Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello fine people from the internet!

 

I have been on holiday for the last month and accordingly have also been off my workout during that period.  Supplemental to that, I have also been off my supplements (!), including creatine.

 

So my question for you fine people is: should I do a creatine loading period again or just go with my regular amount that I had been taking pre-holiday?  Is creatine loading even necessary (or important)?

 

Thanks!

 

 

 

P.S. I understand that creatine isn't dope, but I am an attention whore and clickbait titles are like steroids for page views :P 

 

P.P.S.  This post in no way endorses the use of steroids or other growth hormones

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, high doses can cause gut upsets in some people. That's why I quit taking it, though I might try again with a half dose... Since creatine only creates a small, long term effect, I'd probably go with a normal dose and some patience. Not that I have the authority to advise patience to any fellow questers after the gainz. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

P.S. I understand that creatine isn't dope, but I am an attention whore and clickbait titles are like steroids for page views :P 

  

 P.P.S.  This post in no way endorses the use of steroids or other growth hormones

 

Hah a short trip in the U.S. and you're Muricanness already went up a factor 4. :lol:

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

You were in America catching up on your beef consumption. I can’t imagine your creatine level dropped enough to warrant a reload.

 

P.S. I normally don’t head into the powerlifting areas, but the clickbait title drew me in.

Before I realized who posted it and what was actually in the post the title had me reaching for the banhammer.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2019 at 9:57 AM, Sloth the Enduring said:

You were in America catching up on your beef consumption. I can’t imagine your creatine level dropped enough to warrant a reload.

 

P.S. I normally don’t head into the powerlifting areas, but the clickbait title drew me in.

Huh, that's a good point.  given the amount of beef I was consuming over the last month, I wouldn't be surprised if my overall creatibe consumption actually went up

 

22 hours ago, Harriet said:

Also, high doses can cause gut upsets in some people. That's why I quit taking it, though I might try again with a half dose... Since creatine only creates a small, long term effect, I'd probably go with a normal dose and some patience. Not that I have the authority to advise patience to any fellow questers after the gainz. 

 I didn't realize that.  When I first started I tried to find whatever information I could (which wasn't very conclusive) and decided to load for a week.  Based on the fedback here, I have decided to just resume with my normal amount.

 

18 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

 

Hah a short trip in the U.S. and you're Muricanness already went up a factor 4. :lol:

Perhaps I forgot to mention that I spent a good portion my time there wearing cutoff camo pants, an american flag t-shirt and a camo ballcap?  4x may be a little on the low side :P 

 

11 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Before I realized who posted it and what was actually in the post the title had me reaching for the banhammer.

Exactly the reaction I was looking for :D 

 

Thanks everyone, I will just keep up my regular amount :) 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Do some say "Supplements?"  

giphy.gif

 

I went through this with creatine and this is basically what I figured out.  The goal is to saturate your cells with creatine, and once that saturation is reached, you dispose of the excess in your urine.  Saturation is also why it doesn't really matter with timing for pre/post workout or just taking it 12 hours away from your workout.  How do you get saturation?  For me, it's 5 gr/day (1 teaspoon).  You can "load" for a week by doubling it, but chances are all you'd be doing is pissing the creatine away (Literally!).  

 

Too much Creatine made me jittery and kinda sick, so if you feel that, just reduce your intake.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2019 at 2:51 AM, Br0din said:

How do you get saturation?  For me, it's 5 gr/day (1 teaspoon).  You can "load" for a week by doubling it, but chances are all you'd be doing is pissing the creatine away (Literally!).

Thanks!  When I first starting taking creatine I did 2 tsp/day for a week and then dropped down to 1tsp, which was what I was seeing as the general advice on the interwebs.  When I came back to it I didn't bother doing the loading again and just went with the regular 1 tsp/day dosage

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...