Middle of the Road (Spy-hood is in Sight)

Hey! I'm Kerri. I joined the Academy today and wanted to start a new battle log for this purpose. Most of what is in my old log are outdated measurements and some remnants of black & white thinking. I'm excited to take this new step in my leveling up.

I am currently 255 lbs. (Down 40lbs from my highest weight) I am eating three meals a day regularly, with only occasional snacks. I have binge-eating episodes less than once or twice a month? 

I no longer have tachycardic symptoms and my asthma is controlled without medication. My fasting sugars are out of prediabetic range, and my insulin is almost in the normal range. I'm doing pretty good so far. 

However, I've not started exercising. I have not "worked out" beyond the demands of my job (which is two days a week, 10hrs a day) and I want this to change. My fibromyalgia pain is getting worse in my shoulders and I know a part of this is due to them no longer being strong from doing PT exercises. I'm hoping the Academy will help me with this. 

I'm at a standstill with my eating as well - having a chronic illness (not to mention my ADHD) makes cooking, meal planning, and grocery shopping nutritiously difficult. More concrete education and small steps to do this are an exciting start.

So here's to my next level up, my middle road journey to spy-hood!

I am worthy of giving myself fuel to thrive.

Off to a good start!

Did my 5 minute walk today (taking out the trash as an efficiency bonus)

Started food logging on my phone (Breakfast was Greek Yogurt with honey and Pumpkin Pie Spice - about 1/2 cup yogurt, tablespoon of honey)

• Like 1

Good day today. Kept up with my food log (need to type in my 1 AM tomato snack though)

Spent the day swimming, walking, sliding and getting sun with my family. Still took my five-minute walk through. Did a warm up and cool down when I got home to help me find what I can and can't do yet. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pecs said:

Spy-hood is such a good motivator :D And it sounds like you're off to a great start! 

I grew up on Totally Spies and it might have impacted me more than I give it credit... (Not to mention an ever-stronger fascination with Black Widow and X-23) I also have this deep down wish/longing to someday be on American Ninja Warrior but shh, that's a secret.

Today has been a good day so far. I slept in since I didn't get to sleep until late (also, DOMS and my fibro are meh today due to all the swimming I did yesterday! But it feels better than I expected - with my fibro, you never know. :indecisiveness:

I drank lots of water today (Trying to eradicate that TR-18 for Rising Heros :friendly_wink:) I ate a Healthy Choice meal for lunch (I know processed food isn't that great but with fibro and a limited budget, cooking is hard so I try to get the healthiest "freezer" meals I can)

I took my five-minute walk around the building. I did the dishes (woot!), tidy the kitchen, and tidied my bedroom! But most importantly, I moved my bed and MADE IT (for the first time in months, also flea-treating the mattress - the life of a cat mom with a horrible flea allergy) Moving my bed is a huge effort but I did this to make it easier to keep making my bed. I can now access both sides easier and the sheets are tucked in better so they don't come off as easily. I changed all my pillowcases too! 

I'm also going to attempt the Beginner Bodyweight Workout today as a benchmark for both Academy and Rising Heros. I'm a bit sore from yesterday but since yesterday was mainly working my arms, I'm still going to go with it. I've had to edit the warm-up and cool down to fit myself, but the fact that I did it instead of giving up is HUGE! So what if I can't do Pigeon Pose fully yet? I can do it the modified way and still get a good hip stretch.  I'll post again when I finish/do the workout to let you all (and myself) know how it went!

• Like 1

That was a bit harder than I thought! I can't do 20 jumping jacks (10 worked, but anymore and my asthma was going to cause an attack) The one arm rows are too easy so I'm upping the reps to 20 instead of 10 each (I figured this would happen since I did them as PT) Squats make the thighs burn. I can still hold the plank well! I need to be very careful with lunges and my knees though (keeping proper form ) 

Otherwise, the workout went well. Overall, I'd say 5/10 exertion for me (until the jumping jacks, those seemed to be an 8) It's going to get easier though the more I keep working. I was only able to do 1 circuit, but 1 is still 1 more than sitting on the couch! :)

• Like 2

Workout #2 done yesterday. Went well. Did 20 one arm rows instead of 10, upped the plank to 30 secs because it felt too easy. I was able to do 15 jumping jacks this time! Woot.

