• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

JustCallMeAmber

JustCallMeAmber gifs freely

Pull-up—practice negatives twice/week. Pretty straightforward. I want to be able to do a pull up at some point in my life. Whenever I’ve gotten close, I get distracted and wind up losing ground. Negatives are a good place to start, and have the added benefit of grip training

. (Will allow substitution of banded chin-ups or ring rows if my brain throws a hissy fit.)

giphy.gif

That seems about right.

Do NOT skip core—if have to trim it from the morning sesh, add it to the evening routine. It's usually really short, so the 'I don't have time' excuse only goes so far.  Also practice V ups since I’m rather terrible at them at the moment. Once weekly is sufficient for now.

giphy.gif

Build a better chaturanga. I yoga every day. I can spend a couple of minutes working on doing things more smoothly. I'm hoping this will help me be more focused on what I’m actually doing and not just killing time staying in shavasana for the whole session.

giphy.gif

Ok, maybe not quite there yet..

DEFEND THE SLEEP. Continue to commit to the PB pod life. It’s better to eat 2 or 3 pods than elbows deep into the jar, because eating too much right before bed makes for poor sleep. Poor sleep leads to poor performance/motivation/productivity/brain function.

giphy.gif

Read 2 books by the end of the challenge. More is preferable, but this feels realistic and y’all know I wind up getting library books auto-downloaded when I try and put specifics to reading goals. This goal comes with one caveat related to the above mentioned goal; 9pm firm curfew. Any later than that and I start rolling down the hill. (You know this one, right? “Oh, just one more page… Well, maybe one more... Right, I meant one more CHAPTER... Oh, crud its 2AM and I gotta get up in 3 hours!”)

giphy.gif

DAILY DARES for the PvP

Rolling goals:

Daily Devo.

Daily Duolingo. Bonus points for doing both languages.

Daily Skin care.

Walking. 8,000 steps minimum. Bonus level: 10,000. 

#Yoga365 730 1095. Bonus level: 2 sessions/day.

giphy.gif

• Like 5

Go ahead, gif it to us. Those are some nice goals. I'd also like to be able to do pull-ups. One day. Somewhere. Over the rainbow. But OMG what is happening to the woman in the yoga gif???? Oh. Oh no. Nope, that's not right. 

• Like 1

Pull-up—practice negatives twice/week. (Will allow substitution of banded chin-ups or ring rows if my brain throws a hissy fit.) Check, but only once since I didn't post until Wednesday. I did do ring rows as part of regular programming. The negatives were done Saturday. Current plan is Tue/Sat for these.

Do NOT skip core—Check!  Also practice V ups once/week. Check!

Build a better chaturanga. I yoga every day. I can spend a couple of minutes working on doing things more smoothly. I'm hoping this will help me be more focused on what I’m actually doing and not just killing time staying in shavasana for the whole session. Check...mostly. I call foul because I had 'help' from one cat twice (so far) and the dog AND the cat once.

DEFEND THE SLEEP. Continue to commit to the PB pod life. Check!

Read 2 books by the end of the challenge. 1st in progress. Guess what? It was auto-downloaded on Friday! I can't make this stuff up. 9pm firm book curfew. Check!

DAILY DARES for the PvP Check!

Daily Devo 7/7

Daily duo 5/7. Bonus: 5. I always seen to do well until the weekend. Ah well. For now it's fine. I'm making progress still. That's what matters.

Skin care 3/7. I made a tiny error in that I actually did not log this goal AT ALL. Ahem. That's to be remedied.

Walking. 7/7. 8k steps 92 weeks straight. 10k bonus: 5.

#Yoga365 730 1095 . 7/7. Bonus 5. Don't forget front split practice Nope! I was content with hamstring stretches.

Considered Saturday to be a great success. Went to a party for my bro and SIL and only evacuated to the upstairs once. #introvertsurvivalstories. Considering there were many people (and it was hot, which doesn't help with claustrophobia in my experience) I felt like I did well. Also ate my bodyweight in barbecue and the closest thing to a veggie that was available was the guacamole I brought. No regrets.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

On 8/2/2019 at 3:03 PM, CourtnieMarie said:

i like your unrestrained choice of gifs :D 

giphy.gif

I shall endeavor to continue in such a manner

On 8/2/2019 at 3:28 PM, Harriet said:

Go ahead, gif it to us. Those are some nice goals. I'd also like to be able to do pull-ups. One day. Somewhere. Over the rainbow. But OMG what is happening to the woman in the yoga gif???? Oh. Oh no. Nope, that's not right. 

Pull-up solidarity FTW! :)

And honestly, that woman is either a contortionist or has hyper mobility in allll of the joints. All of them.

