17 hours ago, TabbyCat said:

Maybe if I get buff they'll trust me to be by myself more, hahah! 

Best. Reason. To. Work. Out. Ever!

10 hours ago, TabbyCat said:

You guys, what if he has grand-spiders who come after me, like assassins bent on revenge? 

You'll shoe-crush them back into the 4th dimension? I mean, Giant Ninja Spiders are trying to take over the world for quite a few centuries, now that you've been drawn into the fight, we either win all together or end up enslaved under their whippy hairs. Congrats on your level-up! (Yup, the feat's worth a whole level all by itself.)

18 hours ago, TabbyCat said:

allowing others to work on their own mistakes and problems gives them an opportunity to grow! : ) 

And we wouldn't want to deprive them of this opportunity, would we? I mean, what if giant ninja spiders disguised as an armless old Snorlax-catching man get a hold on them in a library and they didn't even know that they had to train for such an unbelievably common situation just because they've been over-sheltered all their life? Getting everybody ready for the ninja spiders is everybody's responsibility, there's no time to waste, we have to start today!

• Like 1

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

23 hours ago, TabbyCat said:

BUT YOU GUYS I *Flinches* I PANICKED.

And I- *Gulps* well, I...threw a shoe at him.

LOL, not gonna lie, I'd have done the same thing. :) 

• Like 1
On 9/6/2019 at 12:23 AM, Mortimer said:

I thought you might appreciate this:

https://thegamercat.com/comic/sweet-moves/

If we were closer Id volunteer to help you deal with all the spider minions. Well that's assuming I actually hit anything...my accuracy in smacking stuff could use work. But shoe is a good idea since you have no idea whether that spider is poisonous or not. 

I giggled so hard I almost fell off my chair, when he 'Noped' outta there!! X D This is so CUTE!! *Squeals* 

Heheh! And help is always welcome, when it comes to Spider Minions! Of course, I haven't seen any...yet...

*Shudders* They could be biding their time...gathering intel...waiting for the perfect moment to strike. *Raises can of bug spray like a sword* (O__O)

22 hours ago, Jean said:

Best. Reason. To. Work. Out. Ever!

You'll shoe-crush them back into the 4th dimension? I mean, Giant Ninja Spiders are trying to take over the world for quite a few centuries, now that you've been drawn into the fight, we either win all together or end up enslaved under their whippy hairs. Congrats on your level-up! (Yup, the feat's worth a whole level all by itself.)

And we wouldn't want to deprive them of this opportunity, would we? I mean, what if giant ninja spiders disguised as an armless old Snorlax-catching man get a hold on them in a library and they didn't even know that they had to train for such an unbelievably common situation just because they've been over-sheltered all their life? Getting everybody ready for the ninja spiders is everybody's responsibility, there's no time to waste, we have to start today!

YES!! *Raises sword in the air, staggering under it's weight* We- We've gotta gather the troops! Gotta spread awareness of the danger of ninja-spiders!

• Like 1

At Job #2 on a delivery run, today...

PEEPS. Lemme just say...sometimes I run into some funky people- and not in a dance-moves kinda way.

I walk up to the door of one of the customers, expecting just a routine delivery. 

(I shoulda known better) 

In hindsight, I think the distant rumble of thunder was a warning from the Heavens. An omen, if ya will.

The customer opens the door-

AND SHE WAS WEARING ONLY A TOWEL.

"I'm Busy," She wheezes, has that voice that's kinda crackly and metallic, from cigarette use. "Can you bring the food INSIDE, for me?" 

Well, fudge. 

I ALMOST considered it, actually, just to be nice! 

But then, I happened to look past the darkened living room-

And her husband was also standing in the background. WEARING ONLY A TOWEL. 

Nope. Nope. Nope.

I laugh nervously and almost fall over in my haste to hand her the food, 

"U-um!" I stammer, "I-I-It's against policy! I'm very sorry! Have a beautiful day!" 

She grumbles something else, but I'm already halfway across the yard, like a bat outta hades, getting the heck out of dodge. 

Nope. Nope. Nope.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
11 hours ago, TabbyCat said:

At Job #2 on a delivery run, today...

PEEPS. Lemme just say...sometimes I run into some funky people- and not in a dance-moves kinda way.

I walk up to the door of one of the customers, expecting just a routine delivery. 

(I shoulda known better) 

In hindsight, I think the distant rumble of thunder was a warning from the Heavens. An omen, if ya will.

The customer opens the door-

AND SHE WAS WEARING ONLY A TOWEL.

"I'm Busy," She wheezes, has that voice that's kinda crackly and metallic, from cigarette use. "Can you bring the food INSIDE, for me?" 

Well, fudge. 

I ALMOST considered it, actually, just to be nice! 

But then, I happened to look past the darkened living room-

And her husband was also standing in the background. WEARING ONLY A TOWEL. 

