• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

JustCallMeAmber

JustCallMeAmber gifs freely

19 hours ago, Harriet said:

QTF. Sleep is the difference between my being an ordinary, somewhat lazy human and my being a sea cucumber of pure invertebrate indolence. 

Well, I was going to go with 'oatmeal brain' but I quite like your descriptor and will happily steal borrow it.

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, GoodDoug said:

That was beautiful...

giphy.gif

• Like 2

On 8/26/2019 at 11:09 AM, JustCallMeAmber said:

The great thing about library books is that you don't have to invest anything but a little time, and if you find you aren't enjoying a book you don't have any obligation to finish it

That goes for all books, not just borrowed ones. I'm not in school anymore, so no one can force me to read books I don't want to read anymore either.

Life is too short to suffer books we don't enjoy.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

That goes for all books, not just borrowed ones. I'm not in school anymore, so no one can force me to read books I don't want to read anymore either.

Life is too short to suffer books we don't enjoy.

Thanks! That is an excellent point. I think I'm getting increasingly cheap as I get older because I feel more obligated to stick with something that I paid money for, even if it's attempting to slog my way through a book I'm not getting as much enjoyment as I thought I would. I should remember that my time is a far more valuable resource. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

I should remember that my time is a far more valuable resource. :)

Our time is the most precious resource of all. That's why we pay someone to do tedious busy work we could learn to do ourselves (changing the oil on my car comes to mind), because we want to spend our time on other things.

I have learned to look at my priorities in how I spend my time, as an important part of my self- care. Going to the gym takes priority over almost everything else, for example. Re-reading a book I thoroughly enjoy takes priority over watching a TV show I'm not enjoying as much. And so on. :)

• Like 4

On 8/26/2019 at 4:49 PM, Harriet said:

QTF. Sleep is the difference between my being an ordinary, somewhat lazy human and my being a sea cucumber of pure invertebrate indolence. 

This is TOO REAL for me today - I got not enough sleep and I am a complete, unapologetic slug.

Week 4:

Pull-up—practice negatives twice/week. (Will allow substitution of banded chin-ups or ring rows if my brain throws a hissy fit.) Check!

Do NOT skip core—Check!  Also practice V ups once/week. Check!

Build a better chaturanga. I yoga every day. I can spend a couple of minutes working on doing things more smoothly. I'm hoping this will help me be more focused on what I’m actually doing and not just killing time staying in shavasana for the whole session. Check!

DEFEND THE SLEEP. Continue to commit to the PB pod life. 2 missed during week 4, BUT no misses since Friday, so I'm on a 4 day win streak.

Read 2 books by the end of the challenge. 6 books completed. 9pm firm book curfew. I did stay up a bit late on Friday, but since it was the weekend, I was ok with that.

DAILY DARES for the PvP Check! This finished up on the 14th.

Daily Devo 7/7

Daily duo 4*/7. Bonus: 4*

Skin care 4*/7.

Walking. 7/7. 8k steps 96 weeks straight. 10k bonus: 7. Two weeks in a row :)

#Yoga365 730 1095 . 7/7. Bonus 4*. Don't forget front split practice ..YAY I REMEMBERED! :lol:

*So I failed to log ANYTHING for 2 days. Bonus scores assumed I did NOT do the thing, but I may have. At least between Fitbit and MFP I can backtrack. Duo doesn't go far enough back (only keeps the most recent 7 days).

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Week 5 (wut):

Pull-up—practice negatives twice/week. (Will allow substitution of banded chin-ups or ring rows if my brain throws a hissy fit.) Early part of the week, done. Remembered I was supposed to do on Saturday...at 10pm. Nope. Did not do.

Do NOT skip core—Check!  Also practice V ups once/week. Nope. But these are also being added to regularly scheduled programming, so that takes care of that moving forward.

Build a better chaturanga. I yoga every day. I can spend a couple of minutes working on doing things more smoothly. I'm hoping this will help me be more focused on what I’m actually doing and not just killing time staying in shavasana for the whole session. Check, though I did get a little more slack over the weekend.

DEFEND THE SLEEP. Continue to commit to the PB pod life. I missed yesterday. But, full 7 days between, so I think I'm getting better.

Read 2 books by the end of the challenge. 6 books completed. 9pm firm book curfew. Again, last night, I pushed a little on this. I still made it to bed on time, so I'm ok with this.

DAILY DARES for the PvP Check! This finished up on the 14th.

Daily Devo 7/7

Daily duo 5/7. Bonus: 5

Skin care 6/7. This is probably going to be even more important because more grip training is being added.

Walking. 7/7. 8k steps 97 weeks straight. 10k bonus: 7. 3 weeks in a row. :) Also, I've become fiercely protective of daily walks at work. Important to my mental health, evidently.

#Yoga365 730 1095 . 7/7. Bonus 5. Don't forget front split practice No. No workout on Saturday, save yard work. HIIT trimming of shrubbery is a thing, right?

Whee 5th week! Great news first: Grandpa got to go home Saturday! :D They were able to completely wean him off the oxygen (well, I mean, he still BREATHES, but you know what I mean..) and he's doing really well. (There was also some discussion about the merits of stopping by the hospital on the way home and having Grandpa moonwalk by the doctor that said he wouldn't get better. ) Grandma stayed with us for most of week 5 since my uncles both had to go out of town and she didn't want to stay by herself. She was just.. radiantly happy to be back home with Grandpa.

I feel like this was a good challenge overall. I didn't ace it by any means, but I checked a bunch of boxes, got a little bit better at the things I worked on, and didn't set myself an insurmountable or unsustainable to do list. Got through a bunch of books, cooked a lot more than normal, did pretty well with my eating habits and dressed my cat as a sunflower because reasons. All good things!

giphy.gif

See you on the other side! ;)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Whee 5th week! Great news first: Grandpa got to go home Saturday! :D They were able to completely wean him off the oxygen (well, I mean, he still BREATHES, but you know what I mean..) and he's doing really well. (There was also some discussion about the merits of stopping by the hospital on the way home and having Grandpa moonwalk by the doctor that said he wouldn't get better. ) Grandma stayed with us for most of week 5 since my uncles both had to go out of town and she didn't want to stay by herself. She was just.. radiantly happy to be back home with Grandpa.

This whole paragraph made me smile. :)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

This whole paragraph made me smile. :)

same!

15 hours ago, Harriet said:

Excellent news about your granddad. And your cat looks very fine in its outfit.

wait, where is the picture, i was going to ask for a picture because obviously.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Really I need no prompting to share cat pics. This way you can get a sense of how big he is too. (Sorry, the photo is a little blurry/dark and I got caught mid-laugh

Gorgeous! I also have a big, red, fluffy one with white socks . The pic doesn't show how big she is, but she's 12-13lb. Huge ginger fluff monsters forever.IMG_1876.thumb.jpeg.ff5d6e02de27e43b6e4aa63f8efb94b2.jpeg

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Harriet said:

Gorgeous! I also have a big, red, fluffy one with white socks . The pic doesn't show how big she is, but she's 12-13lb. Huge ginger fluff monsters forever.IMG_1876.thumb.jpeg.ff5d6e02de27e43b6e4aa63f8efb94b2.jpeg

She's beautiful! I love how regal her posture is too :D

• Like 1