I order a new sports bra from SheFit that will hopefully make movements easier since my current one is too big and medium-impact.

I've kept up with the 5 minute walks (tomorrow makes day 7!) I've kept up with logging my food (tomorrow is day 7 as well) I've been drinking enough water (about 2 liters a day) and tracking it in Plant Nanny 2 (my sunflower is almost full grown!)

I've been making my bed for the last 4 days for Rising Heros and it really starts my morning and nights better. I'm excited to see where the next missions take me. 

I'm trying to pace myself and not go to gung-ho out of the gate, I don't want to burn out. I have the workouts planned for Mon, Wed, Fri and will be walking on the other days. I just want to do all the things and so trying to slowwwww down a little.

I will be working on Customizing my Batcave #1 later this week. 

• Like 1

Today is Monday the 22nd.

I have been in the Academy and Rising Heros for a week and a half. I completed all NF Academy Week 1 goals I set (including daily 5-minute walks, logging my food, before photos and measurements) I completed all the Rising Heros quests I planned to: I walked the 6 min surveillance for 4 days, made my bed every day for 7 days (and have continued to do it!) drank over a liter of water a day, tracked my food, and did the bodyweight workout 3 times last week. I  have completed The two get started missions, Exercise Level 1, and Becoming a Hero)

This next week's goals are (Saturday 20th to Friday 26th)

1.  Continue with 6-minute walks daily (took my Sat and Sunday ones at work, an extra trip around when going to the restroom; did half a block for today)

2. Continue with my food logging (general amounts no calories/number tracking)

3. Three times NF BW workout this week

4.  Continue making my bed every morning

5. 5 Minute dance party daily

6.  Continue with water intake (preferably 2 liters, minimum 1)

7.  No Excuse Stretches #2

8. No electronics first 30 minutes waking for 7 days (today was day 2)

9. Try two new veggies (tried butternut squash soup today; going to do brussels sprouts tonight or tomorrow)

10. Come with final 3 S.O. decoys for Rising Heros

11. Do 2-mile walk on Friday or Saturday

12. Parkour mission later this week.

13. Customizing Bat Cave #1

14. Navigate a Grocery Store section of the Academy

Did my work out today. Finally got to all 20 jumping jacks! Whoot!

On Wednesday, I'm going to try to do two rounds/circuits but half the reps. So #1 would be 20 squats, 20 wall push-ups, 20 one-arm rows, 10 lunges, 30-sec plank, 20 jumping jacks. And #2 would be 10 squats, 10 wall push-ups, 10 one-arm rows, 4 lunges (2 each side to keep even), 30-sec plank and 10 jumping jacks. I'm not sure if I can do it but I'm going to try! :D

Advanced issues found

6 hours ago, X-23 said:

Today is Monday the 22nd.

I have been in the Academy and Rising Heros for a week and a half. I completed all NF Academy Week 1 goals I set (including daily 5-minute walks, logging my food, before photos and measurements) I completed all the Rising Heros quests I planned to: I walked the 6 min surveillance for 4 days, made my bed every day for 7 days (and have continued to do it!) drank over a liter of water a day, tracked my food, and did the bodyweight workout 3 times last week. I  have completed The two get started missions, Exercise Level 1, and Becoming a Hero)

This next week's goals are (Saturday 20th to Friday 26th)

1.  Continue with 6-minute walks daily (took my Sat and Sunday ones at work, an extra trip around when going to the restroom; did half a block for today)

2. Continue with my food logging (general amounts no calories/number tracking)

3. Three times NF BW workout this week

4.  Continue making my bed every morning

5. 5 Minute dance party daily

6.  Continue with water intake (preferably 2 liters, minimum 1)

8. No electronics first 30 minutes waking for 7 days (today was day 2)

9. Try two new veggies (tried butternut squash soup today; going to do brussels sprouts tonight or tomorrow) ( Banana peppers on a warm sandwich)

