Planning My Escape - Taking Stock

On 9/2/2019 at 10:20 PM, Harriet said:

Sounds like the food is going well, good job! How about the bodyweight exercises? 

Well... I'm not going to make my target, partly because the travel this weekend (6 hours on coaches, each way) triggered back spasms causing sciatica to flare up and I had to stick to gentle movement instead of strength training... And partly because I'd not left wiggle room in order to manage my goal if an emergency hit... And I'm still recovering from the spasms. 

But I *did* do 8 strength based workouts over the last month (including a couple from before I started the challenges) so I'm actually going to count that side of it as a win, and the whole thing as information gathering! Ticking off boxes works for me for a little while, then they stop being exciting so... Maybe recording it as weekly targets rather than mapping it as a monthly chart would help. Keeping a variety of ways of engaging is important - I used the angry birds model one day, to get me moving, and the bed based exercises twice due to space restraints - so I've made myself a menu of options to choose from each training day for this next month rather than setting one for me to do. The exercises are more or less the same so I can track progress but my brain hasn't fully clocked onto that yet so I'm using perceived novelty as a motivator to keep building momentum!

So I figure I failed that challenge, but am winning in general! May yet manage thesis related challenge #4 though too...

I'll aim for one more exercise routine before the deadline... To protect my back I need to keep building core strength, and I'm determined to get flying... so... 

• Like 2

~Halo

EPIC QUEST: To travel the world, writing, teaching and performing.

CURRENT QUEST: finish the darn PhD. (Deadline, Dec 2019)

On 9/3/2019 at 5:03 PM, Haloquin said:

But I *did* do 8 strength based workouts over the last month

So I figure I failed that challenge, but am winning in general! May yet manage thesis related challenge #4 though too...

Neato! The back spasms sound like a legit reason to back off. 

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru