That's no ordinary rabbit....

Endor

Gadzooks I am sooooo tired today, I slept in and feel like I was run over by a bus. I guess this must be from the long (for me) run yesterday. Weirdly my shoulders are pretty sore, trying to think if I did anything else but can't think of anything, must be from the action of moving my arms I guess. 

Anything special people do to recover from longer runs? 

• Like 1

Endor, LVL 40 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Current Challenge (Jan 2021)

Week 2 Summary:

- One Rabbit Stew coming right up!

Get more protein, try for 3 protein shakes a week in place of some other snacks. 

##Mostly forgot about this, only 1 I think. 

- Nibble yer bum!

Drop 5kg this challenge. If necessary track calories, prefer not to...

##only 0.5kg as of today.

- Run away! Run away! 

Do a run or some weights related to running 3 times a week 

## 2 runs, no weights. 

Weigh-in: 90.6kg 

Not too bad but definitely not as good as I have been.

On the plus side, after a month of 2000UI/day the vitamin D supps seem to have made a big difference to my overall mood, anyone that suffers from low mood I highly recommend Vit D and Magnesium Powder. 

I'm starting to think about what I'll do after the 10k....possible return to Crossfit, possibly join a local gym, possible pick a program and do it from home on my own power rack. I'm interested to read a bit more about LeanGains and Intermittent Fasting, will do some research. There is also some loose talk of another convincing PvP loss for [mention=29779]DarK_RaideR[/mention] at some point after the run, that would likely be weight(s) related. Maybe we'd go for accountabilibuddies this time to keep it positive.  

• Like 6

13 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

You said so yourself you wanna switch from a PvP to accountadiddliedoodlie to "keep it positive". Sounds to me you're already setting up excuses for your failure.

LMAO. :lol: 

I'm ready for all scenarios....

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/17/2019 at 10:30 PM, Endor said:

Let loose yesterday, at and drank all the things, it was our 12 yr wedding anniversary though so I don't feel too guilty. 

Although guilty enough to go for a run today

7km in 60mins. 

If I could hold that pace for another 3km I'll finish in 01:25:43 which would beat the cap but I'd like to be going faster than that. I was pretty tired though and the outside of my left knee started to hurt. I was also starting to get stomach ache. Need to leave more time after eating to run I think. 

Congrats on the anniversary!!

Knee sounds like it could be IT Band irritation. People debate about what's best to do for this. Possibilities: Stretching (do you know stretches for this? It's a little tricky to isolate, but I think it's helpful), Foam rolling (hurts like a mother!), icing and other anti-inflamatories, orthotics, AND THE EASY ONE THAT ISN'T CONTROVERSIAL AND DOESN'T HURT: make sure to run on a flat or varied running surface. If you run on a sloped road (usually slanted toward the side of the road) it puts a strain on the "downslope" knee.

On 8/18/2019 at 6:16 PM, Endor said:

Gadzooks I am sooooo tired today, I slept in and feel like I was run over by a bus. I guess this must be from the long (for me) run yesterday. Weirdly my shoulders are pretty sore, trying to think if I did anything else but can't think of anything, must be from the action of moving my arms I guess. 

Anything special people do to recover from longer runs? 

Nothing magic. Sleep is a good start. Lots of fluids. Protein. Keeping moving (e.g., walking, stretching, easy biking)

I've definitely had shoulder soreness (upper back) after long runs. You might play around a bit during your run with making sure your arms (and even your hands) are relaxed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

22 hours ago, Xena said:

People debate about what's best to do for this

Seems like less running might fix it! :lol:  Thanks for the ideas, I'm so bad at mobility I never do it. The AFL oval I run round is sloped so people can watch the game so that makes sense, I've started to avoid the edge and run on the pitch instead so i guess I naturally came to the same conclusion. 

22 hours ago, Xena said:

Nothing magic

Thanks for the ideas here too, good reminders. 

• Like 1

I finally quit drinking for good...now i drink for evil!!

No running, not much walking. Work stress/volume is getting the better of me.

Got a massive technical architecture decision reversed in our favor on Friday, a key win for the team and a political minefield navigated successfully. I had to present a major technical change to a room with some heavy hitters in it, rather nerve wracking but got the outcome the team wanted.

Hopefully next week I'll do better on my own health goals...it can't be all work, that's how i keep getting myself in a mess.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Endor said:

I finally quit drinking for good...now i drink for evil!!

LOL!

6 hours ago, Endor said:

Hopefully next week I'll do better on my own health goals...it can't be all work, that's how i keep getting myself in a mess.

This is pretty individual, but I have my own version of this problem.

For me, work does get very intense sometimes. One thing that has helped has been to tell myself that "work-life balance" doesn't mean it will always be a good balance within each day/week/month. It evens out over time. For me, as long as that is more-or-less true, I can deal with it. I have to remind myself of this because sometimes I feel guilty when I can't do everything I want to do, have to decline social invitations, and feel like my life has degenerated into disorganized chaos.

So yes, hoping next week is great for you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Looks like I'm going to have to come out of retirement to kick your ass back into gear. Now get out there before I challenge you to a PvP!

*gasp* Fancy seeing you here!

tenor.gif?itemid=3497957

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

First up, forgot to post weigh in from Monday: 92kg.

Week 3 Summary:

Get more protein, try for 3 protein shakes a week in place of some other snacks. 

### zero.

- Nibble yer bum!

### hmm +1kg I think [emoji20] 

- Run away! Run away! 

### zero (i think, maybe 1) 

Went for a run last night but 10 mins in my knee started to hurt, walked for a few mins then tried to carry on but it was too sore. What a bummer. Walked home then went for a 7k walk with my wife instead. Today the bottom of my foot is sore as well. I was wearing dress shoes for work all day yesterday  which I don't usually wear so I'm thinking maybe it's the shoes? I'll rest up for a few days then try again. 

Pretty good food day yesterday. 

The football (soccer) team I support is playing in a cup match tonight, looking forward to that. 

• Like 3

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
Not at all...they could be carried

Back in the saddle this week mate, but watch that knee! I used to get shocking knee pain when I started.... turned out to be ITBS, which is very common, and fixed with foam rolling, so keep an eye out for it.

Go Sports team!d5ac2291f73df808e5a9821e2d08cd2f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander

Scout - Level 7

1 minute ago, BarefootDawsy said:

ITBS, which is very common, and fixed with foam rolling, so keep an eye out for it

Thanks, I'll look this up. It sounds like the same thing @Xena suggested. I have a foam roller so maybe I'll give it a go. 

• Like 2

Week 4 Summary:

#### zero.

- Nibble yer bum!

### hmm +1kg I think :( 

- Run away! Run away! 

###  1

Old habits reappear so easily.

Today is 1 Sep, my 10k is a week on Sunday. I'm not going to have any alcohol between now and the run, try to watch my diet and drop some weight again. Mini-respawn, again, I suppose that's why they call these challenges! 

In other news we figured out we're spending around $2250 a year on sparkling bottled water because the stuff from the tap is so terrible. This week I got a water filter fitted for $240 and picked up a Soda Stream for $85. The water looks and tastes fine now, in 8 weeks it will have paid for itself and we'll start saving the extra. 

• Like 6