• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Mike Wazowski

Millennial Mike's Meritorious Melange

Recommended Posts

On 9/4/2019 at 2:38 PM, Raxie said:

It sounds like you're having some super awesome revelations this challenge, and they keep getting more and more in depth and beneficial for you so that's really great :)

Yep, it's definitely been a month full of FEELINGS and EMOTIONS and REFLECTIONS - it's uncomfortable and I don't like it, but I think they're net positive for me. Even if this weekend has been extra rough on the feel-all-the-feelings front (Thursday was an upheaval in the personal life arena, I'm still recovering from it, not always gracefully).

 

On 9/4/2019 at 2:38 PM, Raxie said:

Sorry you're having some Emotions , but it's good you're learning to recognize what triggers this so maybe in the long run it can be something you can soothe on the spot.  But also, keep in mind that some things are triggering because they deserve to be so don't beat yourself up for having strong reactions to things that may rightly be so, if that makes sense.

True, some strong reactions are justified in being strong reactions. And this may have been one of those instances - thankfully, I have good people at my back to help me process.

 

On 9/4/2019 at 2:38 PM, Raxie said:

I'm loving hearing about your coaching with the college kids! That's so darn cool! And yay samba!

Thanks!! I'm having a blast teaching them and experimenting with what will and won't work with how their program is structured and the mix of ability levels and dedication levels walking into my classroom. It all remains to be seen how things'll shake out, but it's been a fun ride so far and I'm hearing really good things from my co-teachers and my students, so it can't be that bad!

 

I guess now is where I reflect and wrap up the challenge? I basically pivoted halfway through, but I feel good about what came of that:

  • I have a CLEAR, CONCISE framework for what matters to me - and by default, what doesn't matter so much as long as nothing has a seismic shift:
    • Dance
    • Personal Relationships
    • Personal Growth (myself and others)
  • I have a lot of GREAT FRIENDS around me who'll rally when I'm having a tough time
  • I did a journal exercise where I listed all the things I love about myself and filled up like 4 pages before needing to get on the road to head to another thing - but I don't think I exhausted all the good things about me which is great! I also have some strategies for naming and recognizing anxiety-ridden meltdowns, which is also great!

 

New challenge:

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:
  •  I did a journal exercise where I listed all the things I love about myself and filled up like 4 pages before needing to get on the road to head to another thing - but I don't think I exhausted all the good things about me which is great! I also have some strategies for naming and recognizing anxiety-ridden meltdowns, which is also great!

<3

 

I've been loving following you, the internal changes really shine through and it's amazing to watch your progress. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Yep, it's definitely been a month full of FEELINGS and EMOTIONS and REFLECTIONS - it's uncomfortable and I don't like it, but I think they're net positive for me. Even if this weekend has been extra rough on the feel-all-the-feelings front (Thursday was an upheaval in the personal life arena, I'm still recovering from it, not always gracefully).

HUGS, BOO. <3 

 

18 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

I guess now is where I reflect and wrap up the challenge? I basically pivoted halfway through, but I feel good about what came of that:

  • I have a CLEAR, CONCISE framework for what matters to me - and by default, what doesn't matter so much as long as nothing has a seismic shift:
    • Dance
    • Personal Relationships
    • Personal Growth (myself and others)
  • I have a lot of GREAT FRIENDS around me who'll rally when I'm having a tough time
  • I did a journal exercise where I listed all the things I love about myself and filled up like 4 pages before needing to get on the road to head to another thing - but I don't think I exhausted all the good things about me which is great! I also have some strategies for naming and recognizing anxiety-ridden meltdowns, which is also great!

EEEE. :D Amazing. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

<3

 

I've been loving following you, the internal changes really shine through and it's amazing to watch your progress. 

<3 thank you, it's really great having a community of nerds I can vent to digitally about ALL THE THINGS.

 

1 hour ago, raptron said:

HUGS, BOO. <3 

<3 thanks boo! <3

 

1 hour ago, raptron said:

EEEE. :D Amazing. 

:D:D:D but really - I'm super lucky to have all the good friends I have in my life. Does it suck going through a heartbreak? Absolutely. But did it bring me closer to friends and make me realize how many people have my back, unconditionally? That's an emphatic hell yes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

I did a journal exercise where I listed all the things I love about myself and filled up like 4 pages before needing to get on the road to head to another thing - but I don't think I exhausted all the good things about me which is great!

 

Love this so much!!! <3

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.