• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

CourtnieMarie

CM goes vague

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Our pup has iron fortitude, but between the 4 cats, the hairball fallout can get intense at times. (Apparently, I can sleep through anything but that particular sound.)

 

That's your brain applying its survival instinct to your electronics, carpet, and furniture...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Our pup has iron fortitude, but between the 4 cats, the hairball fallout can get intense at times. (Apparently, I can sleep through anything but that particular sound.)

 

13 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

 

That's your brain applying its survival instinct to your electronics, carpet, and furniture...

 

definitely. i wake up immediately if pup is throwing up in the middle of the night which maybe is a similar sound? i agree it's at least some kind of parent/survival instinct :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

i wake up immediately if pup is throwing up in the middle of the night which maybe is a similar sound?

 

I have yet to hear my dog throw up (and hope to keep it that way!), but this is surprisingly accurate, both in sound and body language:

 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

 

I have yet to hear my dog throw up (and hope to keep it that way!), but this is surprisingly accurate, both in sound and body language:

 

hahaha totally forgot about that scene - my dog is less wheezy and more back of throat type sounds... i won't go into more detail in case folks read NF while they eat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first time I saw that scene i laughed so hard, I had to pause the movie. :D

 

The people who created that character, both personality and movement, are definitely cat people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the plan.

M: dry cleaner/tailor

T: yoga; visit dad; prep food for camping

W: bw circuit; Medicaid appt

T: dr. appt; camping prep

F: groceries, camping

S: camPING

S: CAMPING

 

so yeah! i did yoga yesterday morning which included glute bridges, i think... but i also did glute bridges as part of my circuit this morning so either way, i got it in. we sliced kielbasa last night and froze the pieces which will be one of our potluck dishes camping. we'll add pineapple chunks and sautee them in a disposable pan on a grill. i also made the dressing for our second side dish which will be a salad of crucifers, apple, sunflower seeds.

 

0-ozzy-20.gif

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

i also made the dressing for our second side dish which will be a salad of crucifers, apple, sunflower seeds.

 

I am so impressed by the sophistication of people who make side dishes. Also, thank you for reminding me that pineapple exists and can go in main meals. I must meditate on this knowledge. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Harriet said:

 

I am so impressed by the sophistication of people who make side dishes. Also, thank you for reminding me that pineapple exists and can go in main meals. I must meditate on this knowledge. 

yes! i love a spicy chili with pineapple, or your basic ham and pineapple, or sweet & sour chicken, pineapple salsa, or pineapple in tacos... yaaa 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahhh, have a fun camp trip! You guys are basically pros with this food prepping and all of that! So impressive. :D 

 

Hope the second medicare appt was more helpful than the last person who just referred you down the line! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2019 at 4:55 PM, raptron said:

Ahhh, have a fun camp trip! You guys are basically pros with this food prepping and all of that! So impressive. :D 

 

On 8/30/2019 at 9:19 AM, Mad Hatter said:

Have fuuuuuuuun campiiiing! :D 

 

thanks! it was a blast as always. beautiful weather until monday. gorgeous stars and even a glimpse of the northern lights. great people and food and drinks :D 

 

On 8/29/2019 at 4:55 PM, raptron said:

Hope the second medicare appt was more helpful than the last person who just referred you down the line! 

it was! i've retained them :)  they jumped into full gear and we're moving forward.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Great that you’re getting help now. :) 

 

21 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

and OMG YES!!! That's so exciting on the medicare front!

 

it REALLY is! i have a list of things to do but i'm so glad for it. they're manageable and i know getting them done will put us in the right direction instead of flailing about aimlessly. they also gave me a 62.5% discount because they said I had my shit together (they wouldn't have to pull teeth for documents) and the fact that my siblings and I aren't getting the house when my dad passes. i thought that was lovely that they adjust their flat fee to the client's means.

 

 

sooooooo what am i doing? i thought last week was week 4. is this challenge a week longer? i'm so confused.

 

week four:

  • workout
    • one 15 min yoga session, body weight circuit, and apparently 16 minutes of "sport" on sunday while camping. idk what that was... oh! polish horseshoes?? lolllll
  • sleep: TV off by 8pm for Mon-Thurs. Fri -Sun in bed by midnight 11/15 nights. hopefully we get an average of 7h30m
    • i was actually in bed by midnight on fri but not saturday or sunday. and i did not get to sleep at reasonable times during the week. sleep average was unfortunately only 7h12m. it was definitely a packed short week.
  • eat vegetables
    • friday i had tuna over shredded cabbage, saturday i grilled a ton of my aunt's garden zucchini with chicken sausage for lunch and had coleslaw with my dinner. sunday was less veg packed but i did have my crucifer salad as part of my dinner.
  • meet with Medicaid specialist
    • yep! retained! on the move.
  • unpack some boxes
    • not so much. i did take out 4 very old tee shirts from my pajama drawer and put them in the "does not fit" tub. the shirts are nostalgic so not sure i want to toss them yet.
  • sell some clothes
    • still waiting to hear from thredup on my first bag of stuff, it does say they got it though.

