• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

h3r0

h3r0 gets some armor

Light Stretching 

Not a true mobility workout. Just rolled around on the floor for a while this morning stretching out my back. 

2705276.main_image.gif?strip=all

Cravings for nicotine peaked last night and I ended up eating an entire pizza by myself. Ugh feel sick from doing it. Mentally I am still foggy and I know that will last another week before it tapers off. Tonight I am going to dose myself with melatonin and get some sleep. 

Feeling a little beat up and not as energetic as I usually do even in a calorie surplus. Going to dial back my workout to 3 times a week and see how it goes. 

• Like 1

injuries_clipped_rev_1.png?resize=500,47

FUDGE FUDGING FUDGE! 

So I twisted my ankle bad. Like swollen to the size of a softball and can't walk on it bad. Got x-rays and it at least isn't broken but doctor said it was probably some ligament tears. Uuuggggghbbbbb! 

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, h3r0 said:

injuries_clipped_rev_1.png?resize=500,47

FUDGE FUDGING FUDGE! 

So I twisted my ankle bad. Like swollen to the size of a softball and can't walk on it bad. Got x-rays and it at least isn't broken but doctor said it was probably some ligament tears. Uuuggggghbbbbb! 

Alas! How long will it take to repair?

15 hours ago, Harriet said:

Alas! How long will it take to repair?

No clue. Stopped throbbing, still swollen, still can't put weight on it. Sigh... 

• Like 1

175403.jpg

Ankle has turned purple and black and still pretty swollen. Did a few push ups and situps just because I am tired of laying with my foot propped up. Hopefully this will heal up in a week. 

It's been 5 days since I have had any nicotine. Getting easier but still having cravings. 

• Like 2

5bb92ffa9570f.jpeg

Hero crept through the shadows, avoiding many of the monsters and dangers of the dungeon until at last he approaches the chamber that brought him here. A lone torch burns on the far wall, throwing light on the chest. Hero creeps stealthily up to chest and seeing no traps makes short work of the lock with his theives tools. The lid of the chest pops open and there before him is what he seeks, a set of beautiful leather armor with metal studs. This will be a huge improvement over the padded shirt that he currently wears.

Suddenly the unseen trap springs into action, a large vise clamp unseen in the floor snaps down on your ankle. Pain rushes through your body and as you get your ankle free you see the chest and armor burst into flames. You manage to crawl away just as they are quickly consumed into ashes. 

-1 Constitution 

-5 Mobility 

Armor Lost

Goal Adjustment

So it has been 3 days and my ankle is still messed up. I had been holding out hope that I could just jump back into my challenge after a few days but it doesn't look like that is going to happen and if I could, it would probably be a bad idea in the long run. So revised my goals this challenge. 

#1 MINI CHALLENGE - complete 

#2 Poison Master Badge 

On track. 

#3 Diet

Swing back to a calorie maintenance or slight deficit, otherwise I'd just get fat this month. 

#4 Rehab and Rebuild 

Rest the ankle the rest of the week and then begin with ankle rehab exercises. As it progresses add more body weight exercises in with a single leg focus. 

Probably over kill but I don't want to have a weakness that pops up in the future when I start hitting it hard again. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Ow. Owie ow ow. Looks like you have good revised goals and I hope that you are back on your feet soon!

Thanks. I have actually never sprained a ankle before so this is a new experience for me. 

4 hours ago, Harriet said:

The revised goals make perfect sense. Alas. 

Yeah, sometimes you gotta roll with the punches. 

299efa46afcb05025ec935a7d96944c8.png

I did too much walking around on it yesterday. It is angry this morning. 

Rehab

Flexes

Alphabet 

Towel toe crunches

Towel Stretch

Combat stretch 

I also ordered a set of those elastic bands to start on ankle strength. 

Food 

2,000 kcal 

133g protein 

Nicotine 

Tomorrow will be a week. The brain fogginess is just now starting to get better. 

----------------------

Completely off topic, but has anyone ever used one of those steel maces for working out? I saw a video of one and seemed like it would be fun. 

• Like 2

152-1527715_red-potion-png-healing-potio

Ankle still hurts and still have swelling but finally starting to be able to walk around normally. Must be healing because it is starting to get tight and I am losing range of motion in my ankle. I am starting to get frustrated because I really just want to go workout. 

Food

2,200 kcal 

130g protein 

Went over maintenance yesterday. 

Nicotine 

Today it has been a week without any nicotine. I get small windows of not even thinking about it but still having brain fog and finding myself in the kitchen mindlessly looking for something but can't find anything that I want. 

