*ding* Mako's Leveling Up~!

makotoisle

Bah! Tough break man, sorry to hear it. But yeah, best thing is to be super-careful, and let it heal right. Don't set yourself up for chronic pain.

No doubt you'll kick additional ass on your life goal stuff. and yeah, just adapt as needed. GREAT time to work flexibility/mobility, and it'll likely shore you up again it happening again.

Keep your spirits up; you'll be hitting it hard again soon enough!

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." --GK Chesterton

Domine, non sum dignus ut intres sub tectum meum, sed tantum dic verbo et sanabitur anima mea...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jbaileysewell

: (

I feel for you. Really. It's bloody awful to be ready, willing, and completely unable to do things you KNOW are good. Especially during a Challenge, for heavensakes!!

Deep breaths, you'll heal soon enough. Better to take it easy and recover properly. Ice, heat, much sitting, don't aggrivate it. Don't push yourself just to try to get some excercise in. Easy stretches at most!

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

I snapped out of my funk kinda sorta today. I realized that just 'cause things aren't working out exactly as I had wanted them to wasn't a reason to be mopey.

There you go. It's really easy to get waaaaaay down the hole when something derails your plans, but I'm glad to see you turning things around. I also wouldn't worry about a day here or there where your diet isn't 100% what you planned. You're not going to burn off all your muscle in one day if you don't eat until 7 or 8pm.

As to weight training, obviously a strong core helps, but that's why you start with low weight and work your way up. As you learn the lifts and slowly increase the weight, your core develops along with your other muscles. I'm very new to lifting myself so I don't want to throw any specifics out there, but I know there are some pros on here that might be able to give you ideas for a basic starting program. I'm currently doing something similar to Stronglifts 5x5, which you might want to take a look at to get some ideas. The guy who developed that program is also very much a proponent of "anyone can do this program: just start small and gradually, but regularly, work your way up."

That being said, I would wait until your knee heals up before embarking on something like that. The setback is frustrating, but I firmly believe that knees do not fall into the "I can push through the pain" category. That's how knee replacement happen. :)

"Did you go to the gym when you were alive?"
"I died in 1938. For exercise, we drank sloe gin and smoked Lucky Strikes."
- Dead Like Me

I had a slight mishap on my journey; my legs buckled, I caught an edge, and literally landed on my face going down the steepest hill during the fastest run of my trip. I now have a black eye, a fractured cheek bone, and I feel like a truck hit me. But you know, regardless, I feel great. I feel like I've reboot myself. And I feel like I have a plan.

woah! take it easy this week and let yourself recover :)

“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Awesome, Mako. So glad you're feeling better and newly focused. Good larvae!

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

Thats so awesome, Mako. You're doing great! I hear you on the meat thing, ran into something similar a bit ago. You're getting a good variety of flyers (chicken, eggs, turkey), walkers (beef, pork, other), and swimmers (fish, shelly things, things with tenticles)? Sometimes being sick of "meat" is your body's way of saying "okay, seriously, enough with the hamburger and eggs".

- Seneca, 63 AD

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines