• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

What did you do? 

Mindfulness 2 - Eat two meals without distractions. Lunch and dinner Wednesday.

What is your experience with it? Did you enjoy it? Was it easy or hard?

We hates it! Stupid hobbitses... Honestly, I don't get the point of this one when eating alone. With other people, sure, focus on the ones you're with! But alone? It is just boring and lets me focus on just how much I don't really like what I'm eating.

Would you incorporate it in a future challenge, or otherwise do it again later? Why or why not?

Unless someone can convince me that this is truly beneficial, I don't see making a regular habit of it.

What did you do? 

Food 1: Post a picture of your homemade meal. Chili con Carne for lunch yesterday. It was... I'll try a different recipe next time.

20190807_110027.thumb.jpg.c300aa1e3d8d23726dc40a02a0a280fd.jpg

Simple point and click interface...

Would you incorporate it in a future challenge, or otherwise do it again later? Why or why not?

I already home cook my lunches for the work week, so I'll keep doing that. I might try and post better pictures some time, but I'm not sure that I'll be cooking again before this part of the challenge is up, so gave  you guys what I had.

What did you do?

Mindfulness 1 Day 1, Tuesday

1. Stopping on the little bridge over the creek near the end of my hike, enjoying the cooler air and flowing water.

2. Playing Fable 3

3. Reading Feet of Clay

Mindfulness 1 Day 2, Wednesday

1. Working on making a Walking Stick (sand and stain)

2. Going to oil painting class.

3. Reading Feet of Clay

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, Whisper said:

We hates it! Stupid hobbitses... Honestly, I don't get the point of this one when eating alone.

Yeah, alone eating means reading time for me.  I've never understood the idea that reading inhibits recognition of satiety, as I always eat more slowly when I read.  And Feet of Clay is a great choice for it.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, WildSonja said:

Hopefully the pic isn't gigantic when I hit the button...

I've seen a few people make comments about this. If you're on a computer, you should be able to double-click the image and adjust its size. Not sure if there's a solution on smartphones and tablets. 

9 hours ago, Whisper said:

We hates it! Stupid hobbitses... Honestly, I don't get the point of this one when eating alone. With other people, sure, focus on the ones you're with! But alone? It is just boring and lets me focus on just how much I don't really like what I'm eating.

I can kind of see your point, but also, why are you eating food you don't enjoy? And why are you so used to eating food you don't enjoy that you've developed such a strong preference for doing it mindlessly, while distracted by something else? If eating is such a chore, maybe it's time to take a step back and reflect on what could make it better. If you've only recently started trying to eat healthy and your tongue is still expecting sugar all the time, that may be something you just have to push through until your tastebuds recover. Aside from that, there's probably an underlying something going on that you can take steps to address. 

• Like 4

M1 Day 3

1. I avoided video games all day and while I wouldn't say I particularly enjoyed that, it was definitely a nice break. At the same time, I am really enjoying FE so I'm excited to get back to it today. 
  2. I took a nap and it was wonderful.
  3. I only blew my nose twice, and both times it was after a hot room/cold room transition, and my snot was a normal color and texture (clear and runny). I'm officially recovered! 

What did you do?

Mindfulness 1: Write down three things you enjoyed during the day three times this week. 

I enjoy this exercise a lot. I've done it before and I always like taking a few minutes to reflect on the good things going on. I often feel like I shouldn't repeat the same thing when I report back, out of some sense that I'm supposed to be finding new good things every time... but I sometimes wonder if repeating things might not be beneficial, because it creates a record of things that consistently stand out to me as enjoyable. That kind of record could be really useful on a bad day. 

I'll definitely do it again. As for incorporating it in a future challenge, maybe? Like a mindfulness challenge or a habit forming challenge (habit forming is definitely on my agenda). It doesn't take very long, but the potential for improving my mood is pretty high. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Wobbegong said:

I can kind of see your point, but also, why are you eating food you don't enjoy?