13. Customizing Bat Cave #1

14. Navigate a Grocery Store section of the Academy

1.  Continue with 6-minute walks daily (Day 11)

2. Continue with my food logging ( Day 11)

3. Three times NF BW workout this week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) (Attempting the 2nd circuit tomorrow)

4.  Continue making my bed every morning (Day 10)

5. 5 Minute dance party daily (Day 1 tomorrow, missed today)

6.  Continue with water intake 

8. No electronics first 30 minutes waking for 7 days (Day 2)

9. Try two new veggies 

13. Customizing Bat Cave #1 (Almost done!) (I need to implent 2 of them tomorrow morning, and then it's done!)

14. Navigate a Grocery Store section of the Academy (Done and made a grocery list based off NF pantry!

15. Log Spending every day. (Day 1)

Also, in other news, I can do knee push ups in good form for 5 reps. I didn't think I'd get there for another month. I'm not adding them in yet (want to get to three circuits with the wall push-ups first) but I'm proud.

• Like 1

1.  Continue with 6-minute walks daily (Today's will be Day 12)

2. Continue with my food logging (Day 12)

3. Three times NF BW workout this week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) (Got 1 and a half circuits today - half the reps in the 2nd circuit)

4.  Continue making my bed every morning (Day 11)

5. 5 Minute dance party daily (Day 1 today)

6.  Continue with water intake (Doing good, growing plants in Plant Nanny!)

8. No electronics first 30 minutes waking for 7 days (Day 3)

9. Try two new veggies 

13. Customizing Bat Cave #1 (Almost done!) (Setting up my grocery list center and making my inspiration board today or tomorrow)

14. Navigate a Grocery Store section of the Academy (Done and made a grocery list based off NF pantry!)

15. Log Spending every day. (Day 2)

Woop. That 2nd circuit had my legs feel like jello!!! I felt good afterward but shaky and out of breath. Sweatin' logs but wasn't impossible!

• Like 1

1.  Continue with 6-minute walks daily (I am struggling with what might be a shin split so I missed 1 day of walk, but starting again on Monday)

2. Continue with my food logging (28th means Day 16)

3. Three times NF BW workout this week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday - did my Friday workout on Saturday - 1 circuit with added 10 knee push-ups)

4.  Continue making my bed every morning (28th with be Day 15 - meaning I've unlocked some loot - a new sleep mask, and new set of sheets!)

5. 5 Minute dance party daily (28th will day 5)

6.  Continue with water intake (I've been flaking on this the last two days... 1-liter minimum!)

8. No electronics first 30 minutes waking for 7 days (28th will be Day 7 and missions complete!))

9. Try two new veggies 

11. Do 2-mile walk on Friday or Saturday (see below VVVV  - my chiro also does not want me walking this distance until talking with my doc)

12. Parkour mission later this week.(I have decided against doing this mission - I'm going to talk with my doctor about my legs first before doing anymore than the BBW)

13. Customizing Bat Cave #1 (Almost done!) (Setting up my grocery list center and making my inspiration board today or tomorrow)

14. Navigate a Grocery Store section of the Academy (Done and made a grocery list based off NF pantry!)

15. Log Spending every day. (28th will be Day 6)

Slowly getting there.

Got groceries this weekend. Now I have to actually cook... :P

Did buy some dark chocolate, cheese its and gummies because I tend not to binge when I have these in the house (freezing them prevents over indulgence as well)

The rest of what I bought was fairly good:

a butternut squash

4 sweet potatos

3 bananas

pumpkin seeds

a dozen eggs

ham

4 pork chops

almond milk (chocolate)

cashew milk

lemons

limes

carrots

a watermelon

2 cartons blueberries

turkey bacon

greek yogurt (plain)

1 protein YQ yogurt

canned tuna

canned chicken

diced tomatoes

jasmine rice

And I think that's the gist of it. Level up my NF Pantry! :) (just needed the canned tuna and chicken ) 

I'm hoping this will get me through two weeks but I'm not good at meal planning and I'm very forgetful and run out of energy and steam easily... which is why I'm putting this here...