Nope. Nope. Nope.

I laugh nervously and almost fall over in my haste to hand her the food, 

"U-um!" I stammer, "I-I-It's against policy! I'm very sorry! Have a beautiful day!" 

She grumbles something else, but I'm already halfway across the yard, like a bat outta hades, getting the heck out of dodge. 

Nope. Nope. Nope.

Oh boy...

• Like 1

:blink:

These people are 

giphy.gif

No wonder your colleagues are afraid you might get abducted. Funny story, but still ewwwww...

I'm pretty curious, any way to know what the item(s) delivered was/were?

• Like 1

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

9 hours ago, Jean said:

:blink:

These people are 

giphy.gif

No wonder your colleagues are afraid you might get abducted. Funny story, but still ewwwww...

I'm pretty curious, any way to know what the item(s) delivered was/were?

Right??I totes agree! I've decided not to mention this to em', in case they have a conniption fit, heheh!
(O__O) But yeah (EEEEK!) The whole thing was really weird and uncomfortable! 

The items were actually food/grocery related, and they ordered lots of different wines and alcohol beverages, too.

The good thing about this is that I can choose not to deliver to those folks again, and I'm thinkin' of maaaybe saying something to the HR team about the oddness of the whole thing...! *Shudders*

• Like 1

YOU GUYS. 

I have a- um- confession. It's a coffee confession. A CAFFEINE Confession, if ya will. 

You see, most people put maybe- what- two or three creams and sugars in their coffee? 

….

I put...*Deep, ragged breath* FOURTEEN CREAMS. AND FOURTEEN SUGARS. In my coffee. 

*Blushes* 

I know. I know I have a problem. 

I know it, whenever I go through the fast food drive through, put my coffee order in, and listen to the crackling silence over the speaker.

"Did you say," The cashier says, hopefully, "Four creams and four sugars?"

And I hafta correct her, "U-um... Fourteen,  ma'am." 

I'm trying to IMPROVE, darn it! Trying to do a little better with this unhealthy sugar habit! So today...I had nine creams and nine sugars.

*Sniffles* 
It just wasn't the same... (T__T) 

IMG_2694.JPG

• Like 2

I say, depends on the size of the coffee but yes, that's a lot of energy in a delicious XXL-sized beverage. How many of them do you take in a day?

Does your dentist know this? :o

Also, wine and groceries makes sense, thanks for the answer and yes, reporting it to HR might not be a bad idea, at all!

• Like 1

On 9/8/2019 at 10:54 PM, Mortimer said:

I second reporting to HR. Its really rather weird. 

Also about reducing sugar and cream - drop down a cream and a sugar every day, and in 2 weeks you'll be drinking black coffee =D

Caffeine has its places. Like when you need the extra boost for running faster/lifting heavier. 

That's a good idea! (To gradually reduce intake) Thank ya both! : D 

It's amazing, the confidence that good lifestyle changes can give ya! *Cheers* (WOOT!)

(And of course what a good hair curler can do) (^__~)

I've been taking a different Profile Picture, each day (Doing this on my Facebook, also!) to kind of UP my confidence and see the difference working out has made to my skin. As well as certain job changes and a little more sleep.

Y'ALL. 

*Spins chair around, takes sip of coffee* 

Committing to lifestyle changes....changes your whole outlook!

The world seems even brighter and more beautiful than before. 

In the past I've been a little bummed, a little scared and uncertain when it comes to making changes. 

Now? Holy quacamole, Batman!

Now I'm welcoming change- Bring. It. On.

• Like 2

Had to call off of Job # 3 (The Other retail store I work at, ) today! *Blushes*

Because of a conflict in..err... schedules, unfortunately! (>__<) 

They go by an automated system, and it's too bad there's no option to say, "Sorry, I'm calling off because I'm lame and I overextended myself! GAHH!" 

*In Marvin Martian Voice* Whelp...back to the old drawing boooard! 

I plan to leave this job at some point, anyhow- 

Have you ever had a job that was just filled to the darn brim with way too much drama? Toxicity? 

Now don't get me wrong, I love my peeps at this job, too! (^__^) But golly, are they aggressive! 

Two of my coworkers got into an actual fistfight in our bakery, the other day. 

(O__O)

-No idea what it was about, but I kid you not, one of them started throwing baked goods at the other in the process. 

And- because they're so short staffed- they didn't fire either of em'! 

Not to mention there was the one time my boss got mad and- um- threw his phone across the room. 

(O____O) 

(This is at my third job, mind ya, not the other two. Management's awesome at the others!)

But...yep.

I guess...If I'm honest...I prolly could have made it in, somehow, today. Rescheduled a couple things, maybe. 

But my motivation- when it comes to this third place of employment- is kinda lacking...