Because I'm not a very good cook? Yesterday was an unusually unappetizing day. The food I had cooked for lunches wasn't bad enough to throw out, but won't be made again, and then I found the place I stopped to grab supper to be truly mediocre.

Honestly, there is very little food that I find to be worth all of my attention. Eating with nothing but the food is boring, I'd rather be reading/watching something, or talking with others if I'm not eating alone.

What did you do?

Life 1: Take progress pictures.

Spoiler

20190807_110010.thumb.jpg.5f2d62e45e7baa4577477b47737c487f.jpg 20190808_150223.thumb.jpg.39f47d88b2687da88f2af75c8936d0cc.jpg

First picture, sanded and stained. 2nd, polyurethane coats added, handle wrapped and strap inserted and tied.

I also took pictures of myself; count yourself lucky I posted the stick instead.

I only did it so I could sign off the stupid task, but decided to go ahead and compare them to the pictures I took at the start of the year. The most obvious thing is that my hair is a lot shorter, but that isn't really progress, but while I was looking at the front picture, I was thinking that maybe I look slightly less bad? I'm not really sure. Wasn't hard, but it was a little bit unpleasant.

I do see the value in having the pictures, and it would be a good idea to keep taking them occasionally, so thanks for the push to get them updated.

What did you do?

Mindfulness 1: Write down three things you enjoyed during the day three times this week. 

Day 3

1. Continued working on my walking stick (see photos above)

2. Played hymns on violin

3. Played Fable 3

4. Listened to the rhythm of the falling rain. (I love rain, it started falling while I was typing this and had to be added to the list)

I have totally fallen out of the practice of journaling, and this was a good way to get started on doing at least a little bit again. It was easy to do.

I don't think I would incorporate it in a challenge, but I do think that I want to add it to my daily practice. Maybe keep a journal by my bed and do an enjoyed/grateful list before going to sleep.

What did you do?

Exercise/Movement 2: Go geocaching or otherwise explore your area. Minimum 2km walked, biked, or run.

Today I decided to explore the neighborhood I live in some. Took a somewhat random path around for a mile and a half. It was good to do, but I little bit scary too. I tend to always follow the same paths and do the same things. Different/new things are hard for me. Even watching a new movie or reading a new book is hard; safer to stick to one I know I enjoy. At the same time, I've been discovering a lot of new and enjoyable lately, so pushing out of my normal rut is good, even if it is hard.

I need to upgrade my phone, and when I do it would be good to explore some of the outdoor type apps that people seem to like. Also important for me to try new places and things, so yes.

• Like 3

Because I'm not a very good cook? Yesterday was an unusually unappetizing day. The food I had cooked for lunches wasn't bad enough to throw out, but won't be made again, and then I found the place I stopped to grab supper to be truly mediocre.

Honestly, there is very little food that I find to be worth all of my attention. Eating with nothing but the food is boring, I'd rather be reading/watching something, or talking with others if I'm not eating alone.

I often feel the same and I wouldn't have considered myself a bad cook. Talking with my sister we realised that when cooking for one is easier to make mistakes (too salt is just a bit more, when you are cooking for 20 it's a lot more). I also find my main meal is lunch, but I don't like how microwaves reheat food, so uneven!
I find easier to eat mindfully when I'm in a restaurant on my own. Especially moroccan food, it tastes differently between bites!!
  • Like 3

What did you do? 

M5:  Go 24 hours without push notifications, work-related messages outside of work hours, and time-wasting websites (facebook, reddit, etc. -- use your discretion to determine what websites are non-beneficial timesinks for you). Then do it again once more this week for a total of 48 hours unplugged.   

Deep Sigh*  I love the quiet brain that comes with this.  It isn't exactly easy, but then again, not really hard, depending on timing.  I try to keep the phone out of sight at the end of the day, and devote at home time to being at home, not distracted.  Sometimes it works.  And I'm just disconnected enough from my phone that it isn't yet a thing I automatically grab when I head out the door, so that helps.  Even if the youngsters* think I'm lame.  *aka my brother who is only 4 years younger, but way more connected :highly_amused:

This reminded me to put in more of an effort to step away on the weekends.   Maybe again tomorrow since

• Like 3

What did you do?

