• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tanktimus the Encourager

Nesting: Tanktimus and Sra. Tanque prepare for Baby Tank

On 8/9/2019 at 3:25 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

**One of my dad's many dad jokes was to refer to this as paramecium cheese. I'm ok with that

My daughter called it Farmer John cheese........when she was 3.

22 hours ago, deftona said:

Didn't you know girls have to wear pink it's the law

How else will random strangers know it’s a girl? (They will still ask, boy or girl.  Even with hair bows and pink everything)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 7/22/2019 at 4:00 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Goal 1: Take lunch to work 15 times. There will be 20 work shifts during this challenge (provided the baby doesn't come early), so that gives me some wiggle room. 

I can't believe the difference it made when I made it a point to eat lunch at home (I work 2 miles from my house), instead of going out every day. 

Congrats on the impending Baby Tank!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

From our Registry, and most of the itmes you see are already bought, in fact the crib we have looks similar to the one in the picture. The mobile , the bedding, the lamp, and the three pieces on the wall have all been purchased.

It looks beautiful. I've been keeping an eye on the registry from this side ;)

Sending you a pm with a question.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rinna said:

That really makes a lot of sense. I'm saying it aloud and it really can sound like that. I want to call it that from now on :D 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I really love the woodland theme.

We do too, very Rangerly.

3 hours ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

I'm so glad that I know about Amazon's geeky baby clothes. This will be what I buy for my babies when I end up having them

We were quite happy when we found them.

3 hours ago, Rinna said:

How else will random strangers know it’s a girl? (They will still ask, boy or girl.  Even with hair bows and pink everything)

Sometimes when people ask what we are having I'll say I'm hoping for a puppy.

3 hours ago, geng shi said:

I can't believe the difference it made when I made it a point to eat lunch at home (I work 2 miles from my house), instead of going out every day. 

Congrats on the impending Baby Tank!

Thank you!

2 hours ago, ElizeElvinFoxRyder said:

It looks beautiful. I've been keeping an eye on the registry from this side ;)

Sending you a pm with a question.

Sent you a pm with an answer.

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

That really makes a lot of sense. I'm saying it aloud and it really can sound like that. I want to call it that from now on :D 

I had to sound it out too.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Didn't you know this is the Nerd Fitness REBELLION?

YES!!!

We are going with purple

Very good, we were doing the same (almost ten years ago, sheesh i'm gettin old), except we didn't knew if it would be a boy or a girl, and my wife loves purple anyway so we already had some stuff in that color, in the end we settled for green!

Spoiler

We went for the "Kelly"-shade in this example!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor shades of green

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Good luck breaking Big Pink’s stranglehold on the baby market.

We're gonna try.

7 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

YES!!!

Very good, we were doing the same (almost ten years ago, sheesh i'm gettin old), except we didn't knew if it would be a boy or a girl, and my wife loves purple anyway so we already had some stuff in that color, in the end we settled for green!

Reveal hidden contents

We went for the "Kelly"-shade in this example!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor shades of green

Green is by far my favorite color, Sra Tanque's is purple. Our wedding colors were actually green and purple; they go well together.

Yesterday was a good day. Not much happened, but it was a good day.

• Like 10

9 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Good luck breaking Big Pink’s stranglehold on the baby market.

We're gonna try. 

Truly, you are doing the Lord's work...

• Like 4

On 8/13/2019 at 7:47 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Our nursery is a woodland theme, mostly green and brown.

91IWAvLUaJL._SX522_.jpg

That's super gorgeous.

(And also super practical, because it can be used for the next on to come along, regardless of what gender he or she is. Blows my mind when people get single use baby stuff.)

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Sometimes when people ask what we are having I'll say I'm hoping for a puppy.

We used to say we hope it is a baby, and left it at that. Most people laughed, waited and then were too nervous to ask again.

• Like 6

Our wedding colors were actually green and purple; they go well together.

It helped so much with my Joker cosplay :D

Wolf

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Truly, you are doing the Lord's work...

RecklessIncompatibleFanworms-small.gif

4 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

That's super gorgeous.

(And also super practical, because it can be used for the next on to come along, regardless of what gender he or she is. Blows my mind when people get single use baby stuff.)

That's exactly one of the things we said.