• Like 1

May I ask, what is the PB pod life? All I can come up with is tide pods full of peanut butter but I doubt that is correct. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, h3r0 said:

May I ask, what is the PB pod life? All I can come up with is tide pods full of peanut butter but I doubt that is correct. 

Lol. You are actually not far off the mark! They are little tupperware-style containers that I fill with peanut or almond butter. I have a rather serious tendency to over do it if left to my own devices, so they are a way to help me eat enough but not too much (like half a 40oz jar in a single serving too much :lol:).

• Like 2

22 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

i'm so tempted to post the pb gif...

you know the one...

i'll just spoiler it

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I do appreciate the spoiler though, so thanks for that :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Week 1 in the books:

Pull-up—practice negatives twice/week. (Will allow substitution of banded chin-ups or ring rows if my brain throws a hissy fit.) Check, but only once. I went for a run on Saturday instead. But I did do ring rows as part of regular programming.

Do NOT skip core—Check!  Also practice V ups once/week. Check!

Build a better chaturanga. I yoga every day. I can spend a couple of minutes working on doing things more smoothly. I'm hoping this will help me be more focused on what I’m actually doing and not just killing time staying in shavasana for the whole session. Check!

DEFEND THE SLEEP. Continue to commit to the PB pod life. Mostly on track here, though I had one fairly serious 'oops' yesterday. It is still trending in the right direction, and not letting that one miss slow me down.

Read 2 books by the end of the challenge. 1st one down, 2nd in progress. 9pm firm book curfew. Check!

DAILY DARES for the PvP Check!

Daily Devo 7/7

Daily duo 5/7. Bonus: 5. Mmhmm, mmhmm, weekend blah blah weekend.

Skin care 5/7. Better. Not great, but better.

Walking. 7/7. 8k steps 93 weeks straight. 10k bonus: 7. :)

#Yoga365 730 1095 . 7/7. Bonus 3. Don't forget front split practice ... Forgot to not forget. <_<

So this was a week. Survived Target back-to-school crowd without major incident. Did pretty well with goals overall. But, had a whirlwind of things and feels this week.

Spoilered for length:

Spoiler

My Grandpa was put in the hospital Wednesday with dehydration-related symptoms. As it turns out, he has pneumonia. At 87, that's no bueno. He's been in failing health for several years, and has gotten increasingly frail. Naturally we prepare for the worst. Thursday he was pretty good, despite having to be upgraded from progressive care to ICU and still on high concentrations of oxygen. He even ate an entire Hershey bar for lunch. Friday he was worse, slept pretty much the whole day, as they tried to wean him down off of such high concentrations of oxygen. Saturday AM the doctors said he wasn't going to get better, that whatever type of pneumonia he has doesn't respond to treatment, etc. basically he's dying, we're just going to try and keep him comfortable. We went to see him Saturday afternoon, and while he slept the entire time I was there, according to my uncles, he had been awake and talking normally and had been able to eat his lunch. (Not what I expected at all, TBH.) Yesterday he was able to sit in the recliner for 2.5 hours and eat fairly normally. (We are keeping him stocked on candy bars too. He so dramatically underweight, the nurses said whatever he can eat, eat it.) All of this to say, I don't know? It's hard to process. When my other Grandpa passed, it was sudden, so there was shock and such. But, there was no uncertainty. No question of if he does continue to improve, what's the next step? They're meeting with hospice today, just to get a better idea of what would be the next step. Likely wouldn't be able to go home if he's going to have to be on oxygen permanently, not without a live-in nurse or something like that. But again, that's if he even makes it through, because that's not guaranteed.

I will say this: my family is pretty awesome. My uncles, my aunts, my mom and Grandma have been amazing through this whole thing. Even my cousins, the ones who live too far to make it for the holidays, they've pitched in wherever they could. One even drove 8 hours just to spend some time with everybody. Grandma's been in good spirits, and with as much family surrounding her as possible, there's been a lot of laughs and stories and "oh, do you remember that time we...?" Grandpa's even joked around with the nurses and the rest of us when he's been awake.

So yeah. That's why I slept for 12+ hours Saturday night. We'll take things a day at a time.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

On 7/31/2019 at 1:24 PM, JustCallMeAmber said:

DEFEND THE SLEEP.

Right there with ya. So far, I've managed me sleep goal pretty good :)

On 7/31/2019 at 1:24 PM, JustCallMeAmber said:

giphy.gif

LMAO! Jack Black cracks me up. He goes through like 70 different facial expressions here :lol:

On 8/6/2019 at 11:30 AM, JustCallMeAmber said:

They are little tupperware-style containers that I fill with peanut or almond butter.