 

another short week ahead and i haven't really planned anything out yet. i am crossing things off the medicaid to-do list though!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2019 at 10:36 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

it was! i've retained them :)  they jumped into full gear and we're moving forward.

YAY!!

 

15 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

sooooooo what am i doing? i thought last week was week 4. is this challenge a week longer? i'm so confused.

We've switched to a 5 week format! :)

 

15 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

another short week ahead and i haven't really planned anything out yet. i am crossing things off the medicaid to-do list though!

And it's a big one!! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

i thought that was lovely that they adjust their flat fee to the client's means.


That is surprisingly altruistic and pro-social. 
 

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

sooooooo what am i doing? i thought last week was week 4. is this challenge a week longer? i'm so confused.


The challenges levelled up. They are now 5 week challenges. 
 

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

 

  • sell some clothes
    • still waiting to hear from thredup on my first bag of stuff, it does say they got it though.


You and @scalyfreak have both mentioned thredup and now I'm curious. Let us know how it works out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, raptron said:

We've switched to a 5 week format! :)

oooOOOooo back to it then!

 

17 minutes ago, Harriet said:


That is surprisingly altruistic and pro-social. 

right? either that or they knew how much was in my dad's bank account (which they did) and chose a number below that amount. but still, considerate either way.

 

17 minutes ago, Harriet said:

You and @scalyfreak have both mentioned thredup and now I'm curious. Let us know how it works out.

i will! i sent in mostly non-brand stuff so i'm not too hopeful, but at least i know the clothes will get recycled properly either way.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

i will! i sent in mostly non-brand stuff so i'm not too hopeful, but at least i know the clothes will get recycled properly either way.

 

That is exactly my thinking as well. If I get something for them, great. If not, it's still better than the alternative. :)

 

Have you bought from them before? I never have, and no one I know outside the internet even seems to have heard of this site.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

Have you bought from them before? I never have, and no one I know outside the internet even seems to have heard of this site.

i haven't! yet... and i actually haven't asked too many IRL folks about it. my biggest concern is that nothing ever fits right on the first try and I haven't researched their return policy if there is one. i might start with a purse or something similar!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

i haven't! yet... and i actually haven't asked too many IRL folks about it. my biggest concern is that nothing ever fits right on the first try and I haven't researched their return policy if there is one. i might start with a purse or something similar!

 

https://help.thredup.com/en_us/order-return-policy-HkwA1UVTN

 

:)

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

right? either that or they knew how much was in my dad's bank account (which they did) and chose a number below that amount. but still, considerate either way.

I'm so so glad to hear this! Would really feel like a big wave of relief for me.

 

Also, *love* the idea of thredup, but I'm definitely someone who can't wear most off-the-rack stuff - perks of a dorito shaped upper body haha. (also, I think they only do women's clothes?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mike Wazowski said:

I'm so so glad to hear this! Would really feel like a big wave of relief for me.

IT IS :D

 

4 minutes ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Also, *love* the idea of thredup, but I'm definitely someone who can't wear most off-the-rack stuff - perks of a dorito shaped upper body haha. (also, I think they only do women's clothes?)

you're right, they do women and kids... which is annoying when Spouse's wardrobe is half "men's" clothing :rolleyes: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

week five:

  • workout
    • one 15 min yoga session, and a 1.4 mile jog on friday. 
  • sleep: TV off by 8pm for Mon-Thurs. Fri -Sun in bed by midnight 11/15 nights. hopefully we get an average of 7h30m
    • i was only in bed by midnight on sunday. and i did not get to sleep at reasonable times during the week. again... i went out hard and late on friday and saturday. though lots of fun, i had some anxiety about it on sunday. sleep average was even worse than the holiday week, 7h7m
  • eat vegetables
    • saturday i had fritos for breakfast and pizza for late lunch/linner. sunday i did try harder with some broccoli and snap peas in my breakfast and a big kale salad for lunch.
  • meet with Medicaid specialist
    • yep
  • unpack some boxes
    • wow. flail. i did clean up some of the basement and tossed two huge trash bags of stuff left from the previous owner. also cleaned the 3rd floor which hasn't been done since the water damage. Spouse put away a giant bag of coats/sweatshirts while i was visiting dad yesterday so thank goodness for help.
  •  sell some clothes
    • nope. i am picking up some dry cleaning this week which i will then try to sell. and i also have to go check in at the local consignment shop to see if any of my stuff sold from last month.

not a super productive week and i'm feeling bad about it. hm. overall challenge was fine especially on the dad front. i did get to the gym a couple times but it ended up being a hassle to get to. i have a free day pass to a nearby WOW but i'm assuming i have to go when someone's actually working the desk which probably isn't at 5am. i say probably because they don't have freaking hours listed anywhere for that and the day pass doesn't say anything about when i can come in but if no one's there i won't be able to get in the door, right? at least that's how it works at my current gym.

 

i better shape up!

 

cdn1.theodysseyonline.com&s=821&h=c49f6e

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.