MEALS AVAILABLE

• Scrambled eggs and veggies
  • smoothie w/ freezer veggies and fruits
  • hard-boiled eggs with carrots and salsa
  • tuna salad wrap
  • homemade chicken soup w/ veggies (carrots and peas oh my)
  • bacon-wrapped pork chop
  • chicken breasts w lemon and rosemary w can of green beans
  • homemade tomato soup w/ greek yogurt for protein
  • black bean stuffed sweet potatoes
  • curry and/or chili stuffed sweet potatoes
  • stir fry veggies w rice
  • Overeasey eggs w/ sauted spinach and kale
  • watermelon w/ greek yogurt and sunflower seed
  • oatmeal w/ bananas, pumpkin seeds and cinnamon (honey if needed)
  • greek yogurt breakfast (honey, blueberries, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin seeds)
  • smoothie (use the smoothie mix in the freezer!)
  • fruit salad (watermelon, berries, bananas)
  • wraps (ham, pickles, etc)
  • Pasta w tomato sauce and homemade meatballs w veggies
  • Ramen w veggies
  • black bean soup
  • pork chops w lemon and rosemary w asparagus
  • chili
  • turkey bacon wrapped sweet potatos
  • butternut squash soup w greek yogurt for protein w side of veggies

New Week, New Goals

1. Get to 7 days of 5-minute walks ( Today is Day 1)

2. Get to 21 days food logging (Today is Day 18)

3. Three times NF BW this week (Tuesday, Friday, Saturday evening)

4. Reach 21 Days making my bed (Today is Day 17)

5.  7 Days 5-minute dance party in a row (Today is Day 2)

6.  7 Days with 2 Liter Water consumption (Today is Day 2)

7.  Wake up 15 minutes earlier each day to meditate or ease into the morning (Today is Day 2) 

8. Continue with your 30 minutes no electronics waking for 14 days (Today is Day 9)

9. Make a doctor's appointment and be seen for my bump on my shin.

10. If cleared by the doctor, do 2-mile walk Tuesday, Friday or Saturday.

11. Finish customizing my Batcave #1 since I didn't actually finish the things I set up.

12. Batcave Customization #2 to help with my Epic Quests

13. Do Tabata Burpees (modified) Tuesday.

14.  Get to 14 days logging my spending (Today is Day 8)

15.  Get to 7 days Gratitude Logging (Today is Day 5)

16.  Set up a Savings Account for my Emergency Fund for the RH mission.

17.  Log outer negative judgments for 5 days (Today is Day 3)

18. Get a Patch for Batch (Batch cook at least 1 meal this week)

19.  Spend 15 minutes in your safe space 2 more times this week. (1, 2)

20. Complete the Building Your Dream Team Quest

21. Don't Drink Your Calories section of the Academy

New Week, New Goals

2. Get to 21 days food logging (Today is Day 18)

3. Three times NF BW this week (Tuesday, Friday, Saturday evening)

4. Reach 21 Days making my bed (Today is Day 17)

5.  7 Days 5-minute dance party in a row (Today is Day 2)

6.  7 Days with 2 Liter Water consumption (Today is Day 2)

7.  Wake up 15 minutes earlier each day to meditate or ease into the morning (Today is Day 2) 

8. Continue with your 30 minutes no electronics waking for 14 days (Today is Day 9)

11. Finish customizing my Batcave #1 since I didn't actually finish the things I set up.

14.  Get to 14 days logging my spending (Today is Day 9)

15.  Get to 7 days Gratitude Logging (Today is Day 5)

17.  Log outer negative judgments for 5 days (Today is Day 4)

New Week, New Goals

2. Get to 21 days food logging (Today is Day 21)

3. Three times NF BW this week (Tuesday (did Tabata burpees), Friday, Saturday evening)

4. Reach 21 Days making my bed (Today is Day 19 )

5.  7 Days 5-minute dance party in a row (Today is Day 1)

6.  7 Days with 2 Liter Water consumption (Today is Day 1) - Really having trouble with this lately

