• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedStone

RedStone Punches Trees & Survives the Night

On 8/8/2019 at 1:02 PM, RedStone said:

Well, unfortunately the actual art studio gets to be the studio, and probably why I'm tripping up on calling this new gym some version of a studio, although I could move the art studio into a workshop type name... "Dojo" is not a Kung Fu term, (not Chinese), we simply say "school," so maybe down the road that could be a useful way of thinking about it for clients, like a movement school. (And for Kung Fu students, it's a school anyway sooooo) LOL names are fun, love the story!!!

I don't think that's unfortunate at all! I would naturally assume the "studio" is for artsy type stuff (depending on the owners of the home I suppose). Also I wasn't trying to make any implications about proper naming; I just think dojo is a fun word to say. Some variant of school is nice to imply education.

3 hours ago, Deckard Gainz said:

I don't think that's unfortunate at all! I would naturally assume the "studio" is for artsy type stuff (depending on the owners of the home I suppose). Also I wasn't trying to make any implications about proper naming; I just think dojo is a fun word to say. Some variant of school is nice to imply education.

Totes. And in all honesty - it's fun to talk about stuff but you're right that names fall into place naturally/over time. We spent a little time in the upstairs officey room, and it's starting to look like we might do a giant projector against a big white wall... it feels cinematic, but also library-ish? So who knows. Maybe it'll be the book theater :lol:

On 8/9/2019 at 8:55 PM, Diadhuit said:

I like movement studio, it gives such a non-gym vibe, and it's so non threatening.
With my ex, we would always dream of a 'gym for fat people' a place where to train and start your journey to health because going to a gym makes overweight people so self conscious... and movement studio would be a perfect name!

100% the vibe I'm going for - it's all about welcoming accessibility!

____

So yeah. Movement studio/whatever continues to feel peaceful and lovely. Last week I got in there for 1 morning session and one lift. Half of my goal, but a step in the right direction. I got in there this morning and it felt great, I was half tempted to do a full workout at the same time... which is weird for me because I am not a morning workout person. I balked because I was in my pajamas (great for yoga type stuff... not so much for lifting.) I will try to casually facilitate the option later on in the week. 

We had friends over the weekend and they helped install the TRX mounts as well as a super sturdy ceiling mount I can use for all sorts of things from overhead bands, TRX and a heavy bag. I hung up the clock and repotted some plants for the windowsill and it feels great. I think the last pieces of the puzzle are: finding my bluetooth speaker and hanging it on the bar in the closet, and finding my big S shaped hooks so I can hand things from the bar in the closet more... elegantly. 

Here are some progress pictures:

VTZ5KxIl.jpg

b1BnD1Gl.jpg

_____

This week I will be getting in for 2 morning routines and 2 workouts (let's try that again shall we), and will lay out an appropriate outfit for both things and see if the morning workout comes to be.

I will drink an entire shaker full of water every day.

I will get my effects pedals sorted out into the suitcase board, at least enough for Friday night practice with the guys.

_____

I had a really lovely hike with our friends that were visiting and I really want to get into a better habit with that. I'd like to get in one more hike this month!

Otherwise...

Happy Monday ya'll!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Harriet said:

I like the carpet. Pyjama lifting sounds awesome, actually. 

I love the theory of it! Honestly, pretty much of pajama anything is kind of right in my world. But I also didn't want to ruin them with butt sweat. Butt sweat is real. Other jammies I might not have minded... guess it depends on the lewk :teapot: And thank you! It's a yoga mat :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedStone said:

I love the theory of it! Honestly, pretty much of pajama anything is kind of right in my world. But I also didn't want to ruin them with butt sweat. Butt sweat is real. 

Oh, yeah. Say no more. That also scuppers my plan to lift in ballgowns.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Harriet said:

Oh, yeah. Say no more. That also scuppers my plan to lift in ballgowns.

unless perhaps a thrifted black tie number just for that purpose? Would be a fun sight to see!!

23 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

That studio is looking so lovely! What a great space :)

Thank you! I'm really enjoy the energy in there. It feels awesome!

_____

Morning stuff done 2 days in a row, not at my goal for water yet but getting closer. Kung Fu today and Thursday, looking to get in lifts Wednesday and Friday! Also more unpacking planned for Friday and this weekend - which will be a nice quiet weekend without crazy plans! Yay!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jarric said:

New studio's looking cool! How's was your weekend?

Hey friend! How goes? Weekend was busier than expected, but I had a little down time on Sunday that was sorely needed.

_____

Yesterday was a bust on various fronts, but this morning I had a solid win in the studio - got in a vigorous movement flow followed by a workout. Trick? No pants, no problem.

We also managed to do a full meal prep this week (which I am enjoying currently), and that One Less Thing has helped the last few days with routine. 

I got very distracted yesterday gathering materials for a cross stitch I'm going to make for a friend while I'm away at the beach this weekend. I ended up tie dying fabric and getting a pattern together but it sort of took over my afternoon -_- LAME. But I'm also looking forward to getting away. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, RedStone said:

Hey friend! How goes? Weekend was busier than expected, but I had a little down time on Sunday that was sorely needed.

Good thanks. I'd been missing people on the forums here a lot, so I'm glad to be back! Glad you got your downtime in the end.

11 hours ago, RedStone said:

No pants, no problem.

QFT

• Like 1
  • Haha 1