• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Machete

Machete Holds The Fort

Sanctuary-Fort-4.jpg

I've hit another one of my rough patches. Nothing has been accomplished, and I'm just floating around, existing. I think I'm on my way up, so Ill try to get my life back together just in case I go down again I'll at least have a stronger base of control through good habits. @sarakingdom suggested I do the things in front of me first. I find that when it comes down to it, I need a checklist so I can address the basic things.

CHECKLIST FOR BASIC ADULTING IN THE WASTES

1. Hygiene

> shower

> teeth

> Q&D

> macros

2. Settlement Maintenance

> dishes

> laundry

> cleaning

3. Main Quests

> don't be late

> feed the settlers

• Like 5

So far it's Thursday, I've been late to work twice (that I remember), and have done nothing at all but one session of Q&D. I need to get shit started.

CF L1 is this weekend, so I probably need to prep for that as well. I'll need to take out the manual and give it a quick read.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kishi said:

Dude, I'm giving Q&D a go as well! Are you going for power or for the WTHEs?

Just trying to get a workout in, honestly. Been feeling burned-out lately. Meh.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Machete said:

Just trying to get a workout in, honestly. Been feeling burned-out lately. Meh.

I feel you. I'd rather get some kind of GPP without having to necessarily kill myself. The test protocol was a good time as it was; I'm hopeful. Hope you get to feeling better!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kishi said:

I feel you. I'd rather get some kind of GPP without having to necessarily kill myself. The test protocol was a good time as it was; I'm hopeful. Hope you get to feeling better!

Also without going outside, because it's a sauna down here.

Was able to put a load of laundry and dishes in, clean the shower, and hit Q&D yesterday, as I just finished Fallout 1. Ran late for the morning class because the pup woke me up at 4, but got to the evening class on time and functioned well enough for it. Cooking's still a bit of a struggle at the end of the day, and showers have been neglected.

Just need to bathe and go through my manual today. And don't be late. Set the bar low.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Machete said:

Also without going outside, because it's a sauna down here.

Was able to put a load of laundry and dishes in, clean the shower, and hit Q&D yesterday, as I just finished Fallout 1. Ran late for the morning class because the pup woke me up at 4, but got to the evening class on time and functioned well enough for it. Cooking's still a bit of a struggle at the end of the day, and showers have been neglected.

Just need to bathe and go through my manual today. And don't be late. Set the bar low.

Hell yeah. Clearing high bars is easier when you clear low bars. It's good practice. Way to get it done.

Also feeling you on the humid heat. Be cool, man.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Hell yeah. Clearing high bars is easier when you clear low bars. It's good practice. Way to get it done.

Also feeling you on the humid heat. Be cool, man.

Image result for funny high jump gif

• Haha 2

Got some two 8-minute Q&D sessions done. Finally showered and brushed my teeth on Saturday. Finished the CF course today and realized I haven't been sore in a while. Test felt easy, so hopefully it's a pass. They said they'll email within 7 or so business days.

L1-Orlando-FL.jpg

*Yes, that is me, again, in non-standard footwear, because #ChaoticNeutral, right after completing the WOD in flip flops (as opposed to 2014's combat boots).

On 8/9/2019 at 9:16 PM, sarakingdom said:

Maybe ramp up to the full list?

Like, list everything I have to do for the month?

========================================================================================================

So I'm going to try to do better this week. Shower and brush my teeth more often than not, and start rolling the dice on Q&D. The dishes and laundry will be drastically decreased since school is starting, so I'll keep it at 2 a week. Wife is fasting so all I have to do is ensure there's readily-available food for the afternoon and caffeine for the day.

The tardiness is getting out of control. I'm going to have to get to work extra early and start doing a module of Duolingo while waiting or something.

I've also been playing Fallout 3 again, so I'm putting an hour cap on my daily playtime, because I'm a junkie.

WEEK 2 (UPDATED) :

Main Quest

> don't be late (10 times) 2/10

> feed the settlers (7 times)

*perk incentive: late day = no games, cleaning instead (or perhaps cardio?)

