPTED-2.png

6 hours ago, Xena said:

Going for gold!! Maybe with little mithril accents :-)

Love your special modifications this time around!

6 hours ago, Merrin said:

Here, aiming for silver.

4 hours ago, WolfDreamer said:

I am so ready for this!

giphy.gif

My goal is mithril.

giphy.gif

Welcome everyone and can I say that I so excited to see people interested in the challenge. Lets crush the hoardes of Mordor together!

Image result for battle of pelennor fields

4 minutes ago, Pecs said:

And we got extra extra credit on the first day! Wow! Naturally I had to do it :D

But ouch, I thought I was smart for starting with eyes closed but my leg was toast after it. The 2 minutes after that felt very long. Also found a clip on youtube of someone counting seconds which made this much easier! https://youtu.be/s56e26uVkOE

Yeah, what are the chances of Extra Extra Credit on Day One! Major Kudos for doing it :)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

I'm not suggesting that I'm here under duress or anything but sometimes I can feel @Rhovaniel glaring at me through my computer screen :P 

I'm sure I don't know what you mean... but now that you're here, you're totally signing up right? B) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rhovaniel said:

I'm sure I don't know what you mean...

It's not like I couldn't say, post a screenshot as evidence? 

2 minutes ago, Rhovaniel said:

I'm sure I don't know what you mean... but now that you're here, you're totally signing up right? B) 

I said I would. This is a nice little bit of strength work for while I'm not doing serious strength work. 

• Haha 2