Life 1, take progress pictures, and Movement 2, explore a new area. 

Taking progress pics is a pain in the butt because I don't have a full-length mirror or a handy buddy to take pictures from me. I used the stainless steel backsplash behind my stove, but the pictures are still pretty low quality, lol. As for enjoying it... I'm not that into picture taking, but I'm looking forward to comparing them to my pre-fast pics to see the difference. I'll honestly probably take another set tomorrow morning just before eating, if I remember, but it's good to have these too just in case. 

Exploring was really fun! While playing PoGo two or so weeks ago I noticed a road labeled "to the train station" up the hill from me. The train station is down the hill and across town, and the mystery road was headed in the right direction, so I decided to try following it and see where exactly it leads. It turns out it leads to one of the only places in town where there's a crosswalk to cut across the highway, so that's reassuring at least! I usually either go under the highway or just wait for a pause in traffic and run across... it's only two lanes and the speed limit is 60kmh, so it's not particularly awful, but sometimes traffic is heavy and it'd be nice to have a designated crossing spot. So I'll keep this train station road in mind. It wasn't 2km, so after I made it to the highway instead of dropping down to the station (and area I know well), I turned around and went back up to explore the neighborhood up there. I've pretty much only explored the places that have pokestops (which is a lot of places, honestly) or are landmarks, so it was nice to try something new. 

I'll definitely take progress pictures again at some point in my life, but I can't see myself incorporating them into a challenge. Although as long as I am focused on losing weight, it might be smart to start planning to take them at the beginning and end of every challenge, so I have a better record of progress... 

Exploring was super fun but also super exhausting. I'll definitely do it again and may well build it into a future challenge, especially in a few years when I move, but it's getting shelved for now. Until the weather gets reasonable again, long walks are not high on my agenda. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wobbegong said:

We're coming up on the end of the week here, so don't forget to mark your success on the spreadsheet! 

@KB Girl, @Athaclena, @Lateral Planet, are you three still with us? Feel free to contact me if you're having trouble accessing or updating the spreadsheet! 

Sorry, I'm usually on mobile here so I just had to fire up the laptop to get caught up!

While I'm here, here's three quick things I enjoyed today:

1) Sleeping in on this cold wintery day

2) Japanese curry for lunch, which is a rare treat

3) Shopping for a party next weekend, we're doing goodie bags!

• Like 5

What did you do?

Mindfulness 1: Write down three things you enjoyed during the past 24 hours, three times this week.

my third 3 things: Spent some much needed quality time with me energy matching friends.  so grounding after a rough start this week

-enjoyed playing with twin 2yo kiddos, especially when the little boy launched himself at MrW for a hug.  good thing Mr had quick reflexes that day

-a walk without sore legs!  Stretching and rolling really does help

I think I really will try to keep this sort of thing going.  It's not hard to do,  just a challenge to remember to refocus on positives

Exercise/Movement 2: Go geocaching or otherwise explore your area. Minimum 2km walked, biked, or run in a place (or part of town) you've never been before.

-explored new walking trails with the pupper

Easy enough to do as there are some many places I've not explored nearby since I moved this way.  It's only been 7 years, but can't use up all the "new" right away!  

I'll keep this up as long as possible without too crazy a drive.

Edited by WildSonja
2nd challenge
  • Like 3

What did you do?

I completed Food 2: Cook and eat a vegetable alternative for a high-carb ingredient twice this week. I used an alternative for bread for (vegetarian) hot dogs and an alternative for pasta.

This challenge was definitely the hardest for me, which is also why it's the last I complete. I didn't really enjoy this, to be honest. I don't like cooking, and this kind of forced me to cook myself, as my parents would never cook anything without the carbs. The pasta alternative didn't turn out so great either, but the hot dogs tasted really good.

