• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CourtnieMarie

CM goes vague

2 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

• unpack some boxes
    • wow. flail. i did clean up some of the basement and tossed two huge trash bags of stuff left from the previous owner. also cleaned the 3rd floor which hasn't been done since the water damage.

This sounds good, though?

not a super productive week and i'm feeling bad about it. hm. overall challenge was fine especially on the dad front. i did get to the gym a couple times but it ended up being a hassle to get to. i have a free day pass to a nearby WOW

I googled WOW and only found world of warcraft. Are you lacking a regular nearby gym? 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Harriet said:

This sounds good, though?

yes! it was good to get that stuff started. a benefit to moving into a multi-fam with friends is that clean up time can be fun.

14 hours ago, Harriet said:

I googled WOW and only found world of warcraft. Are you lacking a regular nearby gym? 

9 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

Maybe it's this gym? https://wowfitness.org/ 

Looks kind of scary to me....

scaly's right... i wish it were world of warcraft. just a big open space with training weapons and targets.

i don't mind big box gyms as long as they have the basics for me. free weights, squat racks and really i can make it work. this WOW is 7 mins from my house and surprisingly has 4 stars on google reviews. it's open 24 hours and is cheap. the problem is getting there to try it out for free first.

i also want to try out the LA Fitness which is 3 mins from my house but much more expensive (group classes, pool, spa yadda yadda)

• Like 2

19 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

sunday i did try harder with some broccoli and snap peas in my breakfast and a big kale salad for lunch.

Yum. 

i have a free day pass to a nearby WOW but i'm assuming i have to go when someone's actually working the desk which probably isn't at 5am. i say probably because they don't have freaking hours listed anywhere for that and the day pass doesn't say anything about when i can come in but if no one's there i won't be able to get in the door, right? at least that's how it works at my current gym.

Have you tried calling to ask about their staffed hours? :abnormal:

I know it's 2019 but gyms are usually hanging out in the past. 

i don't mind big box gyms as long as they have the basics for me. free weights, squat racks and really i can make it work. this WOW is 7 mins from my house and surprisingly has 4 stars on google reviews. it's open 24 hours and is cheap. the problem is getting there to try it out for free first.

Sounds like there is POTENTIAL!

36 minutes ago, raptron said:

Have you tried calling to ask about their staffed hours? :abnormal:

I know it's 2019 but gyms are usually hanging out in the past. 

oh sorry you're being too logical :P i actually emailed them this morning after my complainy rant and they said anytime because they always have staff on duty!

2 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

oh sorry you're being too logical :P i actually emailed them this morning after my complainy rant and they said anytime because they always have staff on duty!

PERFECT!

20 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:
  • unpack some boxes
    • wow. flail. i did clean up some of the basement and tossed two huge trash bags of stuff left from the previous owner. also cleaned the 3rd floor which hasn't been done since the water damage. Spouse put away a giant bag of coats/sweatshirts while i was visiting dad yesterday so thank goodness for help.

Just for the record, your 'flail' seems mighty productive to me :)

3 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

i wish it were world of warcraft. just a big open space with training weapons and targets.

10/10 would gym here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Just for the record, your 'flail' seems mighty productive to me :)

haha thanks for the perspective. it was definitely productive! just not quite what i set out to do. as it so often happens!

annnnnnd i'm off in the next challenge!

• Like 1

On 9/10/2019 at 7:06 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

scaly's right... i wish it were world of warcraft. just a big open space with training weapons and targets.

AND BARBELLS!

• Like 1