Seriously? I hate mental health.

I have a whole host of problems.  Let's just boil it down to anxiety.  I was self-medicating with alcohol and the therapist wouldn't work on me while I was drunk.  I went to detox, told them about the anxiety and everything else... they had tried to send me one place and claimed that the next one they suggested was dual-diagnoses.  It took over a week for them to admit that I was in the wrong program.  They were mainly going at things from an alcoholic perspective.  I got transferred, but it still wasn't right and my insurance wouldn't approve it.  Now they were trying to get me into an outpatient program for alcoholism. :(

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

On 7/18/2019 at 3:30 PM, Gobnait said:

I have a whole host of problems.  Let's just boil it down to anxiety.  I was self-medicating with alcohol and the therapist wouldn't work on me while I was drunk.  I went to detox, told them about the anxiety and everything else... they had tried to send me one place and claimed that the next one they suggested was dual-diagnoses.  It took over a week for them to admit that I was in the wrong program.  They were mainly going at things from an alcoholic perspective.  I got transferred, but it still wasn't right and my insurance wouldn't approve it.  Now they were trying to get me into an outpatient program for alcoholism. :(

How are you doing now?

Aside from self-medicating with alcohol, what ways do you try to work through the anxious feelings?

Is the anxiety a general thing that's always there, or is it triggered by specific things and people in your life?