• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

tishnicden

tishnicden: It's Been A While....

Dude. 

Let's play catch up. 

It has been close to two years since I have been here. When I was last here, my family (husband, twin daughters and myself) had just moved into a new house. I had just started PT for my knee. I was struggling with sugar addiction and sleep deprivation. Since then, my girls turned 5. They will be starting kindergarten in the fall. Around the time I left, I got a new job for the local school district as the administrative assistant. I was Keto for about a year, but then slowly fell off. My appendix and I battled it out and luckily I won. However, now my thyroid is after me. I have completely cut out caffeine.

Life has kept me crazy busy, but I missed it here, so here I am, trying to get back into this thing. 

I know I'm a week and a half late, so I am going to keep this simple-ish. 

• Water. Drink it. 16oz before work - 50 oz at work - 16 oz after work
  • Don't eat like as asshole. Minimize carbs where possible, but don't get all guilt-ridden or give up for slip-ups. 
  • Zumba. It ain't pretty, but get 'er done, once per week. 

andddddd here we go!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

WELCOME BACK!!! It’s never too late to join in :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!!! I figured I could go on with the same excuse "oh they already started... maybe next time" but I'd rather just get started and make myself accountable. 

• Like 2

Yesterday went well. I went to Zumba for my physical activity. It might not be what I really WANT to be doing, but until I'm able to strengthen my knee I can't be running or hiking or lifting the way I want. Do what you gotta do until you can do what you wanna do, right? 

My water intake was low yesterday, so all night I had leg cramps. I am so thankful for pickle juice. I am off to an okay start this morning as far as water goes. 

I ate pretty well yesterday. I did have a dark chocolate walnut bar, but hey, I only had one and not several, so that's an improvement. This morning I had scrambled eggs with sausage, onion, bell peppers and cheese. Lunch will be a spinach wrap from Subway. Not too sure of dinner, but I do have popcorn for a snack. Is popcorn a carb? Yes, BUUUUUUUT, it's not a candy bar or ice cream or a donut, so baby steps are cool with me. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Welcome back! Woot for getting in activity, even if it can't be one you'd love

Thanks!! Yeah I think my next challenge will be based around "stop making excuses". I am sensing a theme already with this challenge. Funny how things work out like that but thats what I missed about being here. It helps me hold myself accountable. 

Soooo, I'm having difficulty drinking all my water. I made the mistake of drinking a 7up earlier and that threw a wrench in things. Currently playing catch up....

tenor.gif

28 minutes ago, tishnicden said:

Soooo, I'm having difficulty drinking all my water. I made the mistake of drinking a 7up earlier and that threw a wrench in things. Currently playing catch up....

tenor.gif

As far as liquid goes and not being dehydrated, pop does that just as much as water. Obviously, it has more calories. 

So far, pretty good. 

I can't believe it's been over a week since my last check-in. Last Saturday was my mama's birthday. I could have gone a bit easier on the sugar, but at this point, I am happy just acknowledging things I need to work on. Hubs and I both came down with a stomach bug Sunday evening. That was a good time.... Our anniversary is tomorrow, so we are going out of town after work today and going to just enjoy having no specific plans. We have both decided to change our diets and are going Keto come Monday. This is huge for us because while I have tried every damn diet ever and actually enjoyed and thrived on keto, Hubs has never ever changed his way of eating - EVER - and this was his idea. I am really proud of him and excited and just focusing on being supportive of him. We are both the heaviest we have been, weightwise. We need a healthy change. Plus it makes it easier on me not having to make him and the kids one meal and then something separate for myself. 

I have been going to Zumba and NOT eating like an asshole, so those are wins. I am noticing I need to up my hydration. especially in this heat. I am working on my goals for the next challenge and hoping I can just stay on track for this one. 

• Like 2

The weekend went well. 

Hubs and I got out of town and had a good time. Played some mini golf, did some shopping, went to a movie (Stuber)... and a little bit of eating like an asshole occurred in the form of Popeyes Chicken, In-N-Out, and Olive Garden. Also, there may have been a pint or so of Ben and Jerry's involved. 

funny-cat-meme-cake.jpg

I also didn't drink as much water as I should have, which is becoming a reoccurring theme for me. I love how these challenges point out what you need to work on. Before, I thought I was doing ok with my water but knew I could increase it some. I had no idea it was this bad. It explains my headaches and general feeling of "meh". So far I have 34 oz. A far cry from my goal, but I am still putting a dent in it. 

So Hubs and I were supposed to start Keto today. Not exactly happening. Because of our trip out of town and absolute lack of desire to do anything that we normally do, we didn't go grocery shopping. Talking with Hubs, he said he still wants to do Keto, but is going to start off by cutting carbs where he can, specifically, cutting out breads and soda. I am completely following his lead on this and going to be as supportive as possible, so I am also cutting out breads and sodas. This morning I had a breakfast shake, lunch was beef merlot with broccoli I took out some carne asada for dinner, so hopefully, Hubs grills that up while I am at Zumba. 

• Like 1

Forgot to add that Zumba will be tonight instead of my normal Wednesday. Our instructor is going to some kind of retread/conference in Florida for about a week so if I don't go today, then I'll miss this whole week. That being said, I can more than catch up with my watch intake. I swear with how hot it is and dancing.... I could drink a gallon just in class. 

• Like 1

Have fun at Zumba! I'm trying to up my water intake too. It was easier today because I was hot and sweaty, but when it's not hot I forget.