I probably wouldn't do this again, as I don't normally even have the time to cook lunch nor dinner, but it was a fun experience I guess. I need to learn to cook properly anyway, so a bit of practice doesn't hurt.

• Like 2

What did you do?

Eat two meals without distractions. Conversation with your dining partner doesn't count as distraction, but work, television, games, books, etc. all do. 
I ate more meals with conversations, but I will count the two I ate by myself even if both had a 10% phone distraction

I discovered I start eating trying to have an upward enjoyment (what I like the most eaten at last). this technique doesn't really work, because I will force myself to finish the plate even if I'm too full. Also, the things are less good when they are coldish.

I did in the past and would like to do that again

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

We're coming up on the end of the week here, so don't forget to mark your success on the spreadsheet! 

@KB Girl, @Athaclena, @Lateral Planet, are you three still with us? Feel free to contact me if you're having trouble accessing or updating the spreadsheet! 

Got busy - I'll try to update today\tomorrow.... the only thing I really did that was on the list was stroll through a new to me airport :). Had the OPTION of a train, but walked instead.....

• Like 2

What did you do?

Mindfulness 1: Write down three things you enjoyed during the past 24 hours, three times this week.

Day 1

1) My niece got a new water gun and I ripped the package open like I was the hulk, very satisfying.

2) I applied for a gamedev co-working group.

3) I set a personal record for lat pull downs.

Day 2

1) My niece said she's too old for the sock game, which I am so done after playing it with her for over 2 years now.

2) Had a really good breakfast sammich with beyond meat.

3) Went hard on the stationary bike and got an endorphin high from it.

Day 3

1) My niece and I played video games together for a couple hours.

2) Reconnected with an old friend and had a good chat.

3) Had cauliflower tater tots for dinner and they were so much better than potato tater tots.

I love doing gratitude lists, so this was like that but a bit different. Made me remember that I still have really good days most of the time.

I would because it's such a nice practice to get into.

• Like 3

So, I TRIED not to be an overachiever and I did dismiss some of the quests... but today all went strangely and I meant to go to my apt, but I went grocery shopping and to my house. I was meant to come here, because I found an old man a bit lost (not full in his mind) and accompanied to the bus and home. The weather was rainy, so I'm glad he didn't stay 30 minutes more waiting for the bus.
Here is where I have a kitchen, so I cooked for part of the week. Now, how will I bring it to work is still something to figure out.

What did you do?

Cooked 2 'parmigiana' portions (basically lasagna but with aubergines intead of pasta). It would count for food 1 and two, but I will eat them next week, so I get only one point

I was really tired and not hungry, but I was glad I could cook!

I won't go keto, it that's what is meant. But I'm glad I can cook again, and I cooked mushrooms as well. I also prepared breakfast for tomorrow. I also cooked 8 apples, so I have a tasty dessert! A homemade cooking plan is something that can go toward a challenge, but I think it's going to come back automatically once I move here for good

• Like 3

What did you do?

Exercise/Movement 1: Spend five minutes stretching while doing a sedentary activity (reading, working, watching TV, etc.)

I didn't really like this. Stretching takes too much attention and head movement to comfortably while reading or playing games (at least for me). I finally did it while waiting for my computer to boot up.

I think it would be easier for me to dedicate 5 minutes to stretching than to try and multitask it, but stretching more is something that I need to do.

What did you do?

Life 2: Try a new skincare routine. Used body lotion after showers

I don't really like the way lotion feels on my skin, but this did spark some interest in learning more about skin care. I know my feet and hands tend to get really dry and finding something that works for me would be good.

I've got the skincare reddit open in another tap and plan to explore that some.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2019 at 7:59 AM, Wobbegong said:

@KB Girl,  are you three still with us? Feel free to contact me if you're having trouble accessing or updating the spreadsheet! 

Still here! Just had some trouble deciding what to do- it was hard because I choose life but skin care is just never ever ever going to happen and a progress picture.. well, maybe if I bend the intention of it a bit :) I have the rest of the day to think about it. 

