• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

scalyfreak

Scalyfreak is late to the party

4 hours ago, h3r0 said:

Way to go on hitting the gym! How has the meditation been going? 

I have a daily streak going in Insight Timer... I need to go mediate now, so I don't break it. Then I will return to the gym for my Sunday lifting. :) 

• Like 1

It's been a little over a week, so time for a progress report. :)

1. Get back to regular gym visits and lifting. I intended to go three times last week, and I only missed one of the three! This is good progress and I'm hoping the momentum will carry me this week. First workout is this evening.

2. Meditate every day. This one is going very well. Insight Timer has me on a 9-day streak.

3. Start and finish at least one project I have been procrastinating on for way too long. I picked a project! I have decided to continue with the half-finished project of cleaning out my closet and replace the things that are going away with nothing but things I actually need. The challenge here is to try and do the first part in a way that puts as few items into local landfills as possible, and the second in a way that doesn't create more items for the landfill later. In other words, donate and thrift. I have signed up for ThredUp and requested one of their clean-out bags, and will send them all the dumb stuff I haven't used in years but can't bring myself to donate. (Local thrift stores display items for a short amount of time, then dispose of them - my cashmere sweaters deserve better!)

This project is going to take a while, and will continue through future challenges. Procrastination thinks that the fact that I now need to wait for a couple of weeks to receive the clean-out bag is a partial win for her, so I have spent some time identifying little things I can do while I wait, to counter and hopefully cause her some injury in the process.

For extra bonus points, Self-Indulgence is all exited about making room in the closet for all the unique items ThredUp will provide later,  when Phase 2 starts, so she remains happy and cooperative.

• Like 4

On 9/3/2019 at 10:53 AM, scalyfreak said:

This project is going to take a while, and will continue through future challenges. Procrastination thinks that the fact that I now need to wait for a couple of weeks to receive the clean-out bag is a partial win for her, so I have spent some time identifying little things I can do while I wait, to counter and hopefully cause her some injury in the process.

Nice job.If your procrastination-slaying sword is away for sharpening, you can still poke her in the EYES