cmdoduck's challenge

cmdoduck

This is my first challenge, and I am excited. So let's get started.

Class: Scout (also keen on the Ranger)

Race: Dwarf

Weight: 234

Height: 5'6"

Sex: Female

Stats: (not sure that this is correct... but hey, we'll go with it!)

STR - 2

DEX - 1

STA - 4

CON - 3

WIS - 2

CHA - 3

My fitness & nutrition goals:

Lift weights 3 days a week Sunday, Tuesday, and Friday - Stronglifts **Instead of the lifting weights with stronglifts I am going to have to do something else since our friend with the weights is moving and unable to lift for 4 of the 6 weeks

- Each week make one diet change that moves me closer to a paleo/Primal diet

- Start and do the first 6 weeks of Couch to 5k on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday

- Eat diligently my weight watchers points (28 due to my weight)

Life goal:

Apply to a new job in my current company and hope that I get it. As well as endeavor towards being a student again, have been accepted and will start classes this Summer.

Introduction:

Little bit about me to start out with. I am married, have been now for 7 years this May 23rd. We've been pregnant twice and have lost both babies at 18-19 weeks. For now we are taking a break in the whole having a family thing and focusing on our physical well-being. For me that involves getting down to at last 180 by next February and developing good eating habits. Hoping that being active within the nerd fitness community will help with getting my lazy bum up and out.

1st Weeks Challenge - Run a mile

Time: 00:13:31

2nd Weeks Challenge - Run a 5k

Time: 00:45:28

Good luck with the Couch to 5k plan! It can be intimidating, especially as you get to weeks 5 and 6 where things start to jump a bit, but the results are pretty good. What are you planning on doing in terms of weights?

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

So the more I read around NerdFitness... and the scout thread... the more I am like not there yet with my scoutyness. I guess I mostly picked Scout because that's where I want to be in the future. I want to run a marathon, not this year but maybe next year or the year after. I want to be free outside and enjoy the air and wind and sunsets and sunrises...

Maybe this is the right place for me... don't know. But that's ok. There are other challenges. I Ran my mile. :)

Welcome to the Scouts, it does not matter where your abilities currently are, if you aspire to become a scout, welcome, we are all happy to help with any questions you may have. Good luck with the challenge!

"Civilize the Mind, but make Savage the Body."  

Thanks I definitely aspire to be a scout. I don't know where this newfound love of running has come but I want to be a runner.

4 things that I want:

- To be a runner (running 5ks, marathons, etc)

- To be healthier and in better shape (lifting weights and hopefully in turn "hot")

- To finish school

- To get a promotion

We'll see how it works out with some of these things.

Thanks for asking Sundae. So far this week I ran one day. :( I plan on running today or tomorrow. It's been one of those horrible weeks with migraines and body aches and crap. I have to figure out a way to run despite how miserable I am feeling. Oh and the run on Tuesday was kind of a bust cause halfway through it started raining and then I had to go to the bathroom... ugh it just was a bust. :(

How are things going with your diet? If you want to ease your way into a paleo/primal lifestyle, I have a few suggestions. I'm a self-proclaimed bread junkie, so I've learned a few things.

First, start by just switching to one paleo meal per day. I find that dinner is the easiest for me, but lots of people opt for breakfast because eggs and meat is pretty easy.

Second, when you're at the grocery store, make a concious effort to only allow yourself to buy paleo approved foods. If you want a good book on the diet that has a complete list of approved/unapproved foods, check out "The Paleo Diet" by Dr. Loren Cordain. If all you have at home is paleo foods, you're more likely to eat that way, since eating anything else would mean you'd have to go get it.

Third, always keep lettuce in the house. Whenever you eat something that would normally require bread (sandwiches, hamburgers, tacos), get in the habit of wrapping it up in lettuce instead. In no time, you won't even miss the breads.

If you noticed yourself getting bored with the diet (which doesn't take long), there are lots of paleo cookbooks out there, and they are your friends! Use them! Boredom has inspired many a paleoite to come up with some very creative dishes.

If you have any questions, feel free to message me and ask! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gnome Adventurer

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | STA: 1 | CON: 3 | CHA: 3 | WIS: 4

Fitocracy | ePaleoCookbooks.net | Blog | Twitter

Thanks! I actually have a problem with psoriasis when I eat gluten so I've pretty much have gotten gluten out of my diet but I do sometimes eat gluten free bread which I am probably going to cut out anyways since it isn't nearly as satisfying as bread bread. I will check out that book. I haven't yet decided how to do this whole thing with the paleo diet but I am trying to purchase less processed foods. I will see if I can find that book at my library and go from there. Thanks!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines