• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GoodDoug

GoodDoug Role Queue's for Support

19 hours ago, GoodDoug said:

Even when I eat crap (like I did yesterday) I track it.Which for me is the real sign of success in tracking.

Yeah I tend to so 'fuck this' and stop tracking alltogether if I screw up.  Good on you.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Teros said:

Yeah I tend to so 'fuck this' and stop tracking alltogether if I screw up.  Good on you.

I've done this many times, so I get you. I've been trying to change my mindset to remember that it is much more valuable to do when it is harder.

• Like 4

Woot for tracking even when you aren't staying on plan. So tempting to not. I find that when I do log it, that helps me get back on track. If I don't log it, I tend to just keep eating

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

I find that when I do log it, that helps me get back on track. If I don't log it, I tend to just keep eating

Amen!

• Like 1

GoodDoug was close to the front line now, he had passed many Rebels on his way. They had ordered a full retreat and it was a race to get there before the front line was overrun and they couldn't get the wounded out. The guild leader had tasked him with getting as many of the wounded out as possible, "Carry them out in a huge wheelbarrow if you have to!"
He was running at a slow pace, he knew he needed to conserve his energy, but he also knew he needed to get to the front line quickly. As he got close, one of the Warrior Guild leaders tried to stop him to tell him to turn around, he showed his healers badge and was let in. He now felt like one of the Healers Brigade, the ones that went to where the fighting was thickest, the ones that were the last to leave. He was surprised to feel more proud than scared.

Went for a short run this morning, a little over two miles, but didn't walk at all, ran the whole time. Felt pretty good... my back felt/feels fine. I think it was good that I pushed myself to get out there and yet didn't push myself to run faster. Huge win for me.
Did a shortened form of my mobility and handstand workout and got a good round of juggling in. Didn't work on anything new today, just focussed on doing well with the simple tricks I've gotten good at. Focussing like that showed me some areas I need to improve upon, two balls in my left hand is really shaky and I need to beef that up before I can work on the next trick I have planned.

I've decided that if I do well in this challenge, I will reward myself with the GMB Elements program. That can be a part of my next challenge as well. I do well with rewards...

• Like 11

1 hour ago, GoodDoug said:

I've done this many times, so I get you. I've been trying to change my mindset to remember that it is much more valuable to do when it is harder.

So. Much. This. Amazing outlook :)

43 minutes ago, GoodDoug said:

Didn't work on anything new today, just focussed on doing well with the simple tricks I've gotten good at.

Great job.  It's so hard sometimes to not just go after the new shiny things, but we've got to keep chipping away at the basics!

43 minutes ago, GoodDoug said:

I will reward myself with the GMB Elements program.

Yes!! Love a good reward.  I've heard such good things about this program too!

• Like 1

Elements is killer!!  (I think I said that exact thing in my last post??  Jeez Shaar get it together)

Also thanks to our mobility chat, I did a good 30 minutes of mobility work and stretching yesterday and it was the best thing ever and I need to remember how much that helps everyday life!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoodDoug said:

Went for a short run this morning, a little over two miles, but didn't walk at all, ran the whole time. Felt pretty good... my back felt/feels fine. I think it was good that I pushed myself to get out there and yet didn't push myself to run faster. Huge win for me.

I feel like finding that kind of balance is so foundational to just about everything in life. Knowing when to push yourself and when not to is probably one of the best skills you can develop. Good for you!

What is this GMB Elements program? Sounds interesting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aquarii said:

What is this GMB Elements program? Sounds interesting.

GMB Elements is a program that I've heard quite a bit about that is great for mobility. It tries to focus on strength, flexibility and control in equal measures. It seems to borrow a bit from the animal movement crowd, but with all of the endorsements I've been getting, I am excited to try it once this challenge is over.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GoodDoug said:

GMB Elements is a program that I've heard quite a bit about that is great for mobility. It tries to focus on strength, flexibility and control in equal measures. It seems to borrow a bit from the animal movement crowd, but with all of the endorsements I've been getting, I am excited to try it once this challenge is over.

Ahhhh, ok. Now that I look at the site, maybe I have heard about it before. Looks like fun. I always love the idea of choosing rewards that are investments back into yourself and your goals. 

23 hours ago, Teros said:

My tracker only goes up to 2300.   Once I've consumed more than that it breaks.

So weird, right?

