• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Countess D'If

Countess D’If Fights Depression

11 hours ago, Countess D'If said:

Applied to a job. Saw what I think is a repost of a DREAM job I didn't get last time. I'm going to email and ask if it's cool for me to reapply.

I am sorry to hear that the job you took didn't work out> although I am totally in the "Reapply for dream job" if you can. Fingers crossed it works out for you

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Diadhuit said:
14 hours ago, Countess D said:
Applied to a job. Saw what I think is a repost of a DREAM job I didn't get last time. I'm going to email and ask if it's cool for me to reapply.

Don't even email them, just reapply!!

Do you think so? Is that cool? I’m such a waffler and I need permission all the time, for everything, that would never have occurred to me... 

• Like 1

Also I’m back at (poopy crappy) work and I’m full crisis mode. I had a burn out on Thursday and almost quit (which I COULD do, but shouldn’t because rent) so I took a mental health day and a half and had a sincerely lovely time, until about 3:00 yesterday when I realized I had to come back here this morning. 

I’m MELTING dOwN rn. And I’m trying to work through it. I’ll make a list. It’s not like I don’t know what I’m doing. Im just paralyzed by anxiety. As I told some IRL friends, I’ve figured out what the problem is at this job - I am in a constant state of abject terror of being screamed at or fired on the spot. All day. Every day. 

Not cool. 

But also, I have an informal interview/coffee at 11:00 because a friend of mine is a darling human being and hooked me up. 

• Sad 3

Do you think so? Is that cool? I’m such a waffler and I need permission all the time, for everything, that would never have occurred to me... 
I'm 99% sure, the 1% is that if the company is tiny (family business) it might look you don't have attention to details. Otherwise, time has passed and your application will be slightly different anyway. So many people will look at that that at leas one hasn't seen it before. If it is huge they might even have a system that reminds them why they didn't choose you.
You can always write them if you have contacts from last time, saying basically: hey, it was nice meeting you when I applied last time. since this is my dream job it fell on my radar again and I'm applying. Any tips?
I have seen CVs of people that were junior and applied for senior. Few times they got an offer for less money and title... my takeaway is always apply, always boast, never ask permission
  • Like 3

Literally a six attorney company. In A teeny tiny small town. If I just send it off off they’ll 100%  be like, oh, it’s ***** again! I wonder how she’s doing? 

(Not in like a good way or a bad way, just in like a, we just saw each other at Walmart four seconds ago way)

also, may be moot? Keep your fingers crossed for me!!!

• Like 4

Fingers crossed for you!

And you know what, it may have come down to you and one other person last time. So if they see you are still interested that could give you a leg up on anyone else applying. Happened to me. I didnt get a guest relations job, ended up in sales. Heard it had come down to me and one other girl. So when they were hiring again because the girl up and quit I applied again. I got the job. I then quit 6 months later, but eh, we left for totally different reasons.

• Like 2

Ugh, all the depression and anxiety and ups and downs have upset my stomach 

Spoiler

I have really painful gas WAY down low in my abdomen. ugh

But I haven't felt so unstressed fo AGES! Who knew all I needed to do was quit my job?

• Like 6

I was going to say an email might be cool if they were considering you back when but decided to go a different direction. But my email would be "I am reapplying... Take notice y'all"

But nevermind because you got it!!!!  Yay. I didn't even get to cross anything lol 

• Like 1

Ugh, all the depression and anxiety and ups and downs have upset my stomach 
Spoiler

I have really painful gas WAY down low in my abdomen. ugh

But I haven't felt so unstressed fo AGES! Who knew all I needed to do was quit my job?

It is great that you found your stressor out! And bad jobs can really mess with people heads. A former colleague of mine flourished when she left that company and changed career that was really impressive. I still am amazed at how different of a person she even looks! So more confident, and open and happy.
I hope the same will happen to you! And congratulations again!
  • Like 3

On 8/5/2019 at 3:03 PM, Countess D'If said:

Thanks for the finger crossed BECAUSE I GOT IT!!! Eeeeeeeee!

YAY... This is awesome. Congrats, adn I am glad to hear it is helping the depression. It is amazing what a change like this can do.

1280693u08v7yrsea.gif

This may or may not be Countess on her way to court.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry I haven't been around much, I don't have a lot to say! I'm SO much less depressed, but holy moly that workplace is a stress bomb. So I'm at an 11 all the time even though I know there's only; five more days. 

Today I'm chilling out and binging GLOW.

MV5BY2RjYzFkZDUtYzNjNC00MzEyLWFmZmItODc2

• Like 7

I forgot to turn on my alarms for this morning. Oops. 

Then I got midget mayhem ready for her first day of school and I made the Marine wake up and take her to school. 

Then I went to work. 

Then I got a call from the Marine saying school doesn’t start until next Monday. *face palm*

Midget mayhem was PISSED at me, she’s all, “You made me get up early FOR NO REASON!?”

lolz!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Then I got a call from the Marine saying school doesn’t start until next Monday. *face palm*
Midget mayhem was PISSED at me, she’s all, “You made me get up early FOR NO REASON!?”

lolz!

Lol, oops! But at least it wasnt the other way around!
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, RedPandaOne said:

Lol, oops! But at least it wasnt the other way around!

Right! Lolol 

its 4:58. I want to stay in bed. Because bed is nice and the gym is. . . Less nice?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Countess D'If said:

Just let her know it was a dry run to get her ready for next week.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Countess D'If said:

UGH! WHY did a give a full two week’s notice!?!?!?

Because it  is drilled into us as the "right" thing to do, even though "right to work" laws mean that they can fire us at any time?

• Like 2

Alright!

Suit is laid out and ready for tomorrow, alarms are set, gym clothes are on the table, lunch is packed, Coffee is set. Ready to put the last three shitty months behind me and start a new adventure!

source.gif

• Like 7