7.  Wake up 15 minutes earlier each day to meditate or ease into the morning (Today is Day 5) 

8. Continue with your 30 minutes no electronics waking for 14 days (Today is Day 12)

14.  Get to 14 days logging my spending (Today is Day 12)

15.  Get to 7 days Gratitude Logging 

17.  Log outer negative judgments for 5 days 

New Week, New Goals

3. Three times NF BW this week (Tuesday (did Tabata burpees), Friday skipped I'm hitting a retry with this next week, Saturday evening - going to take my 2 mile walk tonight)

4. Reach 21 Days making my bed (Today is Day 20)

5.  7 Days 5-minute dance party in a row (Today is Day 1)

6.  7 Days with 2 Liter Water consumption (Today is Day 2) - Really having trouble with this lately

7.  Wake up 15 minutes earlier each day to meditate or ease into the morning (Today is Day 6) 

8. Continue with your 30 minutes no electronics waking for 14 days (Today is Day 13)

14.  Get to 14 days logging my spending (Today is Day 13)

16.  Set up a Savings Account for my Emergency Fund for the RH mission. (I do not have the money to do this until next week)

Final Day of This Week

1. Get to 7 days of 5-minute walks ( Today is Day 1) - Restarted this habit on Monday since I have not been successful

3. Three times NF BW this week (Tuesday (did Tabata burpees), Friday skipped I'm hitting a retry with this next week, Saturday evening - did not go on walk, I'm rethinking how fast I jumped into exercising and thinking about scaling down to 1 workout a week and making sure I take the walks, we'll see - if anyone has advice on this please let me know)

4. Reach 21 Days making my bed (Today is Day 21)

5.  7 Days 5-minute dance party in a row (Today is Day 1) I'm going to work on this after I've master some other habits - mainly walking

6.  7 Days with 2 Liter Water consumption (Today is Day 3) - Started getting back on track, making infused water w/ lemon is really helping.

7.  Wake up 15 minutes earlier each day to meditate or ease into the morning (Today is Day 7) (I really do need to decide on an absolute wake-up time though since it is differing between workdays and non-work days)

8. Continue with your 30 minutes no electronics waking for 14 days (Today is Day 14)

10. If cleared by the doctor, do 2-mile walk Tuesday, Friday or Saturday. (Didn't complete...)

12. Batcave Customization #2 to help with my Epic Quests (I have brainstormed about 12 Batcave changes and implement about 7 or 8, I will be implementing the rest next week)

14.  Get to 14 days logging my spending (Today is Day 14)

16.  Set up a Savings Account for my Emergency Fund for the RH mission. (I do not have the money to do this until next week)

Overall, a fairly good week! Next week I'm going to focus on those 5-minute walks and drinking enough water rather than any other drinks. 

8/5/19 - 8/11/19 Goals

1.  What Inspires You  in the Academy
  2.  Defeat the Sugar Beast - Level 1 in the Academy
  3.  Try a Nerd Fitness Recipe
  4. Scheduling Your Workouts section in the Academy
  5.  Try Your First Workout section and quest
  6. Eat 1 Vegetable with every meal for 7 days (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
  7.  Get to 7 days of 5-minute walks (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
  8. Three workouts this week (1 BW Beginner workout, 2 "others" ) (Mon, Wed, Fri)
  9. 7 days 2 Liter water consumption (Today is Day 4, 5, 6, 7)
  10. Do a 2-mile walk sometime this week. (Think Thursday since you have it off work)
  11. Do your Batcave Customization #2 implements
  12. On payday, set up a Savings Account at the bank for the RH Mission
  13. Do the BW three times this week with fewer reps and harder variations (weighted body squat 3x3, knee push-ups 3x3, one arm rows 3x5 with higher weight, lunges unassisted 3x3 each leg, plank 3x30secs, 3x3 jumping jacks)
  14.  Send or deliver 2 more hand-written notes of appreciation for RH mission
  15.  Get 21 days tracking finances (15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21) 
  16.  Set Daily Intentions every day this week during my 30 minute no-electronics mornings (1,2,3,4,5,6,7)
  17. Continue Mental Mastery Level 1 and complete mission 2 and 3
  18. Cook 3 meals with mise en place (everything measured out first and in it's place) this week (Meal 1, Meal 2, Meal 3)
  19. Reach 7 days with brushing my teeth every night (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
  20. Reach 7 days with PM Skincare (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

There are the goals for the week. I'm about ready to do my first BW workout this week with the harder variations. It's going to suck because I skimped on workouts last week, but I got this.