Here is the salmon + asparagus I made, with a side of simple pasta; 

1724938273_Foto05-08-19184321.thumb.jpg.3c820a5c250a6e657249676cfaab34dc.jpg

The asparagus was stir fried with simply salt and pepper, the salmon I prepped with salt, chili flakes, dille, a tiny bit of cayenne and honey. Secret to cooking it without burning it is to put on a lid in-between turning it. 

• Like 5

Still here! Just had some trouble deciding what to do- it was hard because I choose life but skin care is just never ever ever going to happen and a progress picture.. well, maybe if I bend the intention of it a bit I have the rest of the day to think about it. 

Here is the salmon + asparagus I made, with a side of simple pasta; 

1724938273_Foto05-08-19184321.thumb.jpg.3c820a5c250a6e657249676cfaab34dc.jpg

The asparagus was stir fried with simply salt and pepper, the salmon I prepped with salt, chili flakes, dille, a tiny bit of cayenne and honey. Secret to cooking it without burning it is to put on a lid in-between turning it. 

Looks so yummy!! can you share a recipe? I never cook salmon well
  • Like 2

Last quick batch of things I enjoyed, for Sunday:

1) Tried new things! Never had kombucha before, and honestly I think I prefer normal soft drink. Also they didn't have ingredients for the dinner I planned so I got some marinaded pork chops instead.

2) Finished the last few episodes of Orange is the New Black

3) Made banana bread (above)

• Like 2

We have spent the last week working our way through the forest, with Prof. Sheldon guiding the way and Dr. Bravestone keeping us in line. It was hard, but one of the Rebels' strengths is to adapt, and adapt we did. Spirits are still high, and progress is being made. Our map is being filled out and we are getting closer to the finish marker. The way home is in reach… nothing will get in our way.

“Um guys…” Prof. Sheldon broke the charged silence. “Not to alarm anyone but.. The finish marker on the map just vanished? What does that even mean.” 

014-Rhys-Darby-as-Nigel-Billingsley.jpg?

A man in a jeep appears before us, a character bubble popping up above the jeep reading "Nigel: The Game Guide (NPC)." Nigel rolls down his window. “Quick, get in! We haven’t much time!” he exclaims. The jungle behind him rustles… He is being chased.. Or maybe we are.

“Should we trust him?” Ruby asks, looking from Nigel to the group of Rebels, who shrug. Figures on motorcycles wielding swords emerge from the jungle.

“I’d rather take my chances with him than them!” Mouse says, jumping into the jeep. “Let's go, unless you want to become Swiss cheese!”

Quickly the rebels all climbed aboard and off Nigel sped, leaving a cloud of dust. Nigel opens the glove department and hands Dr. Bravestone a letter. Bravestone looks to his companions with a bewildered look. “Oh, for me?” He reaches out and takes the letter, clearing his throat before reading out loud,  “Dr. Bravestone, I am writing to you regarding the desperate situation in Jumanji. We need your help at once! Please return the Eye of the Jaguar and save Jumanji.” 

“What the heck is the Eye of the Jaguar? I thought we just had to get to the finish marker to go home. And who are those ninjas chasing us!?” asks Mouse, peeking around the seat to look at the letter.

“Glad you asked!” Nigel says cheerfully as he maneuvered the jeep with one hand and searched his jacket pocket with the other. He pulled out a glowing green gem the size of a softball. “Right.. Here you go. This is the eye of the jaguar whoever holds it has a curse fall on them.” 

Nigel places it in Mouse’s hands who looks at it briefly “Nope… Not it!” he says before tossing it to you. 

“I don’t want a curse!” you say as you toss it to the Rebel beside you, who in turn also does not want it, resulting in a big old game of hot potato with the precious cursed gem. Dr. Bravestone grabs it from us with a serious look.