1 hour ago, GoodDoug said:

We used to say we hope it is a baby, and left it at that. Most people laughed, waited and then were too nervous to ask again.

Yeah, I wasn't worried about the gender of the first one, and am not worried about the second one, beyond a vague thought it would be nice to have one of each, but whatever. Some people are still stuck in the early part of the last century.

1 hour ago, SheriffWolfpool said:

It helped so much with my Joker cosplay :D

Wolf

Everytime I see you as the joker it reminds me of my wedding :) 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Yeah, I wasn't worried about the gender of the first one, and am not worried about the second one, beyond a vague thought it would be nice to have one of each, but whatever. Some people are still stuck in the early part of the last century.

I had to read this a few times because I thought you were saying this is your second baby which I don't think it is, right?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

very cute baby room! 

Thank you!

3 hours ago, deftona said:

I had to read this a few times because I thought you were saying this is your second baby which I don't think it is, right?

The second baby is hypothetical at this point.

Today is a good day. I'm gonna call it and say a workout isn't happening. I didn't sleep well last night (Breathing issues) and I don't have much energy today. If the issue persists I'll probably have a sleep study done and look into solutions. We had our baby visit today and we continue right down the middle of the healthy ranges for everything :D I also cooked dinner. It was simple, I took some beef and seasoned it with salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder then added red wine vinegar and sauteed it in some avocado oil. I also made guacamole inspired by Queer Eye. I took about four avocados and about 4 oz of sour cream, and added salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cumin and mixed it together. I also chopped a heart of romaine and four roma tomatoes and mixed them with salt and pepper. I heated some tortillas on a comal. These are really cool tortillas as they are half flour half corn. I served it all together with shredded cheese.

xAir9ZR.jpg

Those three weren't enough, so I had some more of everything but the tortillas and ate it with a fork.

• Like 14

4 hours ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

I've only had good guac one time and I need to get the recipe from my friend >_>

Or you could visit Texas...

1 hour ago, Raxie said:

OMG YOUR NURSERY AHHHH SUCH CUTENESS!!!!

Andddd now I need tacos.

That's not OUR nursery, it's an add for everything in the set.

• Like 2

On 8/14/2019 at 8:39 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Our wedding colors were actually green and purple; they go well together.

Image result for joker

You don't say

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Teros said:
Image result for joker

You don't say

Technically people wore one or the other, but they do tend to make one think in that direction.

Today is a good day. I went to help Sra Tanque set up her classroom, went grocery shopping, and worked out. I did the KB workout, and did all of the first round and stopped at the end of the second, I ran out of gas and certain muscles in my core started feeling tight like something was getting out of alignment. I almost didn't do the workout at all, so I'm very happy with what I did.

I also made dinner. I started with rice, which I made by toasting the rice in sesame oil and ginger for a few minutes, before adding water, soy sauce and garlic. After that it was bring to a boil, put the lid on and turn to low till done. I then took a pork tenderloin I had sliced thin and cooked that in sesame oil with more fresh minced ginger. I added in some broccoli, carrots and snap peas along with some black bean paste and rice vinegar. I put the lid on it and let the veggies steam. Just before the rice was done I added some arrowroot powder to thicken the liquid. I served them together.

XwxuSkC.jpg

Yet another day where I cook and workout on the same day!

• Like 10

That's not OUR nursery, it's an add for everything in the set.

Yeah but that's the set you're using, right? Which is the cute part hahah. SO ADORBS!!!

11 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I almost didn't do the workout at all, so I'm very happy with what I did.

Good stuff right here :)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Or you could visit Texas...

On my travel list ^_^ I actually know a decent number of people in Texas now, I need to make a point to come down there haha

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Raxie said:

Yeah but that's the set you're using, right? Which is the cute part hahah. SO ADORBS!!!

Good stuff right here :)

I wasn't sure I had communicated clearly.

5 hours ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

On my travel list ^_^ I actually know a decent number of people in Texas now, I need to make a point to come down there haha

Part of my nefarious scheme is to move all rebellion members to Texas, preferably in proximity to me.

Today is a good day. I did NF Yoga water A. I also made lunch with some venison chorizo, into which I scrambled eggs. I served that with shredded cheese, salsa, and the guac from the other day. I heated up a couple of tortillas and ate the rest with a fork. There wasn't enough to take to work, so cafeteria for me tonight.

• Like 9