Side Quests

> shower (4 times)

> teeth (4 times)

> Q&D (2 times)

> dishes (2 times) 1/2

> laundry (2 times) 1/2

> 20 min general cleaning (2 times) 1/2

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Machete said:

Like, list everything I have to do for the month?

Like, if all those things listed above are challenges, it's too much to change all at once. So do a week that's showers, teeth, and tardiness. The next week, add dishes and feeding people. Etc.

Also, to help limit gaming, gaming as a reward for one item off each list being done?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sarakingdom said:

Like, if all those things listed above are challenges, it's too much to change all at once. So do a week that's showers, teeth, and tardiness. The next week, add dishes and feeding people. Etc.

Also, to help limit gaming, gaming as a reward for one item off each list being done?

Gotcha! So even more focused attention to each. Great idea.

I’m thinking the tardiness is the important part right now, so I’ll address that. Late to work = no games.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Machete said:

I’m thinking the tardiness is the important part right now, so I’ll address that. Late to work = no games. 

It sounds like picking off that one to address is indeed doing the job that's in front of you.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

It sounds like picking off that one to address is indeed doing the job that's in front of you.

22942-1519490960-36466905.jpeg

One thing at a time.

Which brings me to yesterday's conundrum. I got stuck in traffic for two hours picking-up my kid in school, I had to piss in a potato chip bag. This made me late for work; an earlier shift I agreed to take on that day because we're short-staffed. Totally not my fault. But late is late, and I'm holding myself accountable. Cardio it is... 

Endurance

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Machete said:

Totally not my fault. But late is late, and I'm holding myself accountable. Cardio it is...  

I admire your commitment. That is super annoying, but good for you, so silver lining?

• Thanks 1

How you liking Q&D? I think it's a lot of fun myself, and I'm actually rather surprisingly sore after doing it. But in a good way, you know? I mean, I'm weak, so I'm having to do banded push ups for it, but even then I still feel it in my chest.

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:42 PM, Machete said:

*Yes, that is me, again, in non-standard footwear, because #ChaoticNeutral, right after completing the WOD in flip flops (as opposed to 2014's combat boots).

YUS. I walk around in Xeros in the gym and I honestly think I'm considered insane. But given what passes for normal, I can live with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sarakingdom said:

I admire your commitment. That is super annoying, but good for you, so silver lining?

Quite annoying, honestly. But the punishment is good for me. It’s like medicine—I just have to take it.

32 minutes ago, Kishi said:

How you liking Q&D? I think it's a lot of fun myself, and I'm actually rather surprisingly sore after doing it. But in a good way, you know? I mean, I'm weak, so I'm having to do banded push ups for it, but even then I still feel it in my chest.

Pretty good. I get to Snatch and stop before my hands tear up.

I’ve been using it on my classes. The power types really enjoy it. The grinders, I kind of have to keep entertained. But right now I’m pretty comfortable with my standing that I don’t feel as much of a need to prove myself to people. (It’s still there though. Haha)

• Haha 1

Played a little bit lot of Fallout 3. I'm allowing myself to enjoy it so I avoid being late. (Did the cardio, begrudgingly, as well on Tuesday.) I was able to get myself to jiu-jitsu after a long-assed time off. Doesn't seem like I've lost much, so that''s good.

Did some bills today. Going to play more Fallout, then put a load of laundry and dishes before heading to work.

• Like 4

Been picking up the kid from school, and I haven't noticed my gas tank. Ran out of gas in the middle of the street yesterday, and consequently was late for work. No Fallout today. Sadface. I have apparently accumulated 31 hours so far.

Image result for scrounger fallout

I was able to do some cleaning though, and also load the laundry and the dishes. Cardio penalty today to follow.

• Like 4

I did the cardio. 2k on the Rower. Took me 9:01, which I guess is terrible. No surprise.

Image result for fallout farm

The settlers appear to be self-sufficient. I'm going to take attendance one step further.

WEEK 3 :

Main Quest

> Come in early 15 min.  4/10

Side Quests

> shower 1/4

> teeth 1/4

> dishes 0/2

> laundry 0/2

> 20 min general cleaning 0/2

> Read 10 pages 3/7

> work out 2/6

• Like 3