“I stole this from Van Pelt, my ex-employer, who in turn stole it from the jaguar statue which looks over the land of Jumanji. Jumanji cannot survive with the gem missing. You must keep it away from Van Pelt and return it to its rightful place. The gem has corrupted him further with cursed powers, which makes him a fierce rival.” Nigel came to an abrupt stop outside what looked like a marketplace. “Out...quickly. I have bought you some time. This is where you will find the missing piece. And remember, Return the jewel and lift the curse. If you wish to leave the game you must save Jumanji! And call out its name!” With that, Nigel kicked everyone out and drove off.

258869695-1.jpg

“Great… this just got a lot harder,” Mouse said scratching his head.

The bazaar hummed with activity… At least we won’t be easily spotted here you think to yourself. A child came from the crowd and tugged at Dr. Bravestone's shirt before running off motioning for our group to follow. Or not…. Please don’t be a trap.

“Wow, there's never a dull moment in here,”  Dr. Bravestone says, chasing after the kid. The child brings you to a small room with a covered woven basket in the middle.

“What you need is in the basket
One false move, you're in a casket
Trust each other, and never blink
The missing piece is not what you think”

The child looks Dr. Bravestone dead in the eyes and says, "Jumanji needs you." Then, just as suddenly as he'd appeared, he turns and disappears into the crowd, leaving your group of Rebels to figure out the riddle.

“Okay… The missing piece... He must be talking about the map!  So what we need is in the basket and it’s not what we think it is,” you say, puzzling over the riddle. “Let’s open up the basket then. Maybe it's more cauliflower.” 

Dr. Bravestone opens the basket and out pops a snake barring its fangs. “BLACK MAMBA!!” Mouse yells immediately, pointing at the snake. Dr. Bravestone quickly replaces the lid. “Did anyone see anything in the basket?” 

“You mean besides the super venomous snake?!” Mouse squeaks, holding his hat. “One bite from that thing and you are a goner without the anti-venom.” 

Ruby, whose weakness happens to be venom, backs up a bit more. “Okay then, what can we do?” 

“I think it's a staring contest,” Prof. Sheldon says.

“That is the most horrible idea I have ever heard!” Mouse says, shaking his head at Shelly, “Okay here is the plan. Bravestone, you grab it. Don’t give me that look man. I know you can do it. We will defang it and then we are free to reach into the basket and get the piece.” 

Bravestone wipes the sweat from his brow, “Okay guys… ready? On three. One… Two… THREE!” He rips the lid from basket and lunges at the snake with lightning quick reflexes, catching its head before it strikes Ruby.

jumanji10.jpg

Mouse shakes out his shoulders “Okay … You gotta pull his mouth back from the blind spot to disorient it.” He cups the snakes head from behind and opens the jaw. “But be very careful of the venom gland and the exposed secondary venom duct. Then you gotta snap its teeth…” He snaps the first fang off, shortly followed by the second. The snake passes out and Bravestone lays it on the floor.

Mouse looks into the basket and pulls out a small package wrapped in brown paper. He opens it to reveal a small elephant. Professor Sheldon grabs the paper and turns it over “This is not a piece of the map… so the missing piece is this elephant?” The rebels groan. “Hold on, there’s something written on the piece of paper! ‘When you see me, begin the climb’.  Okay so we just need to find an elephant and climb it. Perfect.”

A large rumble interrupted the moment… the source Prof. Sheldon. Everyone stares at look at him as he smiles sheepishly. “I may be a bit famished,” he admits. As if on cue, a merchant appears outside the tent, shouting, “Rations! Get your rations!” The smell of fresh baked goods fills the air. Dr. Bravestone looked to the group, “Okay, we will eat, then we will go and find this elephant.” 

tenor.png

The merchant started handing out bread to everyone. Hungrily, like a pack of hippos, we all dive into the bread. Prof. Sheldon sighs happily while stuffing his face. “Oh my god this bread is so good… I haven’t had bread since I was like nine..” He hands half of the loaf to Mouse, who takes a big bite, chewing enthusiastically. Suddenly he pauses and stares at the bread with wide eyes. “Wait, what is this?” 