• Like 2
On 9/8/2019 at 1:20 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Holy crap. I’m trying to visualize, is there room for coffee too?

Heehee! (^__^) It really is mostly cream I guess! Or- as one of the employees said- "This is syrup!" 

Funny story, actually- I was hanging out with a friend of mine, and she accidentally took a sip of my coffee, instead of hers.

All she said was, "JESUS." X D

• Like 1
6 hours ago, TabbyCat said:

Had to call off of Job # 3 (The Other retail store I work at, ) today! *Blushes*

Because of a conflict in..err... schedules, unfortunately! (>__<) 

They go by an automated system, and it's too bad there's no option to say, "Sorry, I'm calling off because I'm lame and I overextended myself! GAHH!" 

*In Marvin Martian Voice* Whelp...back to the old drawing boooard! 

I plan to leave this job at some point, anyhow- 

Have you ever had a job that was just filled to the darn brim with way too much drama? Toxicity? 

Now don't get me wrong, I love my peeps at this job, too! (^__^) But golly, are they aggressive! 

Two of my coworkers got into an actual fistfight in our bakery, the other day. 

(O__O)

-No idea what it was about, but I kid you not, one of them started throwing baked goods at the other in the process. 

And- because they're so short staffed- they didn't fire either of em'! 

Not to mention there was the one time my boss got mad and- um- threw his phone across the room. 

(O____O) 

(This is at my third job, mind ya, not the other two. Management's awesome at the others!)

But...yep.

I guess...If I'm honest...I prolly could have made it in, somehow, today. Rescheduled a couple things, maybe. 

But my motivation- when it comes to this third place of employment- is kinda lacking...

I think you should leave the job unless you want to get caught in a crossfire of baked goods and thrown phones. I suppose if you were Neo from Matrix you might manage to dodge everything but otherwise things get a little dubious... 

Besides more sleep is good =) 

• Like 1

EH? What's THIS? 

Finally, a post about fitness, heehee! X D 

~

Today...I did squats. 

And not just a few squats, no. 

I did...a whole lot of em'.

So many- in fact- that I feel as though I've been hauling donkeys up a mountain...in the snow...over cliffs.

So many squats that once finished, I sat down (Painfully) rolled over, and in a flash of pain I'm pretty sure I met Jesus. (And even he was all like "GURL... PACE YO'SELF")
Or maybe that was my own mind crying out... In any case, I laid there for a while! (>___<) 

GAHHH. *Sniffles* 

To my more fit peeps out there: WHEN DO THE SQUATS STOP HURTING? 

I'm having some trouble kneeling down, and whenever I do it feels like someone is trying to make taffy outta my leg muscles, heheh! 

In any case, at least I feel accomplished! So that's definitely a positive! (^___^)

• Like 2

*claps TabbyCat on her shoulder*

Great job! 

How many squats did you do, out of curiosity?

You should record it here so next time you do squats you know how many you aim to do the next time. 

With every exercise you don't want to jump straight into the deep end - I can attest to that when I did a sudden increase in mileage. 

Anyway your reaction mirrors my mom's when I introduced her to chair squats =) 

Hmm. Pistol squat attempts with doorframe help. Glutes still a little sore today. It gets worse should I have had done weighted squats yesterday.

Box squats the last time I did a whole bunch. Not really =P

I guess the answer is when they stop hurting its time to move to a harder squat progression ^^

Oh and here's a funny way to do squats. Been there, done that. 

The leg raise version is not easy and neither is the push up version (be you doing it on knees or toes). I don't want to think about the pull ups. I heard Navy Seals tried it and couldn't complete lol. 

• Like 1

Good on you for pushing yourself!! :)
(But I think Jesus was probably right, and it would be okay to ease into things more gradually). ;) 

Whenever I first started working out, I had a few times where I didn't think I was overdoing it and then could barely walk the next day - so be careful!

I'm a long time Jazzerciser. (<--It took me years to admit this out loud, but really it's fun!!). ;) Anyway - there's a quite a lot of squatting involved; and when I started and there was a routine with squats I'd want to leave the room/punch someone in the face; but now my squat endurance is no joke.  

If you stay with it - I'm sure you'll notice that it starts getting easier pretty quickly! :D (But at the same time squats do stay hard!! - and like Mortimer says there are lots of ways you can keep pushing yourself with them).

It's kind of like this - if you just do 10 squats forever - they'll get easier - but guaranteed they'll still feel a little uncomfortable. But if you add more squats over time - then 10 squats really will feel like nothing but you'll only maintain this by pushing yourself to your new edge.

I was REALLY out of shape when I started working out, and in some ways I think this was a blessing because I got really hooked on how far I had progressed and I kept wanting to see how much more I could do. I've seen a lot of people start exercising at a higher level of fitness than I had and they can plateau pretty easily because they don't ever push themselves past that. 

• Like 2