• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Leimanu

Leimanu wants to be wild

Big Major Goal: at the end, take progress photos and measurements to update from July 15.

Goal 1: weights and jogging intervals on same gym days

I go to Les Mills BodyPump 2x a week after work. I want to see if I can do both a weight and cardio thing together.

Goal 2: Write/outline every day

As long as I look at it, carry it around the room, whatever.

Goal 3: Shadow work

Meditation/visualization to dig deep about why I overeat. 

Goal 4: Track

Keep up with the bullet journal. If it's not tracked, it doesn't exist.

That's it :) 

See the source image

• Like 5

Hey Leimanu!

Goal three should be interesting. I've been reading many things about food and eating. Most recently I read Kessler's The End of Overeating, which was good. I've been trying to sort out the contradictory messages we get: calories in/calories out is all you need to know; no, it's a simplification that doesn't work; 95% of diets fail; no, there are still ways to change permanently; intuitive eating is all you need; no, it's magical thinking and you need to count macros; our bodies have set point weights they "want" to be; no that's been disproven... you know. All that stuff. Anyway, I am totally interested in this topic in case you want to discuss. 

Good luck.

• Like 1

Week 1 & 2 wrap up

I'll let my bullet journal and snoozing kitty show my progress.

Exercise has been pretty good. Purple is the activities.

Image may contain: cat and indoor

Did Week 4 of C25K two times. 

Image may contain: indoor

Not so hot on the blog stuff

No photo description available.

• Like 3

On 8/9/2019 at 10:25 AM, Harriet said:

Hey Leimanu!

Goal three should be interesting. I've been reading many things about food and eating. Most recently I read Kessler's The End of Overeating, which was good. I've been trying to sort out the contradictory messages we get: calories in/calories out is all you need to know; no, it's a simplification that doesn't work; 95% of diets fail; no, there are still ways to change permanently; intuitive eating is all you need; no, it's magical thinking and you need to count macros; our bodies have set point weights they "want" to be; no that's been disproven... you know. All that stuff. Anyway, I am totally interested in this topic in case you want to discuss. 

Good luck.

Thanks so much for the recommendation! I believe I read that book, but way back in 2012. I found it really effective, so I just checked out an audio copy from Hoopla.

I agree, there's too much advice, too much conflicting research, each with its own success stories and failures. Ridiculous stuff, like dieting creating metabolic damange, just makes too much sense when you've tried so hard for so long. Behavior change is just the hardest thing! 

The Shadow work has been really insightful. There's a connection between being satisfied (in life) and satiated (in belly). The advice is to feed off my many tasks instead of distracting myself with snacks and YouTube. Putting the tasks on my calendar is really helpful. The next piece of advice is to be cool with my childhood; I was incredibly shy and self-conscious and bullied, so I think I have some hard spots to break open and let the sun shine in. Let myself be angry. Go Wild.

• Like 1

I was brave, and did the weigh in.

I'm down 2lb since my last one in July! Yay! That's almost 10lb for the year.

No noticeable difference in photos or measurements.

I find that aiming for around 2000 calories/day is a comfortable goal, easily achievable.

I'm also challenging myself with more weights at Les Mills BodyPump and, last week, the instructor complimented me on my squat form :)

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Leimanu said:

I was brave, and did the weigh in.

I'm also challenging myself with more weights at Les Mills BodyPump and, last week, the instructor complimented me on my squat form :)

Excellent, and excellent. :) 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2019 at 8:00 PM, h3r0 said:

I thought Les Miles was coaching at Kansas, when did he start running a gym? 

:D

After a quick internet search....hahahahaha! There's a fella named Les Miles in Kansas.

I'm referring to Les Mills, with two L's. It's a fitness program with lots of group classes and now a fitness subscription app. My gym offers the high-rep weight lifting group class, but they have lots - spin and yoga and core, etc. It started in New Zealand however many decades ago.