High praise, :blushing face:

Not so much a particular achievement as such, but a comment that made me smile.

I've been going to the gym pretty regularly for about 2 years now, and doing set weightlifting plans (plus other stuff) for 1 year. I went in on Friday and the instructor who creates my workout plans was there, setting up for a class. As well as helping me out with techniques, we had a chat, and she told me, completely off the cuff, that I was "one of the most dedicated women I've ever trained".

I was kind of stunned by this, because I don't think of myself as very dedicated at all! I see the days where I mean to go to the gym but don't make it in and have to push it back to tomorrow or the day after. I see the meals where I look at my plate of fish and stir-fried vegetables and think "I'd really rather have cake". (Today I had both.) 

But she tells me that a lot of women will start training to build muscle and will get frustrated by how long it takes (she always says women have to work twice as hard and twice as long for half the results) and have a tendency to give up after a few months because they don't see the payoff. So I guess I (and anybody else here who has been managing to clock in at the gym 2-3 times a week for a year or more) can take some pride in being in the small population that stick with it? It's a nice feeling. I'm going to carry this around with me for a good long while.

• Like 6
  • That's Metal 1

What wonderful praise - and obviously you've well earned it!! Congratulations!

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers