Need Some Feedback on a Writing Idea

Hey guys,

I'm a guy who used to be fat as a kid, but eventually I was able to find my way out through many years of trial and error (thank you Nerdfitness).

I'm happy with my success and I was inspired to start a blog of my own, based on what's worked for me and expert advice.

I'm thinking the blog will be on how to lose weight without going hungry.

Would you guys be interested in something like that?

21 hours ago, Simplefitnessman said:

I'm thinking the blog will be on how to lose weight without going hungry.

Would you guys be interested in something like that?

It's a topic that people seem interested in reading about, but there's also a lot of existing content on that theme already. In fact, there's probably 100,000 pages with tips on losing weight without being hungry. Laying out those tips only takes like one entry. Or maybe three if you draw it out. So you would need other content if you're going to have a whole blog. Then whether or not it's great will depend on the quality of your writing, and whether you have an honest and unique perspective on it that might interest people. And then finding and keeping readers in the wide ocean of existing content is another kind of job, one that you might want to look into if you're serious about blogging. 

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

I think as an overall idea, that's great. Knowing about your journey and how you achieved it would be really interesting. As mentioned above, you've got some serious competition so you'll need to find an angle that works as well as possible, so work on finding the smallest niche you can to make it as relevant as possible for your readers. Conversely if you just want to put it out there and don't really care too much about readership them go for it! Writing a blog can be really fun and interesting. Best of luck, and don't forget to post the link if you take the plunge.

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Writing it down is a great idea.  Writing is always a great idea.  Unless you're writing it with the intent to make money, in which case you might need some other ideas.  Have fun.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.