• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

deftona

Girl, You've Got To Change Your Crazy Ways, YA HEAR ME?! - Deffy #53

Good morning!  I'm sorry to hear that you have family stress, but I am glad that you and your family are working through it.  I hope that gets better for you all.

Seems like it's been a little while since I've heard anything about your lingering illness from heck; how are you feeling?

Happy Tuesday!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Seems like it's been a little while since I've heard anything about your lingering illness from heck; how are you feeling?

Happy Tuesday!

I'm still not back to my old self and being low key ill seems to be my new normal. I have actually been coughing a lot more recently. And thanks! 

7 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

How are you sleeping these days? :love_heart:

Better now I am not fretting but there doesn't seem to be enough sleep in the universe to satisfy me. 

7 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

As Cheetah said, props to your family for actually talking things through. That's difficult for any family, most would sweep it under the rug and pretend it didn't happen.

We've always been very good at talking about stuff. We were raised to be very open and honest which might explain why I sometimes overshare (you've probably all already noticed that I reckon)

5 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Why do you keep the Grandma dress around when you dislike it so? 

There is actually a very good reason that I can't really say here but if you really want to know I can PM you. It's not a very interesting story but the offer is there :)

I shouldn't have to wear that dress again though, fingers crossed. 

• Like 4

Tuesday Update

Since I never get Mondays off I spent all yesterday thinking it was Monday and panicking because I hadn't yet got all the Monday Things done before realising somebody already did those because it was in fact Tuesday. Work should have been a little less stressful but it wasn't because I had to deal with maintenance people, but at least I wasn't on my own to deal with it all. 

I had my first and last early finish for ages but I ended up getting home super late because I got to my car and my seatbelt mechanism had completely jammed and it would not budge. After pulling the side of my car off to get to the mechanism and sitting on the gravel at the train station car park a man came up to me to make sure I wasn't stealing the car. Firstly, if I was a car thief I wouldn't do it in miniskirt because I sacrificed all dignity to be bending over sorting it all out and secondly my car is falling to pieces, I wouldn't be stealing that one. After I had assured him my intentions were good he had a go at releasing it but said he didn't know enough about it and apologised. He also offered to give me a lift home, and when I refused he wanted to leave me his number in case I needed a lift home later. He was a very nice man who seems to have forgotten about the existence of taxis but I was really grateful for his attempt at help. I called TH and my dad who both arrived around the same time and we managed to release it together but it's still pretty stiff. We've oiled it and there seems to be a knack to getting it back out but I still don't trust it so I have taxi money just in case I need to get to town by other means. I have no time to take my car in for the foreseeable future, why couldn't this have happened on Sunday... While my dad was helping me I did blow up my tyres and they definitely needed it because now I feel like I am driving on air which I literally should have been doing all this time had I made sure the tyre pressures were anywhere near where they should have been. 

We got home very late meaning my only early finish for ages completely disappeared. I was tired and a bit pissy, about work stuff and other bits and I was a bit cranky with TH so I sent myself to bed so I'd stop being an a-hole. 

Ragdoll - Food was good - I had waffles and an apple for breakfast, eggs, tomato and cucumber with mayonnaise for lunch and lamb saag with basmati rice for dinner. I was snacky in the evening so I had a couple of crackers with some cheese on them and a Boost (the best chocolate bar in the world) to bring my calories up to a much more sensible amount. 

Back in the Saddle - A workday so on the go. With an unexpected late finish and a lesson in car maintenance. 

F.I.N.E - Who gives a fuck

Eat the Rich - I took cash out for a taxi but I still have it all so I guess it isn't a spend yet. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

That really sucks. I'm sorry you had such a crap day.
Thanks! But you know what, it didn't feel like that bad a day despite the catalogue of errors. I just got in with everything tbh. Best way innit.
  • Like 2

On 8/13/2019 at 6:51 AM, deftona said:

F.I.N.E - You know, I couldn't really give a shit about this goal any more and that's probably been obvious for a few days. 

14 hours ago, deftona said:

F.I.N.E - Who gives a fuck

I think it might be time to give up on this one.

Hope your car doesn't give you any more issues.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Jarric said:

Hope your car doesn't give you any more issues.

Oh it will. He's my main fuckboi now I've stopped messing with Gregg and Ronald. 

15 minutes ago, deftona said:

Oh it will. He's my main fuckboi now I've stopped messing with Gregg and Ronald. 

I'm not entirely sure I understand what your talking about, but I'll revise my statement. I hope your car doesn't continue having this seatbelt issue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not entirely sure I understand what your talking about, but I'll revise my statement. I hope your car doesn't continue having this seatbelt issue.
I knew what you meant, I was being silly. And thanks, me too!
  • Like 1

It seems to me that a lot of Rangers are having old car issues lately.  I'll have to post a picture of mine so everyone else can feel better about theirs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/13/2019 at 1:09 PM, deftona said:

There is actually a very good reason that I can't really say here 

Oh,  a work thing. I thought maybe you actually chose to wear that dress you hate. 

Bummer about the seatbelt clunking out on you,  but kudos for not just saying screw it and driving without it. 

3 hours ago, Cheetah said:

It seems to me that a lot of Rangers are having old car issues lately.  I'll have to post a picture of mine so everyone else can feel better about theirs.

I definitely need to buy a new one but I am trying to wait until I have hit my "minimum savings balance" after buying the house, then I'll buy one. He only really needs to last a few more months but given my MOT is due very soon I think that's a big ask. 

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Oh,  a work thing. I thought maybe you actually chose to wear that dress you hate. 

Bummer about the seatbelt clunking out on you,  but kudos for not just saying screw it and driving without it. 