That sounds like a great idea...accept if you end up -

On 8/6/2019 at 11:30 AM, JustCallMeAmber said:

(like half a 40oz jar in a single serving too much :lol:).

But still...PB and AB is sooooooooo good!

Wolf

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your granddad. It's great that everyone is visiting and helping out, though. Your goals are looking mostly on track, so that's good. And your attitude toward the PB misstep is ideal. 

• Thanks 1

aww man sorry to hear about your Grandpa, but it sounds like you have a really great family. Hopefully you all can support each other through this difficult process 

• Thanks 1

On 8/12/2019 at 2:28 PM, SheriffWolfpool said:

Right there with ya. So far, I've managed me sleep goal pretty good :)

LMAO! Jack Black cracks me up. He goes through like 70 different facial expressions here :lol:

That sounds like a great idea...accept if you end up -

But still...PB and AB is sooooooooo good!

Wolf

Yeah, it's amazing how much not getting enough good quality sleep can throw everything else off. Glad you've been able to keep on target with your nap goals!

Lol. He is pretty amazing! :D

Ah, yes, you've hit the nail on the head there. Peanut butter is my favorite food group, hands down.

On 8/12/2019 at 5:06 PM, Harriet said:

Sorry to hear about your granddad. It's great that everyone is visiting and helping out, though. Your goals are looking mostly on track, so that's good. And your attitude toward the PB misstep is ideal. 

On 8/13/2019 at 12:39 PM, miss_marissa said:

aww man sorry to hear about your Grandpa, but it sounds like you have a really great family. Hopefully you all can support each other through this difficult process 

22 hours ago, GoodDoug said:

Hugs for you and your family!

3 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

lots of love and support for you <3 "next steps" are always the hardest to figure out.

Thanks so much all of you! I appreciate it more than I can say! :)

Despite the doctors telling us that he would not get any better, he seems to be doing just that. I'm not a doctor obviously and I think we're all still in the one day at a time mindset, but they've drastically reduced the amount/concentration of the oxygen they were having to give him and late yesterday they downgraded him from the ICU to the progressive care unit.

The nurses have been really amazing too, and the meeting with hospice eased some of the concerns about whether they would have to put him in a nursing home if he leaves the hospital. (Not necessarily. They said he could get whatever he needs; everything from a hospital bed to any of the equipment they're using to treat him at the hospital, plus nurses to check on him, etc. all in their own home. That was a relief since there was a fear that if he had to go to a nursing home, he would probably just... give up.)

Thanks again y'all, and praying that he continues to improve!

• Like 4

Week 2:

Pull-up—practice negatives twice/week. (Will allow substitution of banded chin-ups or ring rows if my brain throws a hissy fit.) Check!

Do NOT skip core—Check!  Also practice V ups once/week. Not this week. Sorry but it takes a stronger woman than I to do that during sharks.

Build a better chaturanga. I yoga every day. I can spend a couple of minutes working on doing things more smoothly. I'm hoping this will help me be more focused on what I’m actually doing and not just killing time staying in shavasana for the whole session. Check! Also been working on cow face pose, which seems to target  the outside of my hips more than it used to.

DEFEND THE SLEEP. Continue to commit to the PB pod life. Mostly on track here, though I had one fairly serious 'oops' as soon as I bought new stores. I suppose that is the risk for as long as I continue to eat it.

Read 2 books by the end of the challenge. 1st one down, 2nd one finished, 3rd one done and 4th one in progress. This is what happens when you wind up getting ALL OF THE AUTO-DOWNLOADS. Ahem. So anyway, we're ahead of schedule for once. 9pm firm book curfew. Check!

DAILY DARES for the PvP Check! This finished up on the 14th.

Daily Devo 7/7

Daily duo 5/7. Bonus: 5. Mmhmm, mmhmm, weekend blah blah weekend.

Skin care 6/7.

Walking. 7/7. 8k steps 94 weeks straight. 10k bonus: 6

#Yoga365 730 1095 . 7/7. Bonus 2. So, extras weren't really on my priority list this week. Don't forget front split practice ... Forgot to not forget again. <_<

Quick update this time. I'm on call this week whilst the boss is out of town, so a bit busier than normal. Grandpa is still doing pretty well. They moved him from the hospital to the rehab facility that's next door (coincidentally the same place both of my Grandmas have spent time recouping in the last year or so). He's still on oxygen, but it's down to 3 liters. Seems to be holding his own pretty well, so we're very pleased! :)

Catch up with y'all soon!

• Like 3

On 8/21/2019 at 1:51 PM, CourtnieMarie said:

SO MUCH READING!

giphy.gif

This is what happens when all the books I forgot I wanted to read suddenly come into my possession, with a timer counting down.

giphy.gif

But on the upside, I finished the 4th one last night lol

• Like 1