The merchant turns to Mouse. “That is my famous pound cake.” 

Mouse stumbles back a bit in shock. ”CAKE?! Cake is my weakness. Come on… I can defeat a Black Mamba but I am going to go down with cake?” 

One of the Rebels stifles a laugh. “How can cake be a weakness?” another Rebel asks.  

Mouse started checking himself all over, ”I don’t know... That is just what the game said.” Finally he relaxes, and says, “I guess it just means that I can’t resist cake!” A second later he explodes. Another second later he falls from the sky, landing in front of Prof. Sheldon .“Well that is just perfect...” 

OK, Rebels, let's get going! We smashed through last week's challenges, and now we're on to week two. This week is all about Mouse, so Rebels who are aligned with him will get a buff on their eating dares this week. Here we go!

Week 2: 

Food 1: Make a healthy dessert. 

Food 2: Make a dish with an ingredient you've never used before, and post a picture. 

Food 3: Drink only water, coffee, and tea without milk or sugar for 48 hours. 

Food 4: Share the recipes for three of your go-to staple meals. If you do not have any, find three that could work for you and post their recipes along with an explanation of why they would suit your lifestyle. 

Food 5: Cut out processed sugar for 24 hours. This includes honey, jam, raw sugar, and any type of syrup. Bacon and other foods with very little sugar are okay. Homemade, unsweetened fruit puree and unsweetened smoothies are also okay. 

As we know, getting through Jumanji is a team effort! We'll need help on the following goals as well: 

Mindfulness 1: Take 10 deep breaths twice a day two days in a row. 

Mindfulness 2: Make an anxiety thermometer. make a list of all (social) situations that make you anxious, and score how anxious they make you. For each situation, describe how you would like to behave. It does not have to be social anxiety only. If you have no anxiety at all, CONGRATULATIONS! You're in an enviable position, but a side effect is that this dare is not going to be on your list. For those of you who do complete this dare, you do not have to post your list.

Life 1: Shop in your own wardrobe: wear a piece of clothing or combination of clothes you have not worn for a while. 

Life 2: Spend at least 15 minutes cleaning something you rarely clean. Ex. microwaves, drains, porch/balcony, etc. 

Exercise 1: Do 5 burpees or 5 sprints. If you cannot do either of these exercises, walk at a brisk pace for 5 minutes. 

Exercise 2: Try a class or type of exercise you haven't done for at least 10 years. Classes can be in-person, online, following along on youtube, etc. 

• Like 4

Whoo hoo, Another week with new challenges! And it’s a food week - right up my alley.

Food 4

My number 1 go-to dish is hash. Breakfast for dinner is my absolute favorite, and hash is something I make when I’m either stuck for ideas, am feeling super creative, or need a little comfort.

So, basically my brain has hash as a default dish.

Here are a few favorites:

1. Weeknight Hash with Chive Pesto
https://gastography.com/2018/06/23/weeknight-hash-with-chive-pesto/

2. Sweet Potato & Zucchini Hash with Pork
https://gastography.com/2013/08/10/sweet-potato-zucchini-hash-with-pork-paleo-whole30/

3. Spaghetti Squash & Bacon Hash Browns with Eggs & Pepita Sauce
https://gastography.com/2012/12/09/spaghetti-squash-bacon-hash-browns-with-eggs-and-pepita-chile-sauce/

• Like 5

Food 1: I just made sugar-free ginger candy from this recipe, although I subbed a plain erythritol for swerve, since that was what I had on hand. It was my first time making ginger candy, and I tried a piece once it had cooled out of the pot (it still needs time to dry properly). It's SO STRONG. I love ginger but I felt like I was going to burn my tongue off! And not from temperature. 

I don't know if the flavor will fade as it dries or get stronger still (if it loses more water??) so I'm a little nervous. But hopefully it comes out ok, and if not, I did at least get a nice ginger syrup I'm looking forward to mixing into fresh lemonade. 

• Like 5