8/5/19 - 8/11/19 Goals

2.  Defeat the Sugar Beast - Level 1 in the Academy (Defeat 5 cravings with fruit - 1,  (watermelon) 2, 3, 4,  5)
  8. Three workouts this week (1 BW Beginner workout, 2, 3) (Mon, Wed, Fri)
  10. Do a 2-mile walk sometime this week. (Think Thursday since you have it off work)
  13. Do the BW three times this week with fewer reps and harder variations (weighted body squat 3x3, knee push-ups 3x3, one arm rows 3x5 with higher weight, lunges unassisted 3x3 each leg, plank 3x30secs, 3x3 jumping jacks) (1, 2, 3)
  14.  Send or deliver 2 more hand-written notes of appreciation for RH mission (1,2)
  16.  Set Daily Intentions every day this week during my 30 minute no-electronics mornings (1,2,3,4,5,6,7)
  18. Cook 3 meals with mise en place (everything measured out first and in it's place) this week (Meal 1, Meal 2, Meal 3)

Crushed my workout today! :)

8/5/19 - 8/11/19 Goals

2.  Defeat the Sugar Beast - Level 1 in the Academy (Defeat 5 cravings with fruit - 1,  (watermelon)  blueberries, 3 resisted buying gummies at the store and bought raspberries instead, 4,  5)
  13. Do the BW three times this week with fewer reps and harder variations (weighted body squat 3x3, knee push-ups 3x3, one arm rows 3x5 with higher weight, lunges unassisted 3x3 each leg, plank 3x30secs, 3x3 jumping jacks) (1, 2, 3)
  14.  Send or deliver 2 more hand-written notes of appreciation for RH mission (1,2)
  18. Cook 3 meals with mise en place (everything measured out first and in its place) this week (Meal 1, Meal 2, Meal 3)

8/5/19 - 8/11/19 Goals

2.  Defeat the Sugar Beast - Level 1 in the Academy (Defeat 5 cravings with fruit - 1,  (watermelon)  blueberries, 3 resisted buying gummies at the store and bought raspberries instead, 4 raspberries instead of sweetener today!,  5)
  7.  Get to 7 days of 5-minute walks (1, 2, 3, 4 - i was in way too much pain in my ribs to do this today after all the meal prep I did, resetting., 5, 6, 7)
  18. Cook 3 meals with mise en place (everything measured out first and in its place) this week (Meal 1 : Mexican Chicken Chile, Meal 2 : Crockpot Chicken Fajitas, Meal 3: Meatloaf cupcakes)

8/5/19 - 8/11/19 Goals

2.  Defeat the Sugar Beast - Level 1 in the Academy (Defeat 5 cravings with fruit - 1,  (watermelon)  blueberries, 3 resisted buying gummies at the store and bought raspberries instead, 4 raspberries instead of sweetener today!,  5)
  5.  Try Your First Workout section and quest (Did my first Path workout on Friday)
  6. Eat 1 Vegetable with every meal for 7 days (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 -  lunch will be a salad, and dinner will likely be lettuce, onions and peppers, 7)
  7.  Get to 7 days of 5-minute walks (1, 2, 3, 4 - i was in way too much pain in my ribs to do this today after all the meal prep I did, resetting., 5, 6, 7)
  13. Do the BW three times this week with fewer reps and harder variations (weighted body squat 3x3, knee push-ups 3x3, one arm rows 3x5 with higher weight, lunges unassisted 3x3 each leg, plank 3x30secs, 3x3 jumping jacks) (1, 2, 3)   (I only did 1 circuit because I felt like crap and then switched to the Path workout but I'm still counting it)
  14. Send or deliver 2 more hand-written notes of appreciation for RH mission (1,2)
  18. Cook 3 meals with mise en place (everything measured out first and in its place) this week (Meal 1 : Mexican Chicken Chile, Meal 2 : Crockpot Chicken Fajitas, Meal 3: Meatloaf cupcakes)