DaemonCorax reassembles

DaemonCorax

Hi all -

This isn't really an outlined challenge, per se. I'm just checking in. Starfish is 8 weeks old on Saturday. I'm sort of ok and sort of not.

Physically: Well, c sections do things to your core that I had studiously avoided while pregnant. I got back in the climbing gym at the 6 week mark and discovered that I can't push with my toes very well because my core between my belly button and my incision is a mess. I can edge and do a lot of other things, but some motions just don't work at all. It's very weird. I am also, oddly enough, super tired. I have 10-15 lbs to lose before I'll really consider myself in fighting shape, although I keep reminding myself that I put on back and lower body muscle while pregnant. I deadlifted 135 the other day, just to see how it felt. It was ok, but I'm not eager to lift heavy regularly right now. Things are still healing. The neurological stuff is weird - I had to THINK about how to front squat with the barbell. All in all, I'm not supposed to complain - I don't have any signs of pelvic floor dysfunction or diastasis recti. But I don't feel like myself in any realm.

So far since the 6-week mark: 3 trips to the climbing gym, one of which felt good. 1 climbing trip outside - carrying a pack plus baby was fine, but I only climbed 2 routes and hung all over one of them. 3 hikes, and probably going again today. My right hip is confused about life - my hips have been agressively getting smaller again and that motion, plus the healing at the corner of my incision, has created some pulling feeling that I have to be careful with.

Mentally - well. That's for another post. Long story short: I'm not showing signs of the anger and irritability I had while pregnant, but there's a lot to work through.

I really appreciated all your support and care through my pregnancy. Y'all are wonderful.

• Like 5

Current challenge:This is not how daemoncorax used to wake up

Previous challenges: DaemonCorax doesn't go on vacation

(STR 21; DEX 3; STA 10.5; CON 8.3; WIS 15; CHA 2 - but these are SUPER out of date.)

While we have to stay away from the desert, we can always ride our bikes.

3 minutes ago, DaemonCorax said:

I'm not supposed to complain

Just because you didn't end up with a worse case scenario doesn't mean you don't have the right to complain! What you're going through is tough, and you're putting in hard work, so complain away if you must :)

• Like 1

yeah, you've been through a lot

and the fact that your checking back in and pushing yourself

is a big deal. so keep it up, check in when you can.  and we're here to support you all along the way.

how is sleep?

often it seem that sleep is one of the hardest parts of being a new mom

• Like 1

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

Welcome back!  It will all come back in time.  Definitely vent here as much as you like.  Keep up the good work!  :-)

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill