• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I did get my stretches in today. I did my normal leg stretches, then this this shoulder video. It's not as intense as the last one I posted but it felt good. I was a little worried when my shoulders crackled through the entire first move though

• Like 1

Checking in for the week. I stretched 5/7 days plus a yoga video on one of the non-stretching days. That just leaves one day I really missed. The best part is that I’m looking forward to my nightly stretch. It’s calming and helps me relax. 

• Like 1

On 8/10/2019 at 11:09 PM, Maigs said:

I was a little worried when my shoulders crackled through the entire first move though

Sometimes shoulders can just be really crackly! I think the general consensus is that if the cracking doesn't hurt it's not anything to worry about?

4 hours ago, suzyQlou said:

Checking in for the week. I stretched 5/7 days plus a yoga video on one of the non-stretching days. That just leaves one day I really missed. The best part is that I’m looking forward to my nightly stretch. It’s calming and helps me relax. 

Awesome!! Stretching before bed is a great bedtime routine. What do your stretch plans look like for the rest of the challenge?

Reporting in -

On Saturday I played with some weighted ankle mobility exercises I found. On Sunday I was going to go to a live yoga class...and then I didn't, and didn't do much more than touch my toes afterwards.

Part of me is being very judgey and I feel like I didn't do enough mobility work this challenge (meaning like formal videos or anything), but the reality is I did at least think about stretching every day and did some basic movements, which was the point of this jumpstart challenge.

• Like 1

Just now, zenLara said:

Is this group still active? I may join, could use some nice accountability with my mobility exercises.

Hmmm, I was only doing the 7 day challenge for Week 1, but I think everyone here has general challenge mobility goals for the challenge too so we could probably still check in about what we're working on. Or create a new general accountability thread for mobility goals?

3 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

Hmmm, I was only doing the 7 day challenge for Week 1, but I think everyone here has general challenge mobility goals for the challenge too so we could probably still check in about what we're working on. Or create a new general accountability thread for mobility goals?

I wasn't sure if it was for all challenge long. I think we can just keep using this one if everybody agrees. Well, if there is anybody still interested in using it, of course :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zenLara said:

I wasn't sure if it was for all challenge long. I think we can just keep using this one if everybody agrees. Well, if there is anybody still interested in using it, of course :)

It's part of my challenge so I'll definitely be keeping it up.

What are you're mobility goals?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maigs said:

It's part of my challenge so I'll definitely be keeping it up.

What are you're mobility goals?

Hi Maigs! My goal with mobility right now is to do it :D That's how bad I am right now with it. I attend mobility lessons at a gym (FRC, kinstrech and something else I don't remember its name) that are doing wonders with my neck and hips issues, but it won't last long if I don't take care of it everyday. I'm a professional musician getting old and I would rather not grow my regular discomforts into actual injuries.

Well, here I am. I did yoga. 22 minutes. It's not my target mobility exercise right now, but it is something and it made me feel like getting back on the wagon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zenLara said:

Well, here I am. I did yoga. 22 minutes. It's not my target mobility exercise right now, but it is something and it made me feel like getting back on the wagon.

I'm in the same boat - anything I can actually get myself to do is good! 

17 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

anything I can actually get myself to do is good! 

Aren't you doing all-the-things anymore? ;)

4 hours ago, zenLara said:

Aren't you doing all-the-things anymore? ;)

Mobility is always the first thing to go when I'm doing all the things! I haven't been able to make it into a habit that sticks, so I'm trying to focus on it more this challenge.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Mobility is always the first thing to go when I'm doing all the things! I haven't been able to make it into a habit that sticks, so I'm trying to focus on it more this challenge.

And I'm the same way which is no bueno when my right hip and both shoulders are trying to act up

So I finally did some stretching again last night (first time since Saturday). I did my normal leg stretches and the second shoulder video I posted earlier. That one really makes me want a peanut ball because I think it would help a lot with my shoulders

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Maigs said:

So I finally did some stretching again last night (first time since Saturday). I did my normal leg stretches and the second shoulder video I posted earlier. That one really makes me want a peanut ball because I think it would help a lot with my shoulders

Peanuts are A++. I've never used one on my shoulders but they're AMAZING for your back. 

I had completely forgotten about mobility today, but NTB message made me open the thread, and it would have been deplorable to come here to read the messages and not do the work, so well, I did only 8 minutes, but practiced my target exercises for neck and shoulders, so good job done.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, zenLara said:

I had completely forgotten about mobility today, but NTB message made me open the thread, and it would have been deplorable to come here to read the messages and not do the work, so well, I did only 8 minutes, but practiced my target exercises for neck and shoulders, so good job done.

Nice!!

• Like 1

The plan was to do actual mobility yesterday. I began with some neck exercises, but after just 1 minute my boyfriend interrupted me, and I said, no problem I'll come back to it later... You can guess what happened :(

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 11:23 AM, NeverThatBored said:

Peanuts are A++. I've never used one on my shoulders but they're AMAZING for your back. 

I bought one today and used it a bit. So far I hate it like i hate the foam roller :P We'll see how my back/shoulders feel tomorrow

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zenLara said:

What's the difference between them?

My foam roller is smooth and about 6 inches in diameter. It's great for my quads (even though it can hurt like hell) but wasn't getting into the nooks and crannies of my back. The peanut is basically two 3inch balls attached together that has very small nubs on it (small enough I'm not sure they do anything) and it will actually get into the spots between my shoulder blades. It also hurts like hell, I'm sure I made pitiful faces using it and only avoided making pitiful noises because Hubs had friends over in the next room. 

If I remember I'll take pictures and post them later

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Maigs said:

and it will actually get into the spots between my shoulder blades

Sounds delightful :D I hope at least it did the job and those knots feel better today?