20 hours ago, GoodDoug said:

two balls in my left hand is really shaky

Me too!  Oh wait...

tenor.gif?itemid=4424915

I love what I'm seeing here.   Such a good, grounded, sense of balance right now.    Very well done!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Starpuck said:
23 hours ago, GoodDoug said:

two balls in my left hand is really shaky

Me too!  Oh wait...

Using my left hand feels like cheating... wait, we are still talking about juggling, right?

• Haha 3

GoodDoug the half-ogre was exhausted. He had gotten into a rhythm of searching for wounded Rebels, getting them stabilized enough to travel then picking them up and running them back to the retreat staging area. He was making mistakes and learning, but the other healers only noticed his successes and not his errors. He felt good, he had helped people from all of the guilds, he felt like he was doing good work.

He had run for quite a bit without finding any new casualties, he needed to head back, but was worried about missing someone. He heard some rustling up ahead and instinctively went into a defensive crouch, putting away the bandages he was carrying and drawing his sword. Soon a small figure came limping out of the woods, followed by one of the dinosaur raptors that had been sent to harry the Rebellion's retreat. The beast hadn't noticed the half-ogre yet and so GoodDoug quickly, but quietly hurried to intercept. The figure was a Halfling and had an obvious hip injury, that injury caused him to trip. The raptor would be on him in a moment... so GoodDoug bellowed a challenge at the beast and charged. 

Luckily, this caught the beast off guard and the half-ogre quickly cut it in two. Knowing that these beasts travel in packs, he scooped up the Halfling, knowing that the action would cause him tons of pain, and ran back to the retreat staging area.

The Halfling winced, he was wearing a Scout Guild badge, "They are sending in goblins, lots of them. We have to get out now before they overwhelm us..." he trailed off, having delivered his message.

Went for another run this morning... hmmmmm... I don't really have running as part of this challenge, and yet I am running well... the past two challenges had running in them and I never really was able to swing it...

Anyways, doing well and feeling pretty good about it. I've been doing handstands and juggling. I've been meditating and doing my mobility exercises so pretty good all around. I need to remember that part of my challenge this time is to insert more creativity into my life. It's been hard as I am really tired when I get home from work. It is hard to start something new when you are drained... I'll have to think on that.

Work has been a bit of a struggle as well as I have been finding it hard to knuckle down and do these things I need to do. I get that way sometimes... not sure if it is burn-out, laziness, or something else. Speaking of which, I should stop hanging out here now and get back to work!

• Like 6

Maybe the lack of "HAVE TO" run is making it more like, "I WANT TO" run.

(Which are words I have never in my life uttered hehe.)

I get that way with work too.   I call it my worker bee mojo.  Sometimes I have tons of it.   Sometimes my bee is like 'F dat queen!'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/8/2019 at 4:09 PM, GoodDoug said:

Anyways, doing well and feeling pretty good about it. I've been doing handstands and juggling. I've been meditating and doing my mobility exercises so pretty good all around. I need to remember that part of my challenge this time is to insert more creativity into my life. It's been hard as I am really tired when I get home from work. It is hard to start something new when you are drained... I'll have to think on that.

What kind of creative things are you trying to do? Is there a way that you could set up your space to reduce friction/barriers to make it as easy as possible to work on even when you are tired?

• Like 1

On 8/8/2019 at 10:09 PM, GoodDoug said:

It's been hard as I am really tired when I get home from work. It is hard to start something new when you are drained... I'll have to think on that. 

So true. One option is to wake up a tad bit earlier to buffer some time for yourself when you're fresh. Not easy either but...

• Like 1

On 8/10/2019 at 9:23 PM, Aquarii said:

What kind of creative things are you trying to do?

This question brings up a good point in that "creative" isn't very specific or measurable. I've been getting into more drawing, hadn't lettering, there is always woodworking and designing new things for that, and sewing. I also need to get back into knitting. So maybe it is just hard to choose what I want to be doing... maybe I need to narrow my focus to a couple of things.

11 hours ago, @mu said:

One option is to wake up a tad bit earlier to buffer some time for yourself when you're fresh.

Hah! I am already waking pretty early and using that time for working out. Too many things to do and not enough hours in the day...

