• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Diadhuit

Diadhuit moves in (1/2)

So this challenge I'll start moving in my house, but not completely as there will be some works done to plumbing and I might not get heated water then.

1) Eat proteic breakfast

2) Eat lunch at 1ish even at weekends

3) Eat dinner: with proteins and/or veggies and/or fruit

4) Sleep enough

5) Take two days a week not doing anything work/house related after work

6) Do something that makes me happy

• Like 8

Nice continuation of last challenge :). What kind of stuff do you do that makes you happy? I need more of that in my life as well ;).

• Like 2

Nice continuation of last challenge . What kind of stuff do you do that makes you happy? I need more of that in my life as well .
Good question! It really varies. I enjoy crochet, cooking and eating, walking in nature, meditating, colouring, taking a bath (in a bathtub), hula hooping, programming, chatting with friends, dancing, do nothing.
I'm sure I forgot something...
I include self-care in the make you happy, so hair grooming, hair cutting, feet bath are all included.
  • Like 3

Friday:
1) Eat proteic breakfast - yes
2) Eat lunch at 1ish even at weekends - yes
3) Eat dinner: with proteins and/or veggies and/or fruit - no. Felt having fish, but couldn't make a decision on the restaurant and ended up in a fast food instead. Ate a big meal and then went to a supermarket for dessert (apple turnover and chocolate twirl) and then had some tortillas. I think it was tiredness...
4) Sleep enough - yes, I fell asleep at 9pm to wake up at 7am... but I still feel tired
5) Take two days a week not doing anything work/house related after work
6) Do something that makes me happy - no

• Like 2

Saturday I woke up really tired even if I slept enough
2) Eat lunch at 1ish even at weekends - yesish
3) Eat dinner: with proteins and/or veggies and/or fruit - no. Unless dried fruit counts! I had a lot of dried prunes and dried dates. I think it was the tiredness again
4) Sleep enough - yes, I fell asleep at 10pm to wake up at 7am...
5) Take two days a week not doing anything work/house related after work - 0/2
6) Do something that makes me happy - hula hooping with a friend in my garden!

Today todo list is:
- laundry
- put away dry clothes
- prepare a box of books to bring to the house
- clean my bedroom/loo a bit (it's disgusting!)
- shower
- hair care
- see a friend for coffee
- I might check out a tabletop game group
- find something to do tomorrow

Writing it here because I'm trying to avoid it

• Like 4

That's a serious todo list for a rest day! 

33 minutes ago, Diadhuit said:

Saturday I woke up really tired even if I slept enough

I'm always tired the first day after I slept well. After the second night of good sleep I start to feel energised again.

• Like 2

Tomorrow it's bank holiday, so one more day rest!!

- laundry 1/2 loads in the washing
- put away dry clothes - not yet
- prepare a box of books to bring to the house - yes, and realised it will have to go under the bed for a while
- clean my bedroom/loo a bit (it's disgusting!) - just a bit, but I'm ok with that. I did go through some documents and steam ironed one piece of clothing. My mind is already lighter. Cleaning is self-care sometimes
- shower - about to
- hair care
- see a friend for coffee - leaving in an hour
- I might check out a tabletop game group
- find something to do tomorrow - weather is supposed to be good, so I want to go outside. Botanical gardens or Killiney hill are good options, depending on energy

I'm too tired lately, and sleeping 10h per night seems not to be any better.
I think it's stress and sleep apnoea but I hate the lingering headache.

• Like 4

You're so busy and productive. I spend my rest days playing video games, lol. Well, at least sometimes that means a few hours walking around town with Pokemon Go, and that's active, at least, but lately it's been too hot to even consider it. You're really knocking it out of the ballpark, though! Keep it up! 

• Like 2

You're so busy and productive. I spend my rest days playing video games, lol. Well, at least sometimes that means a few hours walking around town with Pokemon Go, and that's active, at least, but lately it's been too hot to even consider it. You're really knocking it out of the ballpark, though! Keep it up! 
The problem is finding balance, being productive while resting to avoid burning out!

- laundry 1/2 loads in the washing
- put away dry clothes - not yet
- prepare a box of books to bring to the house - yes, and realised it will have to go under the bed for a while
- clean my bedroom/loo a bit (it's disgusting!) - just a bit, but I'm ok with that. I did go through some documents and steam ironed one piece of clothing. My mind is already lighter. Cleaning is self-care sometimes
- shower - yes
- hair care
- see a friend for coffee - yes
- I might check out a tabletop game group - decided to skip this one in favour of some house shopping
- find something to do tomorrow - weather is supposed to be good, so I want to go outside. Botanical gardens or Killiney hill are good options, depending on energy
  • Like 3

Sunday
1) Eat proteic breakfast - yes (protein shake)
2) Eat lunch at 1ish even at weekends - no, I had cake at 2
3) Eat dinner: with proteins and/or veggies and/or fruit - yes, was craving fish, so I went to a moroccan restaurant
4) Sleep enough - yes, I fell asleep at 10pm to wake up at 7am...
5) Take two days a week not doing anything work/house related after work - 0/2
6) Do something that makes me happy - went for cake with friends, went to a church, cleaned the house a bit (delayed happiness)

Today todo list is:
- laundry - yes
- put away dry clothes - no
- prepare a box of books to bring to the house - yes
- clean my bedroom/loo a bit (it's disgusting!) - yes
- shower - yes
- hair care - yes
- see a friend for coffee - yes
- I might check out a tabletop game group -decided not to
- find something to do tomorrow - yes

So the other news is that I decided to go for an improptu date, and no, not a good match, but I was prepared for that. So one hour wasted instead of having regrets. Not a bad deal!

• Like 3

I am so happy you are finally getting ready to move in. Here to follow along. And look at all the stuff you are getting done.You are doing great so far.

I am so happy you are finally getting ready to move in. Here to follow along. And look at all the stuff you are getting done.You are doing great so far.
Thanks! It has been a long journey, and I start seeing the destination (well, at least a bit).
More to come in few weeks, when I will get some works more defined.
Over all, I think I'm happy to say I want to move, but not stress too much about it...
  • Like 1

Monday - bank holiday
2) Eat lunch at 1ish even at weekends - yesish
3) Eat dinner: with proteins and/or veggies and/or fruit - yes, was craving fish again, it's odd because 'I don't like fish' and I just started taking omega 3 etc. But I'm honouring my hunger and went to an Italian restaurant. Note to self: check if you can find a fish/shellfish cooking course (as for now I'm just too scared to even try)
4) Sleep enough - enough hours, but not feeling rested
5) Take two days a week not doing anything work/house related after work - 0/2 - I would count it as a yes, but I planned my talk a little (basically I recorded myself giving it and added vocal notes, loads of 'lost train of though' here and there) and started reading a book for work. I did enjoy both!
6) Do something that makes me happy - went to Glendalough, meditated in nature, walked 15km, had some icecream.

• Like 3

So, after some insight I got over@Waanie challenge thread, I googled and found things about empaths.
Then bumped into this: http://brightmindposts.com/buzz/when-shes-got-a-good-heart-but-loses-faith-in-you-its-over/

And saw myself there.
Look at the convo with a friend (actually she is Dutch too!) for more self discovering
(the name censored is my ex)

She also said 'The way you feel other people’s emotions still baffles me' and I get it! She is mainly rational, I feel everyone's ache.453d26723ebff9ecf1c5a24584b6b937.jpg

• Like 3

[mention=23360]Countess[/mention] precisely

Tuesday

3) Eat dinner: with proteins and/or veggies and/or fruit - I'll count as a yes even if technically a no. I had mainly fat, but that's what my body needed. I felt really tired after a crazy day at work. I went to the shop and bought one of the foods I normally eat and feel ashamed of. I felt great instead, because it was what I needed in that moment, energy to dance all night.

4) Sleep enough - I had some rest before going out (not a nap though). and borderline enough sleep. I feel rested and woke up few minutes before my alarm, quite panicking thinking I slept through.

5) Take two days a week not doing anything work/house related after work - 1/2 - went dancing!

6) Do something that makes me happy - went dancing!

• Like 4

Wednesday
3) Eat dinner: with proteins and/or veggies and/or fruit - I was craving fish so much! And I went to a place that in near a harbour, you would think it's what I ate! Wrong! I had pizza, because that restaurant was a place I used to get pizza when homesick. So going there made me homesick... Brains are stupid sometimes
4) Sleep enough - I probably won't...
5) Take two days a week not doing anything work/house related after work - 2/2 - went storytelling event!
6) Do something that makes me happy - went to a storytelling event

• Like 5

Sadly, burnout is a thing. If you figure out how to avoid it, let me know. Okay I think there is a number of rebels that would love this information.

• Like 1

Sadly, burnout is a thing. If you figure out how to avoid it, let me know. Okay I think there is a number of rebels that would love this information.
I know... for now my solution has been when I'm at the very end of the rope I call it quit and spend the weekend crying in bed. Working from home once a week helps hugely when you really can't.
Yet lately I was struggling in having time for that as well and I know not every rebel has this luxury (e.g. family...)
I also call in sick for extreme situations, it happens max 1 per year.

So I didn't sleep enough Wednesdly and it's catching up on me. Also there was no water when I woke up. The pump broke down

I decided to move to the new house until is fixed, but because the landlord might have come to the apartment I had to clean it up yesterday evening and pack stuff for the night and some more for the move.

On good news I put away all the clothes and hoovered that were on my todo since forever ([mention id=52508]Wobbegong[/mention] you underestimated my ability to sleep with clean clothes all around me )

Thursday

1) Eat proteic breakfast - yes, but I had two and one was sugary

3) Eat dinner: with proteins and/or veggies and/or fruit - work event, takeaway (good) pizza

4) Sleep enough - definitely not

5) Take two days a week not doing anything work/house related after work - 2/2

6) Do something that makes me happy - played foozball

• Like 3

I like going out on Friday night, makes the weekend feel longer!

Friday
1) Eat proteic breakfast - I had a protein shake because I had nothing in the new place, but then I had 3 donoughts
3) Eat dinner: with proteins and/or veggies and/or fruit - yes - went to a pizza place, had mussles instead (tasted my friend pizza, one bite)
4) Sleep enough - not really
6) Do something that makes me happy - went out with a friend, he called over another friend, who invited another friend. This last one on the chain seemed nice and while walking back with my friend I tried to ask if the other guy was single, to which he replied yes and that he seemed to have a little crush on me... Well, I asked my friend for the guy's number... we'll see if he agrees.

• Like 3

Saturday
1) Eat proteic breakfast - skipped breakfast
2) Eat lunch at 1ish even at weekends - irish breakfast at 2
3) Eat dinner: with proteins and/or veggies and/or fruit - no? I can't remember. I was full in the afternoon but have some caloric drink, can't remember if I ate something. I cooked though. I count it as yes because I followed my intuition.
4) Sleep enough - maybe? I woke up late, didn't feel rested
6) Do something that makes me happy - I met a friend

Monday
1) Eat proteic breakfast - yes, from 30 days pcos diet. I can take that on.
2) Eat lunch at 1ish even at weekends - yes, sandwich
3) Eat dinner: with proteins and/or veggies and/or fruit - skipped dinner, not hungry. Fell hungry very late, had 90% chocolate, only calories I had with me
6) Do something that makes me happy - I went crochet!

Monday
1) Eat proteic breakfast - yes, ate too much
3) Eat dinner: with proteins and/or veggies and/or fruit - had pizza (date choose resturant)
5) Take two days a week not doing anything work/house related after work - 1/2 I actually should go back doing something
6) Do something that makes me happy - I tried. Went on a date, was hugely boring. He asked to split the bill, to which I was happy realising he too was bored? He left me with 'ehm, I'm free on Wednesday' I was home by 8.30 and made myself a sugar free dessert!

• Like 3

I am glad I do not have to date. It sounds like a lot of oddness. My friend recently went on a date and the guy right away was like "Do you want marriage and kids?" and she was like 'Well.. like not right now but eventually I guess I could see that being a thing I want?" and the guy was like "Well... I don't want kids" then he went on about his previous GF and how she wanted kids and he didn't so she broke up with him and how shes probably pregnant now. And I'm like dammmn waste no time there. The rest of the date apparently went just like that. 

I like your goals this challenge.

I am glad I do not have to date. It sounds like a lot of oddness. My friend recently went on a date and the guy right away was like "Do you want marriage and kids?" and she was like 'Well.. like not right now but eventually I guess I could see that being a thing I want?" and the guy was like "Well... I don't want kids" then he went on about his previous GF and how she wanted kids and he didn't so she broke up with him and how shes probably pregnant now. And I'm like dammmn waste no time there. The rest of the date apparently went just like that. 

I like your goals this challenge.

Dating is not too bad. You know a lot of different people and it really broaden your world.
It's just need to be the right attitude you go in, it's a number game...
That guy seems quite hung up to his ex... and I think my ex bf could have been similar.
He sent me pics of his nephew, bro, dad saying how he was the only missing from the pic. If I commented on it, he would remark him not wanting children and me being broody. It really messed my brain up a little!
  • Like 1

Tuesday
1) Eat proteic breakfast - apples, not proteic but healthy
3) Eat dinner: with proteins and/or veggies and/or fruit - no, felt sickish and then had fatty dinner
6) Do something that makes me happy - I meant to go dancing, but went to sleep. Happy choice!

Wednesday
1) Eat proteic breakfast - yes, but some sugar too
2) Eat lunch at 1ish even at weekends - yes, a good one! Cooked by me!
3) Eat dinner: with proteins and/or veggies and/or fruit - had pizza, again!!
4) Sleep enough - yes!
5) Take two days a week not doing anything work/house related after work - 2/2 I started doing something
6) Do something that makes me happy - I have a little bit more time for that

• Like 2