Hoo boy it's been a rough few months.  Don't even know where to begin.  Type 2 diabetes is a pain in the ass to manage when there is little consistency in your life (work schedule-wise, nonexistant family-wise, sleep-wise, etc).  Been so exhausted lately that I feel like I've been settled in quicksand and am struggling to get out.  Even little things like trying to keep my personal space tidy is challenging.

Fitness-wise I've completely crashed and burned.  Little beyond walking the dog since May.  Went to the gym today but stomach issued prevented me from doing much.  We'll see how tomorrow goes, I guess.  

Hoo boy it's been a rough few months.  Don't even know where to begin.  Type 2 diabetes is a pain in the ass to manage when there is little consistency in your life (work schedule-wise, nonexistant family-wise, sleep-wise, etc).  Been so exhausted lately that I feel like I've been settled in quicksand and am struggling to get out.  Even little things like trying to keep my personal space tidy is challenging.

Fitness-wise I've completely crashed and burned.  Little beyond walking the dog since May.  Went to the gym today but stomach issued prevented me from doing much.  We'll see how tomorrow goes, I guess.  

How do you manage your diabetes? Medication or mainly diet?
I have insulin resistance and I find that the sugars can make me really tired, but also that sometimes I crave sugars so badly that I feel sick. Metformin and inositol help me manage, but I needed constant adjustments expecially at the beginning.
Have you seen your doctor recently?
Walking seems to be the best thing for managing sugars levels!
  • Like 1

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

6 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

How do you manage your diabetes? Medication or mainly diet?
I have insulin resistance and I find that the sugars can make me really tired, but also that sometimes I crave sugars so badly that I feel sick. Metformin and inositol help me manage, but I needed constant adjustments expecially at the beginning.
Have you seen your doctor recently?
Walking seems to be the best thing for managing sugars levels!

I'm on metformin and lifestyle changes, I've been working with my doc since diagnosis a year ago.  Healthcare in Canada is great and all that yadda yadda yadda, but it feels excruciatingly slow when you gotta wait 3 months between medication adjustments to see how things are going.  Metformin alone doesn't seem to be doing much.  I just had a round of bloodwork a few days ago so we'll see.  

• Sad 1

I'm on metformin and lifestyle changes, I've been working with my doc since diagnosis a year ago.  Healthcare in Canada is great and all that yadda yadda yadda, but it feels excruciatingly slow when you gotta wait 3 months between medication adjustments to see how things are going.  Metformin alone doesn't seem to be doing much.  I just had a round of bloodwork a few days ago so we'll see.  

Take it easy then. The initial part needs a lot of patience. Try to discuss with your doctor about gym or training plans.
My dad has diabetes, the first few years he struggled, but now he takes very little metformin and nearly bases it all with dieting. There is a light at the end, yet it takes long to get there!

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8