• Like 3

GoodDoug the half-ogre looked around. They had completed the retreat and had gotten all of the wounded out. Many thanked him for his work, as he walked his rounds in the rebellion healers tent.This was their second retreat, their first hold had to be abandoned as the Enemy sent in a huge tide of goblins. Where all of these goblins came from, nobody could say.
GoodDoug found the dargonborn healer that had been hid mentor in healing and asked quickly, "Yezza has an infection, it looks like a standard infection, but isn't getting better with our standard wraps."
"Yezza... that's the one that was bitten by the raptor you killed?" GoodDoug nodded, "There seems to be a hint of magical plague in that bite, I was worried about that. Talk to Tyriel about getting a wyrm-moss wrap. Wyrm-moss has some anti-magic properties and can help against those kinds of ailments."
GoodDoug was happier than he had been in a while. He felt like he had a real purpose. He was also happy to be part of a group working together. Many of the healers asked him for help with strength based tasks a few were coming to him as an expert on dinosaur inflicted injuries. It felt good to be part of a team.
GoodDoug approached the station where Tyriel was working, "Hail Tyriel, Godronna said I should talk to you about wyrm-moss wraps..."
Tyriel sighed, "I can make more, but I need more wyrm-moss. You'd need to go out and find some. But the closest batch is smack dab in the middle of the goblin horde."
GoodDoug sighed, "Well, I guess I'm heading out there, tell me where and what to look for."

Week 1:

• Juggling - Erryday! I think it is good to have something like this that makes me practice something difficult.
  • Handstands - Again, erryday! Getting better at it
  • Track food - Doing well with this
  • Rings workout - Did it twice which was nice. But it might have been good to do at least one more.
  • Mobility work - Every day, some days got a little more than others, but I feel so much better.
  • Creativity - I did some, but I need to define this a bit more
  • Meditate - Almost every day I rode the bus to work I spent time meditating
  • Keep up on the forums - Did a pretty good job of that
  • Running - Did this twice and enjoyed it. Ready to try some more this week
  • Lift - I may try something this week

I pushed myself a bit, but could push a little more.

For the creativity line item... I will have to think on that a bit more. But other than that, I feel like I've done well this week. Thnx all for checking in!

• Like 7

Quick update

I'm feeling a little weak right now. Monday was great but the past two days have just felt a little off. My back is feeling a little twingy, and I am taking it easy because of that. My handstands were getting better, but I've had a harder time with them the past couple of days. I'm pretending that it is because I am about to make a breakthrough ;)

Same with juggling, I feel like I had plateaued and then regresses a bit.

I know that real success comes from pushing through these hard parts.

Mobility has been good, and again, I need to make sure I keep moving through this while keeping my back safe. It is a dance trying to push myself without pushing too hard.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GoodDoug said:

I'm pretending that it is because I am about to make a breakthrough ;)

Or it's because you are about to make a breakthrough.

Keep pushing forward, and remember that sustainable progress is made by pushing consistently, not by pushing hard. As long as you are moving forward you are making progress, so listen to your body and take it easy if you need to.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Jarric said:

Or it's because you are about to make a breakthrough.

Keep pushing forward, and remember that sustainable progress is made by pushing consistently, not by pushing hard. As long as you are moving forward you are making progress, so listen to your body and take it easy if you need to.

Thnx Jarric!

Here's another update:

Still thinking on the story part of this, I'm thinking of getting some help to go get the wyrm-moss to keep up with my story theme.

Did my mobility, handstands, and juggling this morning and pushed myself a bit. Part of my issue with handstands is hitting that fear again. I though about it after my first set of kickups and realized I was coming down early when I started to wobble. Thinking about it gave me some perspective... wobble is inevitable. I need to do it in a wobbly fashion before I can do it without wobble. Once I stop wobbling, it will be time to take it to the next level. So, I let myself wobble and got a good few seconds in. It wasn't pretty, and there was a bit of panic, but I did it.

Juggling was good as well. I am learning to see the progress I am making and remembering to have fun while doing it. I did my basic warmups and then tried a new trick. It is an easy trick, but it will be foundational to new tricks. I have another trick I am learning, but I need to get over the frustration part. It is a bit more difficult than I am used to progressing on, but I think it will be good for me.

I spent a few minutes following some jugglers on Instagram and that is inspirational and intimidating. I need to remember that the work is the reward.

I keep thinking about running and then deciding I don't want to right now. I'd do it later but it is really hot in our area right now... even where we are next to the beach it is getting pretty hot. Maybe I'll get motivated once it cools down tonight...? We'll see. 

Also, trying to push myself doing push-ups for the Ranger mini-challenge. For not having done strict push-ups in a while, I'm surprised at how I am doing. So, yay?

Thnx all for your comments and Likes. It really does help.

• Like 4