• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Endor

That's no ordinary rabbit....

Mini-respawn FTW, you've got this!

Also, having poor water at home is terrible. Glad you've managed to sort the problem, that's a pretty big bill you're killing there.

• Like 1

Good luck in your race! Yeah, take the week as a mini-detox. Treat yourself like the athlete you are, and then enjoy yourself!

• Like 1

Work has consumed me this week, have done 2 or 3 walks though. Tried a run today, no dice, leg/knee sore. Might be walking the 10k i think we'll see.

Not looking after myself and starting to get sick :(

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Sad 2

Walking the 10K is no problem. Just do what you can.

And take care of yourself. You are important!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys, last week was very stressful, sleepless nights kind of stuff with some big changes at work. 

A couple of decisions made for my fitness, I'll do this 10k but after that I plan to do the C25K again to rebuild my base and then stick to 5k's thereafter. I had grand designs of doing a half after this 10k but the reality is it needs more consistency than I think I can do for now. I'm also planning to start lifting again next week. I'm really missing it at the moment but I don't want to toast my legs before the 10k. 

Challenge wrap up I guess:

Goals:

- One Rabbit Stew coming right up!

Get more protein, try for 3 protein shakes a week in place of some other snacks. 

##### Err probably 3 during the whole challenge!!

- Nibble yer bum!

Drop 5kg this challenge. If necessary track calories, prefer not to...

##### 91kg today for a 0.1kg loss!!

- Run away! Run away! 

Do a run or some weights related to running 3 times a week 

I did well the first couple of weeks and then work took over and my ITB got irritated. I've still been walking a lot though. I did a 6k walk today. 

I'm basically trying to stay sane, get through the 10k this weekend without dying and then regroup next week for the start of the next challenge.  

Thanks for coming along for the ride and encouraging me.

• Like 4

Seems like a sensible plan. You're much better off adjusting things to make it work than pushing too hard and giving up. Best of luck this weekend mate, just get out there and have fun!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, BarefootDawsy said:

Seems like a sensible plan. You're much better off adjusting things to make it work than pushing too hard and giving up. Best of luck this weekend mate, just get out there and have fun!

Thanks mate, we'll catch up soon, probs going to do Sober October so it'll have to be before then! Or during or a parkrun!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Endor said:

I'm basically trying to stay sane, get through the 10k this weekend without dying and then regroup next week for the start of the next challenge.  

Keeping sane is a big win in and of itself. Walking instead of dropping it entirely and being able to look at things honestly and showing up for the wrap-up whatever happens are very good things. You're on your way, keep it up and enjoy the 10K. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Jean said:

Keeping sane is a big win in and of itself. Walking instead of dropping it entirely and being able to look at things honestly and showing up for the wrap-up whatever happens are very good things. You're on your way, keep it up and enjoy the 10K. :)

Thanks Jean, and a big thank you for all your support along the way while I've been with the Scouts, I appreciate it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Xena said:

Looking forward to hearing about the 10K!

Thanks Xena, I'm getting a bit nervous now! My wife is picking up the bib in the City for me today. I have a hotel room booked for Saturday night so I don't have to get up super early or stress about making it there in time. 

Repeat after me: I won't drink the night before, I won't drink the night before, etc. etc.! 

• Like 1

Thanks Xena, I'm getting a bit nervous now! My wife is picking up the bib in the City for me today. I have a hotel room booked for Saturday night so I don't have to get up super early or stress about making it there in time. 

Repeat after me: I won't drink the night before, I won't drink the night before, etc. etc.! 

Hah. I had to learn that the hard way.

You sound set. Good luck brother.
  • Thanks 1