Rehab 

Flexes

Alphabet 

Toe scrunches

Combat stretch 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, h3r0 said:

Nicotine 

Today it has been a week without any nicotine. I get small windows of not even thinking about it but still having brain fog and finding myself in the kitchen mindlessly looking for something but can't find anything that I want. 

Excellent! Hopefully the mindless kitchen wandering will disappear in time.

dice-bottles-fi.png

Ankle was so tight and stiff this morning. Most of the foot swelling has gone down but still have bands of swelling following the tendons around the ankle. 

Rehab 

Toe scrunches

Combat stretch 

Band pulls up/down 

Band pulls left/right 

Training 

So depressed. Did a quick round of pushups, hip lifts, and squats and my range of motion is terrible. My ankle has me leaning way forward on the squats. I am happy that I can do a squat again but it is going to take a while to get my ROM back. Going to do a mobility workout tomorrow. 

Food 

2,300 kcal 

118g protein 

Over maintenance again by 300 calories. I blame nicotine withdrawal. 

Nicotine 

I want it. I want it. I want it. Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!!! 

• Like 2

e67o7o80goaz.jpg

Stiff stiff stiff this morning. 

Rehab 

Flexes

Combat stretch 

Towel stretch 

Band pulls up/down 

Band pulls keft/right 

Mobility workout 

NTC - Open Rotation 

Pigeon pose 

Squat hold 

Oh wow, that felt so good. I did a few test goblet squats and it was good. Might try to actually workout Sunday. 

Food + Nicotine 

So yesterday was rough for some reason. I didn't give in but I did take it out on food and way over ate all day. 

• Like 4

ed7c1e73e17324e182995ac05ad1af44.jpg

The ankle is mostly healed. Still weak, slight swelling, and sharp pain if I turn it in a certain direction but otherwise can walk and move like normal. 

I worked out! 

Rehab 

Combat stretch 

Band pulls front/back 

Band pulls left/right 

Training 

It has been a little over a week since I have been able to work out so took it easy and will take it easy all week. 

1x10 KB Complex 

3x8 OHP @70#

2x8 bench press @115# 

1x10 curl @45# 

• Like 2

e8d03cec27eba2a4b5831a8fd606ae49.jpg

Training Day 

3x10 goblet squats 

3x10 KB press 

3x8 bench press @115# 

2x10 curls @45# 

2x10 KB row

Food 

Yesterday was the first day that I have met my calorie intake and not pigged out

2,000 kcal 

155g protein 

Nicotine 

Still feel like something is missing but getting easier 

• Like 1

44f80da2d1ab06068b9831d639cf5705.png

I didn't take my anti inflammatory yesterday because I really didn't think I needed it any more. By early evening my ankle was pretty swollen. So I went ahead and took it again. 

Kettlebell Fun Day

1x10 KB upright row

2x5 KB landmines

3x20 swings

1x12 curls @45# 

KB Flow:

(clean, reverse lunge, landmine, half get up) 

• Like 2

70059c8dceedd1299032f70b8b6d0f2e.jpg

Mobility + Rehab 

Tried to do a yoga routine but couldn't finish it. Anything with my foot stretched out and trying to put weight on it hurts my ankle pretty badly. Like sitting back on my heels is just not going to happen. Funny how almost everything else around it is fine but certain angles or activities are not. 

Flexes

Towel stretch

Combat stretch 

Pigeon 

Band pull front / back 

Band pull left / right 

Food and Weight 

My eating has been off the rails. Typically I am very good about meeting calorie targets but nicotine withdrawal has been tougher than I expected for longer than I expected. I have gained 8 pounds. Some of it is good weight, but most of it isn't. 

• Like 1

e01e4dcba5727b3bfd5d100893168a90.jpg

Training Day 

1x10 KB goblet squat

2x10 Offset KB squat (left / right) 

1x10 Double KB front squat 

3x8 OHP @75#

2x10 close grip bench @75#

2x10 curls @50#

Nice workout this morning 

• Like 3

gxfpQmM.jpg

Strength Day 

2x5 Trap bar deadlift @200#

3x8 bench press @120# 

2x10 curls @50# 

First time I have deadlifted on the ankle, it did good. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, h3r0 said:

Strength Day 

2x5 Trap bar deadlift @200#

3x8 bench press @120# 

2x10 curls @50# 

First time I have deadlifted on the ankle, it did good. 

How are you doing squatting on the ankle? That always seemed to be the most challenging lift for me, when facing an ankle sprain. I just can't get down deep enough, since hte anklecan't move in the right direction.

Congratulations on healing though. Sounds like it's progressing nicely.