I had a choice of a small selection of things to wear and I picked the best of a very bad (for me) bunch of options. 

It's a good thing I didn't just drive without it because sod's law - I drove past about a million police cars on my way home and you can bet I'd have been pulled over if I had. 

• Like 2

Wednesday Update

I am still confused about what day it is, yesterday didn't feel like a Wednesday but it didn't feel like any other day either. I had a ton of things to do and I wasn't expecting to make great progress but even though more stuff was being added to my work to-do list as we went, I did pretty well working through it and I am pleased with how much I got done. 

My seatbelt decided to play nicely too so that didn't hold me up much at either end although it takes a lot of coaxing to get it out enough to get around me. I'm going to take it in somewhere as soon as I can but that isn't yet given the shifts I work. It would be helpful in times like these if TH could drive because he was off work yesterday. He made dinner for when I got in after I took a long, hot shower in the dark (I love doing this, it's one of the only good things about it being so rainy it looked like permanent night yesterday) we watched OITNB. It's a great series, I'm very sad it's ending.

Ragdoll - Calories were a little over what Fitbit told me to eat but that's set to lose 2 lbs a week and I am really not bothered if I only lose 1.5 or 1 lb. I had an apple and some waffles for breakfast, eggs, tomatoes and cucumber for lunch and TH made us a veggie burger with beans and sausages and chips for dinner. We had melon for dessert because the cat wanted some. It's her favourite food. She's a bit weird. 

Back in the Saddle - A work day so this was enough. 

F.I.N.E - I did go to work dressed a bit like a haunted Victorian doll yesterday but a lot of my colleagues complimented my outfit so I guess this is a good look for me. 

Eat the Rich - I put to a leaving collection at work but this is all I have spent since I started this goal a week ago. Not too shabby amirite. 

• Like 6

I've been having a harder time keeping track of the days now that they're all so busy.  I'm glad your seatbelt worked!  Stay safe!

• Like 1

Thursday Update

I didn't manage to get much done yesterday but there was a good reason for it so I am not going to beat myself up about it. TH hasn't been having the best time of things recently so I was talking to him as much as I could on and off between doing my responsible things. He was pretty low and normally I would have told him to meet me in the pub but he decided to do that anyway so I bought him some doughnuts on my way back through. They helped more than I thought they would. We also looked at holidays which is a very irresponsible thing to do given we haven't hit our Savings Cushion and if I am spaffing a few grand on something it really should be a car. But at the same time we need that kind of relaxation I think. We'll see... 

Food was good all day despite me really wanting to eat something off plan. The doughnuts were off plan I guess. They took me waaay over on my calories and we have lots left for tonight to ruin today's plan too and probably into the weekend. I might have an easy breezy day today. I think I need that. I feel asleep halfway through a  conversation with Shello but luckily when I woke up she was still around so we picked up where we left off :D

Ragdoll - Breakfast was breakfast biscuits and an apple. Lunch was a cheese and Branston sammich with a cup of tea with coconut ring biscuits to dip in it because I have been craving some weird ass shit recently. Dinner was turkey chilli with rice and I had 2 1/2 doughnuts which wasn't ideal. The half because we cut them all in half and share everything because we're twee as fuck.

Back in the Saddle - A work day albeit a quieter one. 

F.I.N.E - The whole point of this goal is that I find wanting to look better the most motivating thing but I don't actually care how I look right now, or how attractive anyone finds me so right now, this isn't motivating so I am leaving it be. There will come a day when it is again, but that day isn't today. I am going to attempt clothes shopping today though so anything could happen with this going forward. 

Eat The Rich - Just the doughnuts. 

• Like 6

On 8/15/2019 at 8:46 AM, deftona said:

F.I.N.E - I did go to work dressed a bit like a haunted Victorian doll Grizzelda BoPeep yesterday but a lot of my colleagues complimented my outfit so I guess this is a good look for me. 

FTFY and it totally is.

14 hours ago, deftona said:

F.I.N.E - The whole point of this goal is that I find wanting to look better the most motivating thing but I don't actually care how I look right now, or how attractive anyone finds me so right now, this isn't motivating so I am leaving it be.

Here's what I got as options:

1. You already look good, so don't bother.

2. Revisit your why, because clearly you don't give a flying f**k about how attractive someone else finds you.

3. Tell yourself that unkempt brings you a step closer to looking like your current Prime Minister. If that doesn't motivate you, I don't know what will, like, ever.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Tell yourself that unkempt brings you a step closer to looking like your current Prime Minister. If that doesn't motivate you, I don't know what will, like, ever.

Ok I think I have found my why again.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, deftona said:

a cup of tea with coconut ring biscuits to dip in it because I have been craving some weird ass shit recently

The first thing I want to say about that is, coconut ring biscuits dipped in tea sounds awesome, not weird.  And secondly

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Cheetah said:

giphy.gif

Ha everyone thinks I am pregnant right now. My boss, who is also pregnant keeps saying "Can you imagine if we were both pregnant at the same time?!" and then looking at me for a little bit too long because she is convinced I am. 

Also - spoilered for TMI

Spoiler

TH said to me me a couple of weeks ago "that was definitely some successful sperm right there so watch out, you're definitely gonna be pregnant". I reminded him I am on birth control and he said it didn't matter, it was powerless against that level of success. 

Despite his heavy confidence in his stuff, I am not pregnant. LOL. 

I am turning into a soppy mess when I see babies at the moment, but I think the world is sending me the cutest babies it can find in order to make me want to breed. So far my resolve is holding tight. But who knows for how long...

• Like 5